+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 379 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree990Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3206926;
    Nothing more embarrasing that "New Wealth". I didn't think anything could beat SoCal for ostentation but this gated community takes the cake. Did it say whether the gates were to keep the occupants in or the world out? And may I assume that the blonde bimbo who wants to be a country western star is being kept by a married man? Shame on you Bravo for promoting adultery (just kidding, where would we be without a little "Bravo Adultery"?
    I don't think you can assume that. It's possible, but you can't make broad assumptions w/o really knowing more details.

He could be a well-known politician or local personality who isn't married, but doesn't want to be involved in a low-class reality show. Not everyone wants to have their lives & faces plastered on tv like that.

Look what happened to Bethany's boyfriend. He got fired, though I don't think it was related to the show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well said and good points, hutch!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Housewives Offer Some Southern Exposure - E! Online

Housewives Offer Some Southern Exposure
    Today 5:44 PM PDT by Marc Malkin

Bravo / Virginia Sherwood

Is this the beginning of a Real Housewives feud?

Kim Zolciak, one of five women starring in Bravo's new The Real Housewives of Atlanta, says she and her pals are ready to take down their Orange County and New York City counterparts.

"Our show rocks," Zolciak (above, in pink) told me earlier today. "I think the personalities and the diversity in the show supersede all of the other Housewives shows."

Zolciak's money-loving costars include the wives of an entrepreneur and NBA and NFL athletes.

Zolciak is a single mother with two young girls and a mystery boyfriend she only identifies as "Big Poppa." But he might as well be called "Big Bucks."

In the premiere episode airing October 7 (a sneak peek had a one-time showing over the summer), cameras follow Zolciak as she calls Big Poppa to ask him for a new Cadillac Escalade. Seconds later she's writing a $68,000 check to buy the souped-up SUV on the spot.

Internet speculation trying to figure out who Big Poppa is has already started. Guesses abound over his possible identity; even media mogul and Atlanta resident Ted Turner has been one of the names idly tossed about.

"For God's sakes, he's none of that stuff," Zolciak said with a laugh, adding, "I'm the queen and I want the king. And that's it…he's mine and I don't want to share him."

Zolciak makes no secret about her expensive tastes. She boasts on the show that she'll probably "die in Dior."

"I've been rich and I've been poor, and it makes me feel good to be in designer labels," she said. "And anybody is an idiot to say anything different. I've always been materialistic and I'm driven. I work hard to have those things. I mean if I had $1000, am I going to save it to make it $2000 so I can buy that Dolce & Gabbana purse, or am I going buy a Guess purse? I'm going to buy that Dolce & Gabbana."

What she does to earn her own money is unclear, because she said her only work right now is trying to record a country music album with hit-making producer Dallas Austin. Zolciak refused to say how or when the album will be released. She laughed, "That's all top secret."

For now, she's living at least one of her lifelong dreams. "I knew I'd be on television," she said. "At 12 years old, I wrote in a journal that I was gonna have my own TV show by the time I turned 30. I turned 30 during the time we were filming."

Ted Turner?!?! LMAO

FORT Fanatic

Ted Turner?!?! LMAO
    Even in a bipolar moment, Turner has better taste.
    Who cares who employs that troll?
    Just looking at her, one can imagine who is interested into being associated with that not so hot mess.

FORT Regular

She's 30? Yeah, right. So am I. Actually I claim to be 29, my mother claims to be 30.

Quote Originally Posted by katie/lynn;3209267;
    She's 30? Yeah, right. So am I. Actually I claim to be 29, my mother claims to be 30.
    She could be 30. She's appears to have had so much work done that it's destroyed her face.

But it's more likely she's 40 and the work still looks bad.

uhhh so far im loving the diversity...but i must say i dont like Sheree at all because she is to arrogant and thinks that she is all that...hunny with out your money your nothing...I like everyone else so far..cant wait for next week.
    Think Before You Act...."We Were Here All Together Yesterday" Stole Stole Stole

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3208115;
    I don't think you can assume that. It's possible, but you can't make broad assumptions w/o really knowing more details.

He could be a well-known politician or local personality who isn't married, but doesn't want to be involved in a low-class reality show. Not everyone wants to have their lives & faces plastered on tv like that.

Look what happened to Bethany's boyfriend. He got fired, though I don't think it was related to the show.

But isn't she essentially a `kept woman' regardless of the status of her , umm, err, John? and what is this arrangement teaching her two girls?
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Quote Originally Posted by katie/lynn;3209267;
    She says she's 30???????? Oh, girl is delusional!
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

Hello Kitty Fanatic krazysexxykool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83;3152072;
    Do you know the ATL Housewives or something? I wouldn't go as far to say many of the things you have. These women did NOT make the NYC women look "poor" or make the OC women look destitute. Only two of the housewives even had real mansions. The others all had McMansions ala Slade and Jo. NYC Housewives had expensive NYC apartments AND large MANSIONS in the Hamptons, they're on a completely different financial level.

All that said, they most definately do bring the drama and I will be watching this season.

I could not believe "Big Poppa" gave that woman $67K for an escalade. If you're going to spend $67K on a woman, at least pick one that is in shape and attractive.

In fact, all on the ATL housewives need a trip to the gym badly. Instead of buying tacky McMansions, they should be hiring personal trainers.
    I disagree, 2 of the wives are in EXCELLENT shape. Lisa has a gym built in her house and was working out like a fiend with her husband. She looked amazing during the photo shoot she did for her jewelry line. Sheree looks to be in very good shape as well.

+ Reply to Thread