+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2772Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I don't care what Bob meant, or what the motivation was for his joking. The scene was hardly some sort of phony effort by him to prop up Sheree's relevance on the show. I'm totally appalled by his comments and his attempt to buy her acquiescence in his laughing off his abusiveness with diamonds. Nor do I think I have any basis for analyzing Sheree's hope that something could develop between them, much less that she has some sort of devious interest in his money. Maybe she has some lingering love for him from the earlier phase of their relationship. Maybe she's lonely and a connection that existed brought them together. Maybe a lot of things. I'm not getting where these comments are coming from.
    JustJuls and Stargazer161 like this.

FORT Fogey

I think they come from the same place that all comments on these shows come from - watching, forming opinions, and discussing them. When things are suggested in terms of opinion, I don't see an issue with it. I see an issue when viewers insist they know the soul of a housewife because of watching the show. But I don't see anything wrong with opinions and speculation. How would a board like this get to 486 pages without it?
    jeanne likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Fan

"Aloha & Goodbye" was a bore! Even Phaedra's Jeckle/Hyde routine of playing tennis early with Kenya only to turn on her practically blaming her for the failed marriage!

FORT Fogey

Sheree did a really nice job of telegraphing everything that would transpire when she said that she threw her OWN divorce party when she was ready. Once again, Kenya's biggest problem is that she places expectations of a response on people rather than being sensitive to what they may feel on their own.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

FORT Regular

I know that it is all for show and drama but Kenya throwing a divorce party, especially when neither of the girls were actually divorced was insensitive. I am going through a divorce now and couldn't even imagine having a party and we have been separated almost 8 months. Most people are not happy that their marriages failed, especially when it is fresh and raw.
    Punkin likes this.

I also found it particularly crass when Kenya stated to Phaedra, "You chose to be divorced." Clearly, coming from someone who has never been married. Yes, technically they did choose to be divorced, but rarely is it an easy choice. It's not like picking shoes to wear on a given day... I think I'll get divorced today. I'm not a fan of Phaedra, but at that moment I was taken aback by that particular statement. It was more than a little insensitive.
    Punkin and jjm219 like this.

Here is an interesting article from our Punkin but posted by mistake on the RH/NY thread by mistake.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/phaedra-p...203538733.html

Ruh Roh, Phaedra.
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

Thanks, Kar!
    momrek06 likes this.
    Lynda

All I have to say is ....what in the world was Phaedra wearing when she went to visit Cynthia??
    Punkin and Fiero425 like this.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls View Post
    All I have to say is ....what in the world was Phaedra wearing when she went to visit Cynthia??
    None of these ladies ever buys the right size. Appears she was wearing a bathing suit and jeans. But that bathing suit was wayyyyyy too small. She said she wore it in case she wanted to go in Cynthia's "river".

I agree that "divorce" party was insensitive.

Matt sure has some deep rooted issues. I don't know why Kenya continues to even speak to him. Hopefully, she has seriously now moved on from him. He needs counseling.

I do not know ANYONE that would sign that Baby Nup that Porsche had.

I am not sure if that previous employee of Kandi's has material for a lawsuit.

Sheree's son does not appear to be 'model' material in my opinion. He just seems blah to me.

And being so late and Sheree states it's traffic and yet when CB asks the son he says something totally different. ODD.

I certainly hope Sheree is DONE with Bob.

The PREVIEWS: did some lady come into some party claiming to be APOLLO's GF? Ruh Roh!
    JustJuls and jjm219 like this.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread