+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 404 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast
Like Tree1357Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

So sad the season is over. Well, here's my two cents on the finale:

The scene w/ DeShawn and Eric playing b-ball seemed very staged to me. Almost like she asked the producers to give them a chance to let the viewers know where they came from and how they worked for their (or his) success.

Lisa's Ms. Congeniality Act is very annoying. If people don't like e/o, speak your peace then leave it alone. Plus, her under her breath comment to Sheree about NeNe calling them the B word was uncalled for- it was pretty obvious that NeNe was kidding. But, Lisa let her true colors slip out. How come she didn't say anything to NeNe's face if it bothered her? Isn't that her self-described style? I feel like she is very aware of the camera and isn't being 100% natural. She has 100 'businesses' so I'm sure she is somewhat concerned about her image which I can understand.

Nene's husband is really sweet and supportive but his speech last night made no sense (or maybe I was just sleepy). I kept waiting for him to spew some wisdom being hte oldest one in the room but it went nowhere. The son wearing the grad gown to buy the car was hilarious!

Sheree's is just an evil mess and you can see it in her face and eyes. Despite what she says about NeNe, I think she is the one who is miserable on the inside.

Kim is Kim. I actually like her and find her very entertaining. What a contradiction though- she will smoke in her kid's faces but doesn't want them to hear her fighting with NeNe. She just didn't have anything to say and used her kid's presence as an excuse.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

In the same interview I spoke of earlier, Lisa mentioned being very aware of the cameras and also stated that she did this show to promote her businesses. She also mentioned that there are moments that are created by the producers to give back story, so the Eric/Deshawn thing was probably one of them. I also have the feeling that Lisa swimming and getting the call that her husband was going to play on the west coast was one of those moments, but she didn't give any examples.

I really didn't hear the last 15 minutes of the show last night, which seemed to be the best part, someone decided to call me just when the show was getting good, and I couldn't stay up and watch it all again just to get to the last 15 minutes. I'll have to sit and listen and see how much sense Nene's husband made.

The cap and gown thing....that reminds me of when the kids in my neighborhood would graduate and wear that thing all day long to let the world know they did it! Everyone who passed them, stranger or friend, would always offer congradulations. Wonder if that was one of those staged producer moments or if he was just pleased as punch with himself
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Liz2286;3237289;
    I agree. I have also sensed that Lisa tries too hard. She tries so much to be Ms. Congeniality but I get the vibe that she really doesn't like anyone but Sheree. With all the stuff in the media lately, it's obvious that she hates Kim's guts! I get a hint of jealousy when she talks about DeShawn and even when they're together. I feel like she's jealous that DeShawn's life is more stable because of Eric's more guaranteed contract, pension, post-career opportunities, etc. I know she doesn't like NeNe because she always allows Sheree to talk crap about N and she's not the same when N talks about Sheree.
    ITA

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;3237323;
    So sad the season is over. Well, here's my two cents on the finale:

The scene w/ DeShawn and Eric playing b-ball seemed very staged to me. Almost like she asked the producers to give them a chance to let the viewers know where they came from and how they worked for their (or his) success.

Lisa's Ms. Congeniality Act is very annoying. If people don't like e/o, speak your peace then leave it alone. Plus, her under her breath comment to Sheree about NeNe calling them the B word was uncalled for- it was pretty obvious that NeNe was kidding. But, Lisa let her true colors slip out. How come she didn't say anything to NeNe's face if it bothered her? Isn't that her self-described style? I feel like she is very aware of the camera and isn't being 100% natural. She has 100 'businesses' so I'm sure she is somewhat concerned about her image which I can understand.

Nene's husband is really sweet and supportive but his speech last night made no sense (or maybe I was just sleepy). I kept waiting for him to spew some wisdom being hte oldest one in the room but it went nowhere. The son wearing the grad gown to buy the car was hilarious!

Sheree's is just an evil mess and you can see it in her face and eyes. Despite what she says about NeNe, I think she is the one who is miserable on the inside.

Kim is Kim. I actually like her and find her very entertaining. What a contradiction though- she will smoke in her kid's faces but doesn't want them to hear her fighting with NeNe. She just didn't have anything to say and used her kid's presence as an excuse.
    She also said she allows them to say whatever they want to her and other adults, regardless of how disrespectful it may be.

I'm going to have to watch the show again but I think I heard that, on the reunion show, Kim and Lisa get into it because Lisa said that Kim lied to her. Something about having cancer and something else about all this stress caused Kim to lose 50 lbs. Did anyone else hear that?

At the very end, it said that Kim was still in the singing boot camp, but was back to smoking. Then it said that she and Big Poppa ended their 7-MONTH relationship. Seven months????? That's all??? I thought they had been together for several years!

I, too, noticed all those clothes hanging in that one daughter's closet. Holy moly! And I think it was the younger daughter's closet, not the older girl's closet.

Wonder if the girls are now back to sleeping in mommy's bed because she is smoking again.

And Nene's son wearing his graduation gown to the car lot. Too funny but also too weird!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3237352;
    I'm going to have to watch the show again but I think I heard that, on the reunion show, Kim and Lisa get into it because Lisa said that Kim lied to her. Something about having cancer and something else about all this stress caused Kim to lose 50 lbs. Did anyone else hear that?
    There's a couple of clips on the Bravo site from the reunion. I can't wait!

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

[QUOTE=KeepItReal;3237334;] I also have the feeling that Lisa swimming and getting the call that her husband was going to play on the west coast was one of those moments, but she didn't give any examples.
    QUOTE]

I forgot about that scene but I totally agree.
    What city/radio station was the interview on?
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Newbie

I watched The Housewives of Orange County and thought it was interesting. The women are certainly not representative of 99.99% of the female population of the US. They are obnoxious at times and enable their kids incredibly but at least they nearly all work-some of them very hard (Vicki and Jeanne).

On the otherhand, the Housewives of Atlanta are a collective nightmare. Their sense of entitlement is unbelievable. How they think is beyond my comprehension. I think Bravo is "punkin'" us! They must be acting!

FORT Newbie

The truth of the matter is Greg and NeNe are renters. He was my real estate agent. He rented, just like me. They don't have money like that and most of the things were blown WAY out of preportion. True they both had nice cars, but nowadays you don't even have to have good credit to drive a Range Rover or a BMW. Hell, I drive a Benz. They rented that house for the show. They are really good fun people though. Greg doesn't do things straight across the board all the time, but he has a kind heart. I like both of them a lot and NeNe made the show. Its all about the drama that raised the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;3237491;

I forgot about that scene but I totally agree.
    What city/radio station was the interview on?
    It was on Power 105.1 in NYC this morning. It may be worth it to check their website to see if they post the interviews. I'd like to hear it when I'm not driving.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread