+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Kandi is a talented songwriter, an pretty decent singer, and she's acquired enough savvy to make lots of money. That's commendable. Amazing really.

But, geez, she suffers from an apparent substandard education (horrid grammar, just horrid), questionable manners, and mostly bad taste in clothing and personal appearance. She tried so hard to have a supersexy wedding dress (ugh to that on a wedding day) but it made her look like a pudgy mermaid clown; so tight it accentuated her worst physical features- fat arms and huge thighs. Yeah, I know we're supposed to think it was supremely elegant, sorry.

I don't understand people who have plenty of money to get educated- intellectually and socially- but choose not to!

The Joyce character is a tool. Mama? Not.
    All this is one reason I find Kandi interesting. On the one hand, she is very "street" for lack of a better word. And Mama Joyce, when she goes on her rants, is even more "street". Bigtime.

But, I think Kandi has good amounts of both IQ and EQ. She was born with a voice, but to turn that little gift into a million dollar empire takes both kinds of intelligence as well as a ton of determination. Kandi has each in spades, I think.

And, while no one will agree with me, I think Mama Joyce is no dummy either. I see a lot of Mama Joyce in Kandi in these ways. Other than the mess with Todd (which has nothing to do with intelligence) Mama Joyce as been pretty spot on in most things.

And her choice of words is telling. She may be "street" and use slang, but her words convey her thoughts and opinions clearly and succinctly (except for where Todd is concerned, of course). Same with Kandi.

The other think about Kandi I find interesting is that things seem to come easy to her. She starts businesses, puts on plays, weddings, etc. in a very effortless and non-stressful way. My humble theory is that people who can do that have clear and sharp minds. Who knows how they would fare on an IQ test, but they have what it takes in other areas.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-16-2014 at 05:19 AM.
    Lizard likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My goodness, but it's been ugly in here. How disappointing. If you really want to talk about bad grammar, you may as well talk about all of current America instead of just looking down your noses at a couple of people.
    buttahfly likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mama Joyce saying that awful remark about Todd's daughter was disgusting. She is a dreadful, evil woman & that Kandi lets her have free reign over her life should have made Todd run for his life. Kandi has no respect whatsoever for Todd's feelings. I don't know if he is only in it for the money - if so, it's not worth putting up with that bitch for the rest of her life.

What remark did Joyce make about Todd's daughter? I remember Todd's daughter was upset and Kandi kept asking Joyce if she had said anything to upset her. But Joyce kept denying she said or did anything. Joyce is such an evil witch.

I never heard Joyce make a negative remark to Todd's daughter. Maybe that hit the cutting room floor. When Joyce denied saying anything, unfortunately, I had to agree with her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    What remark did Joyce make about Todd's daughter? I remember Todd's daughter was upset and Kandi kept asking Joyce if she had said anything to upset her. But Joyce kept denying she said or did anything. Joyce is such an evil witch.
    Here's an exerpt from an article at Reality Tea:
    Todd's daughter Kaela is in town from New York. Kandi is excited to welcome Kaela into her family and considers her a daughter. Visiting Kandi in the hotel room while Kandi, Riley, and Kaela are getting their makeup done, Mama Joyce chooses this time to make snappy comments about how she doesn't like the wedding theme, and that she hopes Kandi remembers she has only ONE girl. Only one girl, meaning Riley. One girl that she better 'take care of' (meaning financially). Did I mention Kaela was sitting right there? Yes, Mama Joyce was talking about Todd's daughter right in front of her.
    The article is here: Kandi's Wedding Recap: All's Well That Ends Well #kandiswedding

#Joyce is nastier than cat poop.
    Punkin and jucamer like this.
    Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

That woman is seriously cracked and Kandi should be woman, wife, mother and step-mother enough to put an end to Joyce's bull***t. Kandi is not ignorant of it and her passivity only encourages it. If Kandi and Todd don't last we all know who will be to blame.
    cavendish, jucamer and Fo'Realz? like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My goodness, but it's been ugly in here. How disappointing. If you really want to talk about bad grammar, you may as well talk about all of current America instead of just looking down your noses at a couple of people.
    As with all things, there are standards, but no black and white....only shades of gray. Grammar is no exception. To recognize where one's skill level is at on the spectrum (and relative to the perceived standard) is merely an observation.
    livin4reality and Prism like this.

I could throw darts at the grammar around here all day long, but I would wear myself out and bore myself to tears, from my place on my throne. Either I understand what is being communicated, or I don't. Maybe it's my lack of exposure that is limiting my understanding. The more I know, the better for me! I guess I get dizzy looking down my nose.

i'm all late w this but felicia is the begging crackhead in friday #byefelicia is how she gets dismissed lol

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why did Kenya keep calling Nene "Felicia"?
    biggbaddgirl and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread