+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 406 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree1392Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalHottie;3234796;
    Sharee took out a loan so she could afford the charade she puts on for the show. She actually has very little money. That $5,000 bag she bought at that boutique? It's BORROWED!

I also found this on the internet is this information true aswell?? Because if it is thats freaking hilarious!

Just because it's on the internet, doesn't mean that it's true. I doubt Bravo would've hired anyone for the show that didn't have sufficient funds to back up their way of life (from what I hear, they were cutting pretty close with the Euro-wannabe's from RHONY.) Yeah, the bag might've been borrowed, but alot of celebrities & wanna-be celebrities borrow items from high-class dealers for events. BTW, isn't it Sheree? The fact that the "source" from the internet can't even spell the name right, makes me inclined to distrust it.

And while the Snow's might have the most money of the five now, that's not going to last long the way she spends it. And Eric's not long for the league anyway.

FORT Newbie

Regarding the eviction of Nene and Greg Leakes, They didn't own this house anyway. This is a rental community that was used for the show and it is true that it is back on the market (check 1765 Silvermere Ct in Duluth, Ga) I doubt very seriously if a successful real estate broker like Greg would have a rental property as their main home anyway. It seems like after the show, they let this rental go and went back home to their real home. Also, as a real estate broker, he would have first dibs on all the foreclosures that are on the market today. I doubt if he would let their finances get so bad as to be without a home.

Does anyone know why Nene and her husband rented a house for the show? I am watching reruns (again) did DeShawn's pastor ever donate or show up to her fundraiser? Also, I think DeShawn has veneers on her teeth, that is why they look weird.

FORT Fogey

Oh the drama. None of the other housewives shows could evoke as much as this bunch. I am really hoping for a 2nd season.

And regarding the use of the word ghetto....hhhmmm....I'm not sure how to say it without getting blacklisted.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've often wondered how many people who use the word know exactly what the word "ghetto" means?

1: a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
    2: a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
    3 a: an isolated group <a geriatric ghetto> b: a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity <the pink-collar ghetto>

ghetto - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

I get the impression that a lot of people assume that there is one particular color/ethnicity to whom this word applies. Whoops! I guess not!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

It seems that ghetto also equals project. Just so it is clear it speaks more about social economical status than race. There are many people living in projects.

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3235171;
    I've often wondered how many people who use the word know exactly what the word "ghetto" means?

1: a quarter of a city in which Jews were formerly required to live
    2: a quarter of a city in which members of a minority group live especially because of social, legal, or economic pressure
    3 a: an isolated group <a geriatric ghetto> b: a situation that resembles a ghetto especially in conferring inferior status or limiting opportunity <the pink-collar ghetto>

ghetto - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

I get the impression that a lot of people assume that there is one particular color/ethnicity to whom this word applies. Whoops! I guess not!
    Thank you.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Newbie

I didnt say it WAS true I said I WONDER if its true. There is a difference.

If they weren't African American, nothing would personify the word "White Trash" better than this group of "Ladies", lol.

Where to begin!! Ok, I am a former member who was driven insane by the Real Housewives of the OC. I avoided the NY set, the show did not keep an interest longer than a second or two....but the Atlanta group - OH MY GOODNESS! I loved this season, and I swear it is endin gmuch too soon!!

I have to give my opinion on the cast:

DeShawn - more power to you and your husband for being millionaires with an estate, applause for making it....but come on, TEACH YOUR KIDS MANNERS. That scene where the youngest one is losing his damn mind during breakfast made me want to slap DeShawn upside her head. The girl has a staff with a cook, make up artist, hair stylist and was looking to hire an estate manager and a personal assistant....um, what the heck for??? Sure, she has a foundation (aka a tax break for her husband, no judgement there,just a fact) yet she can't manage to be a wife and mother without a staff? Puhleaze! I wont even get into her shambles of an attempt at a charity event, or her misguided attempts to not come across as vapid.

NeNe - I definitely like her. I found her drunken song about Kim one of the highlights of the season! A bit too much wine loosened up her tongue, so yeah she is to blame for the fall out she had with Kim and Sheree. But come on, at least she is an honest drunk! She seems to have found a good man in her husband and her 2 sons appeared like good kids. Respectful and loving towards their mom and step dad. She comes across as very real, funny as hell and just an all around good person.So good on you NeNe! You deserve and should have your own show, or at the very least a huge part in Dwight's upcoming series!

Sheree - lord, where do I begin... Yes, she is attractive...perfect? No. No one is. Vain? Goodness YES. Delusional? About as high a caliber a delusional person as her buddy Kim. I love how Sheree thinks she "launched" a fashion line minus doing any actual work or having clothes at her viewing! Viewing! And the boutique she formerly had, who does she think bankrolled that? Um, her ex husband. So no, she hasn't actually done anything on her own as she so proudly likes to declare. Without Bob the ex, she is not a whole lot more than a mother to 2 maybe 3 kids. And she has a cook to feed them, and I'm sure staff to clean up, so she's not much more than someone who enjoys drama and clothing.

Lisa - she and her husband are still newlyweds so are just all around happy folks it seems. I suspect she was the one who told Kim and or Sheree about NeNe's wonderful little tune about looking 89 and not 29....so Lisa may be a bit cattier than she'd like to let on. She does seem ok though, much thriftier than the rest but a decent person none the less.

Kim - truly she is the best thing on this show! Unlike the OC seasons, this isn't really a trainwreck cast (unlike Laurie Wharring and George with their kids, lies of money, etc.) our girl Kim is a wreck! God I love it! She is a kept woman who thinks that somehow, in this day and age of all knowing computer and public records sleuths being able to find out any little thing about anyone at any time - she goes onto a national show with a "secret" boyfriend who wont be found out??? Um, HELLO???? Did she somehow miss the other casts dealing with their dirty laundry being aired??? She is so obviously with a married man who is blind because that can be the only explanation for her horrible weave and claims of being 29 (30 now, but who knows). She is decent looking, so we know that her bedroom skills is what keeps her in the position of not working, while somehow raising 2 daughters. That's the part that upsets me, she allows her kids to see that she is nothing more than someone's mistress who is quite satisfied being a whore for money.

Sad.

God I hope there is a second season!!!

+ Reply to Thread