+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 379 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree987Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I never watched OC, couldn't stand NY (I think I saw 1 1/2 eppys), but these ladies seem like more fun! And they're not botox-ed to the hilt.

Yes the OC housewives are poor compared to these ladies. These ladies do seem to be enjoying their money and I can't wait for oct 7th to see theis show!

The grand dames of Atlanta are politley choking on their afternoon tea cakes over this show.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

FORT Fogey

I like the ladies so far. My only issue is that none seem self-made much less self-sufficient. They are living off their men.

On the OC and NY shows, one or two made their own way...and several had careers equal to their spouses. And some were/are struggling with their heads held high as single moms without decent divorce settlements.

From OC - the insurance and real estate wives, Laurie had it tough before she remarried, and one other whose name I can't recall...
    From NY - the chef and the crazy lady who resold things, the Brooklyn lady whose house was a mess

So far, all we see in Atlanta are a bunch of woman who love to spend their husband's money. Maybe I'll learn otherwise in future episodes, but for now, if that's all there is, I can't get behind them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, I was once told that I didn't really want a man....that I wanted a man's money! The only problem is that I am not willling to sell myself or my soul to get it. Love and money can go hand-in-hand, but I've yet to stumble across both at the same time! Too many strings attached, but I can understand that, too. Let's just hope that they have men who are so crazy about them that they WANT them to spend their money! Only time will tell.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3202437;
    I like the ladies so far. My only issue is that none seem self-made much less self-sufficient. They are living off their men.

On the OC and NY shows, one or two made their own way...and several had careers equal to their spouses. And some were/are struggling with their heads held high as single moms without decent divorce settlements.

From OC - the insurance and real estate wives, Laurie had it tough before she remarried, and one other whose name I can't recall...
    From NY - the chef and the crazy lady who resold things, the Brooklyn lady whose house was a mess

So far, all we see in Atlanta are a bunch of woman who love to spend their husband's money. Maybe I'll learn otherwise in future episodes, but for now, if that's all there is, I can't get behind them.
    Lisa, the one married to the falcon football player is a real estate broker and she just recently married so she has her own money too. The one with Big poppa as her hidden boyfriend is a wannabe singer. I hope she sings better than Jo from the OC.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3205048;
    Lisa, the one married to the falcon football player is a real estate broker and she just recently married so she has her own money too. The one with Big poppa as her hidden boyfriend is a wannabe singer. I hope she sings better than Jo from the OC.
    That wouldn't take much!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A howling wolf would sound better than Jo.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fan

"OOOOOO the way I feee-eeel!"

Nothing more embarrasing that "New Wealth". I didn't think anything could beat SoCal for ostentation but this gated community takes the cake. Did it say whether the gates were to keep the occupants in or the world out? And may I assume that the blonde bimbo who wants to be a country western star is being kept by a married man? Shame on you Bravo for promoting adultery (just kidding, where would we be without a little "Bravo Adultery"?

+ Reply to Thread