+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kandi and Todd should just elope and be done with it, if they want to get married. Joyce is a witch and is determined to make her daughter's life miserable. Unfortunately, I don't see her marriage working out as long as Joyce is alive. Joyce is going to see to that. On the other hand, Kandi can just make up her mind to spend the rest of her life with Joyce. THAT MIGHT BE THE BEST ALTERNATIVE.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Kandi needs to seek professional help in order to start setting healthy personal boundaries with Mama Joyce. There is no shame in that. I don't see much hope for Kandi and Todd's relationship if Kandi continues to allow her mother's inappropriate behavior. Personal boundaries need to be set and adhered to. If Kandi's mom can't play along nicely and act like an adult than Kandi needs to severely limit Mama Joyce's interactions with her family until she comes around. I agree with other posters upthread. Kandi should just dump Todd now and maintain her relationship with her mother. Mama Joyce will not stop meddling until Todd is out of the picture anyway.
    Punkin and MsDiva2007 like this.

I guess Kandi's mom will not be happy until her daughter is manless and alone. smh Mama Joyce and her gangster golden girls.
    jucamer likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Joyce might calm down if she had a man of her own....but I can't imagine any man putting up with her shenanigans. I couldn't believe Kandi's crying and going on on WWHL last night. I don't think she is ready to separate from her mother, and that is sad, but her choice. On Fashion Queens, last night, Miss Lawrence said that Carmon was wrong for talking to Mama Joyce that way because Mama Joyce was an "elder" and deserved the elder respect. While I understand what Miss Lawrence was saying, and agree for the most part, even an elder should not be allowed to get away with being nasty and disrespectful to somebody, just because they are an elder. The "elders" are responsible for setting good examples, and Mama Joyce started all of that trouble.....Mama Joyce AND her deluded posse (her sisters?).

I understand Kandi's wanting a full-blown wedding, if she's never been married before but, sometimes, it's really not worth it. Better to be happy, as opposed to super-stressed.

But, it's also better to know if you are really ready to leave your mother, or not. To thine own self, be true.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I get so sick of the excuse that it's ok for the elderly to talk to people anyway they want because they are old. Respect is something that is earned and throwing shoes at people is not respectful at any age!
    Punkin, bee stung lips and jucamer like this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

When my niece was at about 8 years old, her-paternal GREAT-grandmother's sister made a nasty remark about MY mother, my niece's grandmother (knowingly) in my niece's presence, and my niece went OFF on her! She not only flipped out on the great-grandmother, but she told her that she was just JEALOUS....my mother was a very beautiful woman and, back then, a lot of people would have issues with her looks, making their assumptions. My mother told me about the incident, and said that my niece shouldn't have talked to her Aunt Jackie like that; I came to my niece's defense. I didn't think what my niece did was appropriate, but as I see it, Aunt Jackie was WRONG to make any comments like that in my niece's presence. I think Aunt Jackie got exactly what she deserved. It is wrong to try to take advantage of a child because of your age, and who you THINK you are. Once I explained that to my mother, she had nothing further to say.

What MAMA Joyce doesn't get is she is with the behavior pushing her daughter into Todd's arms. If she would let Kandi live her own life Kandi may well agree with her in the end. I myself get bad vibes from Todd but I would never act that way. Let Kandi learn her own lessons!
    Punkin likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I get so sick of the excuse that it's ok for the elderly to talk to people anyway they want because they are old. Respect is something that is earned and throwing shoes at people is not respectful at any age!
    And that crazy beyotch took her shoe off to throw at Carmen! I don't care how old she & her nasty posse are - they are a disgrace! They all acted like a bunch of geriatric gang jumpers all up in Carmen's face. I give her credit for showing restraint. If after viewing this episode Candi doesn't see what her mother is all about - she is doomed. She is a jealous old woman who wants to control of her daughter. Run Todd run!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jucamer; 12-09-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Punkin likes this.

I agree that Todd should run. Did you notice how Joyce and her posse lied about what had actually transpired with Carmon? I'm sure that Kandi will ignore the lie.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    And that crazy beyotch took her shoe off to throw at Carmen! I don't care how old she & her nasty posse are - they are a disgrace! They all acted like a bunch of geriatric gang jumpers all up in Carmen's face. I give her credit for showing restraint. If after viewing this episode Candi doesn't see what her mother is all about - she is doomed. She is a jealous old woman who wants to control of her daughter. Run Todd run!!!!!!!!
    Yes they did like the aarp mafia. The aunt lied on Carmon too. The woman sat their snd said Carmon jumped up first. Sad
    jucamer likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread