+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1326Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I might have the name wrong. Carmen is Kandi's best friend, the one they were speculating was doing something with Kandi's fiancÚ.

Carmen told Kandi she would have to lose her mother or something like that.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I HATE those bands that go around the head....maybe because I remember the hippie days when it was the thing to do, and I didn't like it then!

It's amazing how much Noelle, Cynthia's daughter, looks like her dad. I was glad when Peter pulled Arthur up short about calling him "Peter". I, too, am not OK with my child's friend calling me by my first name if I have not extended that invitation. I will give them total silence before I acknowledge them!
    Lizard and mayamaisha like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kandi needs to "woman-up" when it comes to her mother....she needs to step out of her little girl shoes and put on her big-girl wear. Her friend, Carmen, was 100% right when she told Kandi that people only do to you what you allow them to do....and Kandi wasn't feeling that. She will never be happy until she becomes true to herself. Kandi's mother seems jealous of Todd.

Kandi has let her get away with acting foolish for much too long. She has got to decide to grow up before Mama Joyce dies.
    Punkin, candor, Moontat and 1 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would have bitchslapped that old woman if it were me! I think someone hit it on the head when they said Momma Joyce is jealous of Todd. Kandi needs to put her momma in her place. Did anyone else catch her say "keep US living in the manner we're accustomed to" when she was talking about the prenup? She's a bigger opportunist than Todd ever could.
    Punkin, Moontat and jucamer like this.

Porsha is trying to return to the womb, and her mother would be just fine with that. Porsha's sister called it right. Porsha really wants to regress to what got her in trouble with Kordell in the first place. Her mother has done her ZERO favors.

GIRL.....GROW UP, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!
    mayamaisha likes this.

Didn't they show on the preview some sort of fight between Kandi and her fiancÚ that was going to the physical? There is such a shortage of good men. I sit at knitting with lady friends my age and older; and we have all been burnt financially and emotionally (and we are not rich people).

The fiancÚ's unwillingness to sign a prenup does give Kandi's mom belief that he wants to use her credibility. And Carmen, the best friend, is on Kandi's payroll also.

So far, I see only one person that for sure loves Kandi there: her mother. But momma did warp the Dianna Ross song words a little. I will have to deduct points for that Otherwise, you go momma. Protect your girl from that dangerous person!!!
    You can do it!

Lol was mom drunk? Why is Kenya still on this show she films with none of the other ladies and she seems more off than usual. I feel like I am watching someone slowly slide into insanity.
    Punkin likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Porsha is trying to return to the womb, and her mother would be just fine with that. Porsha's sister called it right. Porsha really wants to regress to what got her in trouble with Kordell in the first place. Her mother has done her ZERO favors.

GIRL.....GROW UP, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!
    It is true that if you depend on someone to take care of you, you can get disappointed. I think Porsha can take care of herself. I think she could not take care of herself after she married Kordell, because she did not have a job. She told him that she wanted to work. I just think she needs some nurture time. And her mother might need that time with her also.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    You can do it!

I am just not about encouraging dependencies when women are of age and at stages in their lives where they should be living their OWN lives and running their OWN shows. Both of these women are in their 30s.....Porsha is 32, and Kandi is 37. Kandi has more world experience and maturity, but is being made to live a child's guilty life by her mother, who needs to get a life of her own; Kandi even talks like a child when she talks to her mother; she is almost apologetic when she has to talk to her like an adult. I appreciate the respect she shows her mother, but she needs to draw a line with her mother. Her mother is out of order. Porsha has been raised to be dependent, and that's never a good thing for a woman and is nothing of which to be proud. I agree that she needs to WORK and get a true sense of who she is....she just might find somebody in there that she likes. Her mother still wants a baby, and Porsha is more than happy to comply. I think that's a sad situation. I learned that you never feel so good as when you learn to stand on your OWN two feet.
    Punkin, cavendish, Lizard and 3 others like this.

While I do understand where Kandi's mom is coming from, all Kandi has to do is put her old house in her mom's name & set-up a trust to pay her bills if something were to happen to Kandi. I also get mom's concerns with Todd not wanting to sign a pre-nut. Kandi has not had the greatest luck with me.

Porscha dear Lord you are a grown woman so act like one already. She comes off as a spoiled little princess who wants to stay 16 forever. Your sister is right, you can't live with mommy forever, time to put your big girl panties on. Yes I went through a painful divorce & lived with my mom for 3 months until I was able to get him out of my home. Perhaps the princess act grew old with Kordel. Hey I don't know what happend there but, you know, keep the dealings of your marriage between the 2 of you. Don't air it on national TV, it makes you look petty. No I am not a Steeler fan.

Phadera, she got her heir & the spare. I see Apollo as gone.

Like Cynthia meeting her daugher's boyfriend's mom. That was sweet. Peter...sweet mother-of-pearl. IIRC wasn't he going to close that new bar he just opened up??? If so...why or more importantly, how, can you afford a $200,000 Aston Martin?
    Punkin and Lizard like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread