+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1568Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I think that people usually work hard at putting their best foot (feet?) forward and you may not know the real person until you're waaay deep into the relationship. You will know when that mask begins to slip down, if you're not listening closely to what is being said and done and taking it seriously. We can get so blinded and fogged over by love and romance that we will not see the forest for the trees. It's kind of scary, actually. It can be hard to keep our rationality when we seem to have been raised, all our lives, to look for the fairy tale. We need to be raised with the mantra of, "When people tell you who they are, BELIEVE THEM." I know that had I done that, that I wouldn't have made a lot of the bigger decisions that I made.....but then again, maybe I would have?
    Punkin, Lizard and jucamer like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MY dvr must have not been set to record. I missed both the Atlanta and Beverly Hills first show. Just watched Atlanta's.

Portia's mom let out the truth. She said Portia's husband only went to the hospital one day the whole week she was in the hospital when she lost the baby. Maybe cordell was looking for a shield since he is in a he man industry. I felt pain for her mother knowing that her daughter was not really cared for. I think she will be fine.

Cynthia and Peter seem like a nice couple. I hate to see them or anyone go through what the preview looks like tgey will go through.

Kenya looks like she is trying to cause Portia pain with the Are you going to get back together with cordell comments. She's being a jerk.

Nene probabky did not care if Kenya showed up, probably just wanted to create drama
    prhoshay likes this.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    me too. sad crazy. are you saying in your other post that todd went after kandi physically? like to beat her? omg!
    yes thats what I am hearing.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I only saw 1/2 of last week's show.

Kenya--So it does appear she was hitting on Phaedra's husband. I guess I did not want to believe it.

Portia--When you believe someone you were very kind to is being cruel to you, that is what is painful. It looks like preserving his lie is important to him, so he will do that to some other girl.

"Mr. President"--I am so superstitious. I would not be calling my son that. It could add too much pressure; and a person could feel pain from thinking they were disappointing a parent. On the other hand, goals and high bars are in general good; if you do not achieve them, at least you did more than you would have.
    Punkin likes this.
    You can do it!

My heart broke for Porsha last night. She's been trying, so hard, to keep up a front about her marriage with her expectations, and she just crumbled into Kandi's arms. You could hear the actual pain in her voice. This is the problem I have with how females are raised when it comes to marriage. It's just WRONG.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Last night was the 1st time I got the chance to see this show in full.

Nene, not sure what to say there. Hate to say it but I don't think your phone is ringing off the hook with acting jobs. I wish her success but, hey isn't Atlanta a huge mega-center of entertainment so why no calls from Tyler Perry???

I would love to see Kandi happy but if you are having trouble before you get married perhaps she needs to take a big step back. Love can make you blind.

I don't think there is a dang thing going on between Kenya & Apollo. I do think Apollo &...Lordy I forgot her name the lawyer he is married to, I would not be shocked to hear that marriage is on the rocks. It seems her way and only HER way.

Porsha, I get that you are young & hurt (hint:don't marry a much older man) but stop with the sly hints Kordell is gay. I don't believe you. I never heard of anyone being in a hospital for a week after a miscarriage but if you were you were. Why so upset over a ruined wedding dress, not like you would wear it again, don't know why you would want to keep it.

Kenya 50 shades of crazy but she is the one I did like. I don't buy that her former landlord left her wedding dress at the house she was renting.

In summary: a waste of an hour.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

The talk about Kordell was out there waaay before na´ve Porsha came along....and where there's smoke......I'd say don't be stupid. These rumors did not come out of nowhere. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....it ain't a swan.

And, a lot of women are sentimental over their wedding dresses, but it should be THEIR decision what to do with it and when. Personally, mine got slam-dunked into the dumpster!
    Punkin, Lizard, Moontat and 4 others like this.

I burned mine..poof up in smoke along with my wedding album, cut him out of all family pictures. There was no way I wanted any reminder of a bad marriage. Personally don't care who/what/about Kordell's love life. Never was a fan of his. I just got frustrated with Porsha's coy little was he/wasn't he did he/didn't he hit her act. You married him sunshine. I get she is young & hurting but I only watched 1 episode & had enough.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

The fact that he put his hands on her at all is unacceptable. Shaking is abuse; it's just a precursor to hitting, or something similar. She knew that TOO. I hate controlling people like him. She should have knocked his nuts off.
    Punkin and Lizard like this.

I agree, that rumor was out there along time ago, when he played football for the Steelers.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

+ Reply to Thread