+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1478Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Cynthia is a regular contributor on Good Morning America these days. Seems like she shows up every week.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Outward affectations of the "upper class"???? They can be some of the nastiest, ugliest people you can come across! The "nice" is either in you, or it's not; obviously it is in her; it's her choice whether to allow it to surface or not, just as it is with everybody. I think insecurity is a large determining factor, and that knows no "class".
    Oh, yes, that is true... the arrogance of superiority is hard to deal with....though not all people who inhabit the upper reaches - whatever that is, usually money, power, privilege - not all are automatically bad.

What I mean about Nene is that she's learned some reserve, often checks her language and automatic put-downs now but didn't often do so previously; she's copied/learned that some reserve, some quiet, some charity is sometimes the better choice. Sometimes now she responds with facial expressions, not overt eye-rolls necessarily, but she is becoming nuanced rather that out-there.... the times when she's out-there, she's frequently doing it with a humorous twist and she's pretty good at it.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

The best part of the reunion was the facial expressions of Nene & Phaedra and Nenes laughter.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kenya looked certifiable twirling around the stage and talking to herself. I was a fan all season but I agree with the majority now - she is nuts. I still do not like Phaedra and that's a shame because she had been my favorite since she joined the cast. Nene - I love you too - she always cracks me up!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Kenya looked certifiable twirling around the stage and talking to herself.
    Yes! She looked cray cray sitting up there whispering the lyrics of her song
    to herself. What? And the twirling sent me over the top. I couldn't stop laughing. Bless her heart.
    jucamer likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't want anybody to take this the wrong way, but Kenya reminded me of Prissy, in Gone With The Wind when she started soft-singing the lyrics to her song, when Prissy "lost it" when she had been sent to "fetch" the doctor because Miss Melanie was having her baby. Prissy slowly strolled back just singing and mumbling....mentally Gone With The Wind! And Kenya's reference to "twirl, twirl, twirl" is where Kenya's stupid song stems from, isn't it? Kenya claims it is based on Scarlett O'Hara, but I beg to differ!
    Prism likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Cynthia is a regular contributor on Good Morning America these days. Seems like she shows up every week.
    I like Cynthia, and I'm glad she's getting additional work. Peter is another story. Does he still have his bar? Is it doing well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I like Cynthia, and I'm glad she's getting additional work. Peter is another story. Does he still have his bar? Is it doing well?
    Bar one was shown on Love and Hip Hop ATL last week. I was like thats Peter's bar.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Anyone else think that Cynthia got off easy during the reunion? For the life of me I can't remember her saying much of anything at all. Maybe she is the one who needs to go..
    I do. I wanted her to address the nasty comments that she would make about Porsha behind her back.
    Also the way she dragged Porsha for not wanting that meeting to take place in her home.

I understood Pheadra's explanation of the butt dial situation. Her comments wasnt specifically about Cynthia, it could have been Joe Blow that and she would have displa yed the same irritation at that moment.

I understood what Phaedra was saying as well. It wasn't a direct insult aimed at Cynthia personally. You know, I hate to say this, but I don't think Cynthia is all that bright. I'm not saying she's dumb as a rock or anything, but sometimes I wonder about her intellectual capacity.

Most of the ladies seem to never be able to cop to anything they've done and admit they might be wrong. They all make excuses. It isn't just Kim. NeNe is one of the worst. She will never admit that something she's complaining about might be her perception and not reality. I don't ever hear her admit she might have been wrong. She can be funny, definitely has a comedic twist to her persona. I just think her ego is huge. I don't really detest her anymore the way I did, but all of the ladies have changed. It's funny. I used to like Phaedra (sort of) and couldn't stand NeNe. But now Phaedra and NeNe both have new personas, which they have created.

+ Reply to Thread