+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1392Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Wow they were married less than 2 years & it looks like they had a pre nup. I wonder if she came from money because she won't be able to get a decent job anywhere with her smarts......

She is the Granddaughter of Hosea Williams, Civil rights Leader
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think her family has money also so she may be okay. I was not shocked to hear this news at all.

Wow...what a shocker. I guess I'm surprised because we sort of talk about Kordell like he's a potentially abusive control freak, and I thought they usually held on for dear life pretty much. Having been involved with such a person in my own life, that was certainly my experience. He did anything and everything he could to hold onto me even after I left him, and this included stalking me and threatening a male friend of mine. He eventually would get his way and I would go back. But these "breaks" we took eventually led to me being done with the situation completely and actually meaning it when I left for the last time.

I'm not surprised because I thought they had a healthy marriage; more like I find it confusing that although he seemed super controlling of her, he was the one to file for divorce. Hmmm...interesting.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Yes, I read the news of Portia and Kordell earlier today. I saw this coming from a mile away. I read that there wasn't a prenup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How can one have a healthy marriage when one partner seeks to control the other with spoken/unspoken threats? When you're dealing with an "old school" man, that's often how it is.

Run, run, run!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    How can one have a healthy marriage when one partner seeks to control the other with spoken/unspoken threats? When you're dealing with an "old school" man, that's often how it is.

Run, run, run!

Yes, yes, I agree. I have a friend who was engaged to and now has actually married one of those "I'm old school and old fashioned, so the relationship should work like this" types and it was hell watching them go through the engagement and it's even worse now since they are actually married. He controls everything, and I do mean everything because he feels like he's supposed to. Mind you, she was a very independent woman and to now see what she is transforming into for her new hubby is downright sickening.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hopefully, she will wake up....or HE will?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maybe the phrasing was awkward, but yeah I was saying they didn't have a healthy marriage. It only surprises me that he is the one filing, if he's the control freak.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    Yes, yes, I agree. I have a friend who was engaged to and now has actually married one of those "I'm old school and old fashioned, so the relationship should work like this" types and it was hell watching them go through the engagement and it's even worse now since they are actually married. He controls everything, and I do mean everything because he feels like he's supposed to. Mind you, she was a very independent woman and to now see what she is transforming into for her new hubby is downright sickening.
    That's very sad. I hate to see this happen to any woman. Especially one who was very independent. Sometimes I guess the desperation to have a man, any man, in their lives has sunk many a free woman.
    bee stung lips and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread