+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1369Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I missed the part where she said she expected Kenya to work for free. I was just under the impression that she wasn't giving Kenya as much as she wanted. And Kenya went out and did a bunch of work before there was an agreement, and then expected an excessive amount.
    I'm glad you said that, because I thought it was just me. I need to go back and watch the episode again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    IMO I thought this was a Pitch from Kenya to gain a contract from Phaedra. Kenya doesn't or shouldn't get paid for her Pitch only after they agree to sign her to a contract.
    That is what I thought too. I do not remember her thinking Kenya would work for free. I think Kenya is a snake in the grass. But I don't think that Phaedra expected Kenya to work for free. I think Kenya did that work all on her own. Like Phaedra said about Kenya being presumptious (sp). Then she tries to divide and conquer and go thru Apollo...underhanded
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

I didn't think Phaedra wanted Kenya to work for free but (from what we saw anyway) there was no other negotiation & Kenya seemed to be the one who had the idea for the video. And what about Pheadra putting out a casting call without even telling Cynthia or negotiating her fee? Phaedra is a business woman and knows better - I think she was trying to get over on both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I didn't think Phaedra wanted Kenya to work for free but (from what we saw anyway) there was no other negotiation & Kenya seemed to be the one who had the idea for the video. And what about Pheadra putting out a casting call without even telling Cynthia or negotiating her fee? Phaedra is a business woman and knows better - I think she was trying to get over on both of them.
    According to Phaedra, she was told by Kenya that she had made arrangements with Cynthia. Based on the episode Kenya had taken a lot of liberties w/o first talking to Phaedra. I am not necessarily a Phaedra fan but Kenya has shown not to be the most honest person. She is the one running around campaigning against Phaedra to Phaedra's "frieds". IMO
    buttahfly likes this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    According to Phaedra, she was told by Kenya that she had made arrangements with Cynthia. Based on the episode Kenya had taken a lot of liberties w/o first talking to Phaedra. I am not necessarily a Phaedra fan but Kenya has shown not to be the most honest person. She is the one running around campaigning against Phaedra to Phaedra's "frieds". IMO
    I am not really a Kenya fan - I have liked Phaedra from the start but this season they traded the old Phaedra for some low budget sheister Fakedra. Cynthia said she did not talk about money with Phaedra and I guess I'll believe her

I know she is not on the show anymore, but I just saw Kim's husband totally miss a tackle.
    MsDiva2007 and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I know she is not on the show anymore, but I just saw Kim's husband totally miss a tackle.
    He's probably got his mind full of paying all the bills she is racking up,lol
    jucamer likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It looked to me like both Phaedra and Kenya got caught up in what their relationship looked like through the Bravo lens. They both wanted to pump it up a bit and went too far. Even though outside the lens they had an actual agreement, they became entangled in Bravo Drama, and couldn't back off some of it. Now they're left with a public altercation that neither of them intended.

Kenya very much needs the Bravo gig - probably it's how she gets most of her living expenses paid, and she very much needs the ego boost. Phaedra's having fun with the Bravo gig, and doesn't want lack of drama to get her booted (pardon the pun, but it was sitting there; oh that's another pun).
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After rewatching the episode, NOTHING was said about Kenya doing Phaedra's and Apollo's video for free. From what I saw, that was some nonsense that Kenya started spreading. It was not truth-based.

When Phaedra's attorney was "leaving" their meeting, planning to talk with Phaedra later depending on what was talked about between she and Kenya, I was surprised when he never actually left, but went into another room and listened to their conversation. That seemed shady. Makes it understandable why people hate attornerys.

Heard, the other day, that Kandie (sp?) and her Toddie are actually engaged now. He seems like a good guy to me.
    mayamaisha and jucamer like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK, regarding Kenya's Stallion Booty video. She just referred to herself as a Stallion and I am wondering if she realizes that a stallion has a penis.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and mayamaisha like this.

+ Reply to Thread