+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1392Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Ah, no, I was not challenging you - just wondering if you had a link! I'm so nuts I actually read the trashy websites like TMZ - I am intrigued by this whole RH thing, how odd these people are and all the money Bravo throws at the shows. They must be money makers! I cannot imagine Kroy wanting to pony up for that gig, but bet it was one helluva party!
    Kroy doesn't make the kind of money required to Pony up 7 figures. He is a low on the totem pole football player. He is not going to ever make enough money to keep up with kim'sspending. Kroy's salary last year was $500k look it up.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Bravo has to be footing the bill for the wedding - or at least a big chunk of it. I don't think either Kim or Kroy - or Kim and Kroy together - have the funds to put on a million dollar wedding. And even if they did, there really isn't any incentive for them to do the show - and in such a lavish and costly way - unless they get something out of the deal, e.g. a free wedding, a guaranteed spot on next season's RH, etc. SOMETHING.

This show is big bucks for Bravo. If it isn't paying for the wedding, it should be.

It just occurred to me that if Kroy only makes $500k, then Kim is not marrying him for his money. She even said on the reunion show that she made more money than he did last year. I do believe they are in love and happy. The key will be that they develop something to carry them after RH and after footbal. Both seem to get this point so I am not at all worried. They will do fine.

I'm really glad for them and I think all the other housewives can now see that at the core, Kim isn't the gold digger everyone thought her to be. I think/hope she's redeemed herself with them. I would love it if NeNe and Kim became friends again. They might actually get along really, really well at this juncture of their lives. Both are riding new and satisfying waves - and waves which take them in healthy and happy directions.

Poor Sheree and Cynthia. These two I worry about.

Oh, and Kim being a racist is the stupidest thing the other wives have ever said or implied. She has friends and employees of both races all over the place. That is one thing I've always liked about her. I do believe she is completely color blind.

The whole thing with Sweetie is that Kim is so color blind, she doesn't think about how some of the things she says can be construed in a negative light. Black, white, purple, or polka dot...if she likes you you are in. If not, forget about it. Color is not the issue.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-06-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Bravo has to be footing the bill for the wedding - or at least a big chunk of it. I don't think either Kim or Kroy - or Kim and Kroy together - have the funds to put on a million dollar wedding. And even if they did, there really isn't any incentive for them to do the show - and in such a lavish and costly way - unless they get something out of the deal, e.g. a free wedding, a guaranteed spot on next season's RH, etc. SOMETHING.

This show is big bucks for Bravo. If it isn't paying for the wedding, it should be.

It just occurred to me that if Kroy only makes $500k, then Kim is not marrying him for his money. She even said on the reunion show that she made more money than he did last year. I do believe they are in love and happy. The key will be that they develop something to carry them after RH and after footbal. Both seem to get this point so I am not at all worried. They will do fine.

I'm really glad for them and I think all the other housewives can now see that at the core, Kim isn't the gold digger everyone thought her to be. I think/hope she's redeemed herself with them. I would love it if NeNe and Kim became friends again. They might actually get along really, really well at this juncture of their lives. Both are riding new and satisfying waves - and waves which take them in healthy and happy directions.

Poor Sheree and Cynthia. These two I worry about.

Oh, and Kim being a racist is the stupidest thing the other wives have ever said or implied. She has friends and employees of both races all over the place. That is one thing I've always liked about her. I do believe she is completely color blind.

The whole thing with Sweetie is that Kim is so color blind, she doesn't think about how some of the things she says can be construed in a negative light. Black, white, purple, or polka dot...if she likes you you are in. If not, forget about it. Color is not the issue.
    Absolutely agree with your entire post. I like Kim. She's one of favourites of them all. I was totally on her side when she was falsely accused of being a racist. And I love that she appears happy with Kroy and the little family unit they've built together. I'm sure it makes Nene all the more jealous of her. As the saying goes, success is the best revenge.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Absolutely agree with your entire post. I like Kim. She's one of favourites of them all. I was totally on her side when she was falsely accused of being a racist. And I love that she appears happy with Kroy and the little family unit they've built together. I'm sure it makes Nene all the more jealous of her. As the saying goes, success is the best revenge.
    I wasn't sure about Kim for a long time, but seeing her with Kroy has made me be firmly in her camp. She really did want to find love, I think, and love/family are her version of success.

You all are right there is no way Kim is a gold digger she is poor at it. Kroy made $500k last year and is slated to make $1.1 Mill this year so yeah he is fools gold. I don't think Kim is a racist, I just find her to be an Idiot. I do not like her treatment of sweetie. Kim is dull for the simple fact she can be read like a book. a bad book.I pity Kroy once she spends his money up in those fugly wigs she will be gone and he will be stuck for life paying for all those kids because apparently was asleep during the rookie symposium they have every year for the players to watch out for groupies and others trying to get with them for being ballers.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

sure wish I made enough that I could talk about someone's $500K salary like it was not enough to support a family
    mom2, Jexter and mayamaisha like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    sure wish I made enough that I could talk about someone's $500K salary like it was not enough to support a family
    For someone like Kim its not enough to keep her in ugly handbags, too small clothes and fugly wigs. To the average person with a job and a true ability to handle their own money it is obviously enough to afford a family. For a flake like Kim when you to that $1.1 mill minus out taxes,agents,etc it is not near enough to keep them in that house that by the way is still listed for sale.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Glad to hear Nene's show was picked up by NBC for the fall season!!
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It doesn't sound like anything I will be interested in, but I will check it out. I hope it improves her, perceived, snootiness.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Glad to hear Nene's show was picked up by NBC for the fall season!!
    What show? And does this mean she won't be back next season? I read that Kim is back and that Sheree won't be back. Haven't heard about any of the others.
    Prism likes this.

+ Reply to Thread