+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1478Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger View Post
    I don't think the show will be the same without Kim, not that any of these women really represent Atlanta's "housewives" but Kim is now the closest to that title of "housewife". I just hope they never let Phaedra go, she just makes my day! I love her and her son is the cutest boy I have ever seen (next to mine!).
    I so agree with you on Pheadra, and for that matter, on Kim.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Kim is just so completely fake and totally has zero chemistry with Kroy. Unless you count the chemistry she has with the little bit of money he makes that is. Kim can go bye bye and I would not blink and eyelid.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I think this season made it pretty clear that it's time for some of the wives to move on - Sheree, Kim, and NeNe. Oh, and Cythia too. She is the biggest loser of the bunch in my mind.

In my dream world, Kim and NeNe would become friends again. They clearly like and enjoy each other's company. They always clicked and it's sad they had to lose that. I find it ironic that both have really gone on to bigger and better things in their real lives too. Satisfying things. Neither seems interested in the show anymore and for me, it's time they move on. Perhaps when they settle into their new lives, they can look back, realize how foolish they've been and reconcile on a mature and meaningful level. I think each is genuinely happy for the success the other has found - Kim with Kroy and NeNe with acting.

I know I'm probably the only one on the planet, but I really like Sheree. She is just a woman trying to build wealth in the only way she knows how. Unfortunately for her, beyond marrying it, she doen't have a clue how to do it on her own. She has not been able to leverage her time on the show into something substantive and I think she might be better off without it so she can face reality and figure something out that will last.

Oh, and my personal belief is that I could care less if a woman marries for money or pimps herself for money. Neither is ideal, of couse, but if that's the only way a person knows how to make a living, then I just can't get down on them. Not everyone is born with business savvy or good common sense. At the end of the day, we are all just trying to get through it all in the ways we know how.

The women on this show squabble more than the others about materialistic items. As I see it, none came from wealth and they are just clinging to what they have now as a result. I can't blame them.
    Last edited by Jexter; 04-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am so sick of Kim in her "nipple dresses". No class, there.

Knowing that Sheree had been fired on her trip to the reunion show, you could really see her pain written all over her face. It was kind of sad. Nobody else on those couches looked anywhere as close to misery as she did. Wonder if she's still content with the idea of not going after her ex-husband for her children's child support. I've just never understood that kind of thinking. She should have nailed his ass to a cross a long time ago.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

While I enjoy reading the recaps on this board I can not watch this show anymore. Personally I have less problem with a woman who sells sex toys than one who is a sex toy for money.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am so sick of Kim in her "nipple dresses". No class, there.

Knowing that Sheree had been fired on her trip to the reunion show, you could really see her pain written all over her face. It was kind of sad. Nobody else on those couches looked anywhere as close to misery as she did. Wonder if she's still content with the idea of not going after her ex-husband for her children's child support. I've just never understood that kind of thinking. She should have nailed his ass to a cross a long time ago.
    Sheree was fired? I didn't know that!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Sheree was fired? I didn't know that!

Really??? I don't watch & I knew that. It was all over MSN last week. I just wish the entire ATL crew was recast.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

From what I heard, there was crying, boo-hooing, pleading and begging going on in the office after she was told she was out. Sounds like she is "up a creek without a paddle."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Really??? I don't watch & I knew that. It was all over MSN last week. I just wish the entire ATL crew was recast.
    I read that she quit. I suppose it depends on who you ask. It would surprise me if she walked away so I suppose it makes more sense that she was fired. Either way, it might be the best thing for her. I feel sadness and concern for Sheree more than anything. She really does need to get something going for herself beyond the show and I don't think she has the ability to do it on her own.

Sidenote: It kills me how the women on these shows think they are permanent fixtures. Women like these are a dime a dozen and therefore have little negotiating power. Same concept with Idol. Kids proclaim that their lives are forever changed once they reach Hollywood week! I can barely remember most of each season's top ten!

One article I read made it seem like NeNe said she would not continue on the show if Kim and Sheree were a part of it, another article said NeNe was asking for more money and they needed to get the money from somewhere, so they cut Sheree. Not sure if Kim will really be back or not, sources differ on that opinion. And the articles Ive read werent exactly the washington post- so who knows what is or isnt true yet.

After last night I like Kandi even more. The sex toy thing doesnt bother me, at least she has the balls to talk about that out in the open. I dont care for the Talls any more than I already did either (I didnt think much of them to begin with). I am team Small, minus Sheree. Like they showed last night, she is a common denominator in a lot of "issues".
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread