+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1406Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Atlanta has had a few weeks when they didn't have a new episode. Superbowl Sunday, Christmas Day, I think they have been off for a couple of episodes for Award Shows. And according to Bravo's website, Atlanta didn't start until the first part of november, whereas Beverly Hills started in September. You may just be sicker of this cast than you are of RHBH
    Last edited by Rockytop Chick; 02-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Who would have ever though that Nene Leakes would ever NOT be the loudest, thugiest (word?) on an Atlanta trip? Marlo needs to be dumped on her trashy butt asap.

Loved the safari, but if I were Cynthia, I would have jumped ship to the smalls' jeep asap to get away from idiots on parade.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I've been away for two weeks and still haven't caught up with all my shows that I recorded. I noticed that RHA episodes are the last of them and I don't think I'm all that interested in watching. I tried tonight and started viewing one - where the girls are going to South Africa and just found myself so annoyed with some of them.
    In the beginning I really disliked Phaedra but no longer...she seems to be the only one with brains, common sense and manners.
    When viewing their hotel suite, why did Nene keep her sunglasses on when it was night time?? Perhaps she was afraid she'd be mobbed by papparazi because she's so special and famous?????
    Kandi seems to be a genuinely nice person but not the brightest bulb in the pack. Sheree has been keeping a much quieter profile this year. Cynthia is absolutely gorgeous but not very smart.
    I think we all feel the same about Nene, so I won't need to add anything here.
    Now for Marla.... I think she's a man...or once was.
    Many reasons for that way of thinking, including an instinctual feeling. And it's not just because she's big....Nene is a big woman and I never think that about her.
    I really don't care if she is or isn't but I'll just put her in the same catagory of unknowns, like Wendy Williams.
    We'll never know and that's ok. I don't think they need to disclose it, just like I feel about gay people. Their private lives are just that....private and nobody's business.

just finished watching the last episode, and I always say I won't watch another...and then I do. I must be an addict to Real Housewives and can't help myself.
    I was astonished (again and again and again) at how crass and ridiculous some of these women are. Thank goodness, I don't know any women who would participate in such an argument between Marlo (Marla?) and Sheree. I really couldn't believe my ears!
    Then we have women, on a safari, wearing fancy clothes and high, high heels. Who does that??!! I could understand if you're so caught up in the "designer" clothes thing that you just have to wear them but find some appropriate ones..like designer jeans, tops and jackets. Many designers make comfortable walking shoes. I would have felt so horrible and uncomfortable wearing all that stuff with those adorable little kids who have nothing.
    Of course, maybe the person who needs the most help is me for continuing to watch.

FORT Fogey

The Atlanta housewives have lost steam. The mojo has changed - esp. for the most controversial housewives - Kim and Nene.

With Kim settling down and NeNe changing direction a bit, it's all just off. They don't seem to have the energy for this anymore. I adore Kandi and Phaedra, but they aren't the type to be loud and obnoxious (thank goodnes for that, though!) and without Nene and Kim causing problems for them to respond to, they don't bring much drama. Same with Sheree (did she win against her husband for child support?)

Cynthia, for me, is the biggest snooze fest of them all. I'd rather see her sister on the show than her. At least she has half a brain. Ouch. I'm' being far too mean tonight. And Peter is just to crass for me to watch. What a ....rhymes with stick.

Anyway, I actually really like the each of them, but the show is off. I'll still watch though because of my appreciation for the women themselves (most of them....Phaera is pehaps my favorite housewife of all seasons and franchises...I ADORE her. She'd be one I'd like to know and hang out with in real life).

I wish this show would go away. I used to like their brand of drama, but it's just boring. Kim is still tacky. Kandi is still boring with her wonky hands. Cynthia is still boring as plain wallpaper. Sheree is still a lying wannabe. Nene is still a loud wannabe superstar. And Marlo is just plain hoodrat. I'm so sick of her and want her to never ever be on my tv screen. How tacky was she wearing disco pants on a dang safari? Actually, a couple of them weren't dressed appropriately. I mean really. At least try to act like you have some tact.

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    Kandi is still boring with her wonky hands.
    Wonky hands??? I must have missed seeing that. I'll look next time but until then, what's up with her hands?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm glad you said something! I actually read that as "wonky words"! I must have gotten too much sleep last night!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like the series. Cynthia lookedrather glamorous. Phaedra is fun.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    You can do it!

I don't know about anyone here but Marlo is starting to get on my last nerve. She is LOUD and crass..no wonder she and NeNe get along so well.

To start: She is invited on a trip, without actually being asked by the hostess, and then chastises Phaedra because she wasn't given a memento of the trip.
    She then goes on the trip with a wardrobe that consists of inappropriate clothing and unacceptable shoes for a safari, all the while complaining about having to actually partake in the safari (lol, wearing those tacky disco pants and hooker shoes). But the best part was when she had the nerve to demand make-up and hair people while at the animal reserve.

Oh, and let's not forget when the hoodrat in her was let loose while fighting with Sheree...Who does this wannabe think she is?

+ Reply to Thread