+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1489Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    All these women run around in heels like they are sneakers. I wish I could do that. My wimpy feet won't let me. Painful
    Lol I run around Vegas in Stilettos with no problems. I get a backache when I wear flats.lol
    KocktailKat likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They were saying that wearing the heels all of the time shortens your calf muscles. I remember a girlfriend of mine who worked as a receptionist and always wore heels talk about how much her legs hurt when she didn't. The heels mess with your anatomy in more ways than one.

I think Mizrahi said that the high heels are on the way out, that kitten heels are making a comeback. I didn't realize that not all kitten heels are not little....some are actually midsized. News to me, but I spent my entire worklife in a uniform, too! I am not a fashion hog, anyway. Can't wait to see if the women follow that lower-heeled trend.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Oboy do I agree with you. At yoga, women are constantly trying to uncurl their gnarled toes, pulling out and trying to stretch hammertoes, flexing around those huge bunion things. Then they slip into their super-high heels and hobble away.

Stilleto heels are a big deal on all the RH shows- so we're looking at women who are in pain much of the time. Hey, no wonder they're snarling at one another They're miserable. Fortunately the platform stilleto is nearing the end of its fashion life; IMHO it's a homely look. Off the foot those gleaming, sparkly, sleek stilletos look quite grand, huh... but oh how miserable they must be! The clip Andy plays of NeNe hobbling from a car to a doorway - that back and forth clip he keeps showing - especially ridiculous!!

Oh, but look, I'm snarling at the RHs all the time, and my feet are snuggy and comfortable all the time! Have to laugh!
    IMO, these shoes are just glorified platform shoes from the 60's with a new name. Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. I see women walking around in them and its rare that I see someone walking normally. It is easy to tell they are uncomfortable. IJS The shoes are beautiful but definitely not good for the body. I would wear them if all I had to do was walk from the car to a very comfortable chair and then repeat backwards.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

The thing about Nene: She thinks she has the world by the tail and is in charge. Little does she know her 15 minutes is just about up. That is how stupid she is.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Her 15 minutes is not over until someone stops paying her. So since Glee has come calling I doubt Nene is going anywhere soon but to the bank to deposit.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha View Post
    IMO, these shoes are just glorified platform shoes from the 60's with a new name. Been there, done that, and got the t-shirt. I see women walking around in them and its rare that I see someone walking normally. It is easy to tell they are uncomfortable. IJS The shoes are beautiful but definitely not good for the body. I would wear them if all I had to do was walk from the car to a very comfortable chair and then repeat backwards.
    When I see these ladies dressed to the nines and wearing their 6+ inch heals (even with a platform sole)...watching them walk reminds me of the old Chinese tradition of binding to keep them from growing - so that when they were adults their feet looked tiny in their wrappings but they were in so much pain they couldn't walk - they were carried everywhere they went. And even trying to unbind them after so many years was so painful, many couldn't do it. As these Beverly Hills (and OC) women hobble along, I can't help but think about that.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

If my books ever sell (and they won't) and I'm in front of a "step-and-repeat"....you'll see me wearing Crocs. Yep - Comfort is King, and I don't care who doesn't like it.

Maybe that's some of the "wisdom" that's supposed to come with age. Or "senility". Whatever, as long as my dogs are happy
    mom2 and mayamaisha like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I wear heels like some women wear Tennis shoes they are comfy to me and I enjoy how they look. I have no foot issues and I keep my feet well manicured with Pedi's regularly. I could spend a day In Marlo's closet between the shoes and the purses. I am a well dressed woman and I enjoy watching others with good fashion sense.lol
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    If my books ever sell (and they won't) and I'm in front of a "step-and-repeat"....you'll see me wearing Crocs. Yep - Comfort is King, and I don't care who doesn't like it.

Maybe that's some of the "wisdom" that's supposed to come with age. Or "senility". Whatever, as long as my dogs are happy
    I am with you......comfort trumps just about everything.
    Prism likes this.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I would pray that these women remain in South Africa, but South Africans have suffered enough. Perhaps their next vacation could be in Iran.
    Punkin, rcurrytoo and KocktailKat like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread