+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1328Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kim eating a bagel on her way to deliver? With suspected pre-eclampsia? Have things changed that much in the 18 years since I've been in a L/D room?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I did a Google search of Bar One. From the reviews I read apparently Bar One has a time limit a customer can sit at their table. A restaurant has to make so X amount/table/day in order to be profitable. I have never had a resturant tell me that I was taking too long to finish my meal.

If Bar One is not allowing customers to linger over coffee & dessert this is probably a good sign the restaurant is struggling to make money.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I'm so curious about where Sheree gets her money. I mean, to be building the kind of house she's building, one would need lots of money, no? What is her "job"? I know she has that clothing line but I got the feeling it didn't go anywhere/ I'm so curious.
    I heard that it is Sheree's mother who has put up the money for the new house.

Nene and her "date" John. He was so creepy...and so was she. It came across totally fake.

I don't think Cynthia and Peter are going to last.

FORT Fan

I always wondered whether Phaedra wears skin-tight suits and clown makeup in court. Judging by tonight's preview, she knows how to clean herself up for court. She looks fantastic in her french twist, earth-tone makeup and Sarah Palin glasses. It's definitely a make-under that improves her appearance.

I hope someone tells Phaedra that she looks gorgeous when less makeup is more. Her usual lipstick and eyeshadow drives me bananas!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't know that Bar One was a restaurant. I thought it was just a club with beverages. I must not be paying close enough attention.

I don't see Cynthia and Peter lasting, either. I think she likes the idea/fantasy of being married, but the reality is, sometimes, its just too real! She seems like she's willing to "settle", just to be able to say that she is married.

About Kim (I find her whining azz hard to tolerate) and the bagel...I thought that she was counting on just being on the way to the doctor for evaluation, but she DID pack her bags, didn't she? That is strange for a, supposed, nurse. Maybe I am out of the loop, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I also dont see Peter and Cynthia lasting, but I hope they surprise me.
    I think when Phaedra is all "dolled up" for her interviews her make up makes her eyes look like she is high, I too liked her daytime look.
    Im sorry but I had to change the channel during the NeNe date, I sensed she really wasnt that interested anyway but didnt want to hurt any future "financial opportunities"
    I used to not be able to tolerate Kim, but I think Kroy has helped even her out a bit. I was also a little iffy about him at first but have grown to like him. I got the impression that Kim wasnt sure they were going to send her to the hospital, that they may just send her home, she was packing her bags just in case the Dr sent them to the hospital.
    mom2 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She also made sure she had her wig and her wighead with her. She is just gross! Him, I like and wish well.

I had to roll my eyes when the nurse asked if she smoked and she said, "No." That should have been "No," with an explanation of her pre-pregnancy addiction; her doctor shoud be aware of that, anyway, if she's been truthful. Gross, gross, gross.

And, why does a nurse call her son's penis a "wee-wee" or a "pee-pee"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I do not believe Phaedra was outsmarted by Sheree's ex ... that's all the court is for some people, a way to keep things going for years and years and never own up to anything. How could she be outsmarted when she wasn't given the full story by her own client??

Tired and disgusted by the Kandi sex toys storyline, tired of Nene altogether, and of Cynthia and Peter as well. Ship them all off to NYC where Cynthia can be happy at least.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Kim eating a bagel on her way to deliver? With suspected pre-eclampsia? Have things changed that much in the 18 years since I've been in a L/D room?
    Having just had a new grandson (4 mos), w/the exact same type of going to the hospital w/plans to induce birth, pre-emclampsia also, she shouldn't have been eating. My daughter wasn't even allowed clear liquids altho I snuck her some ice chips.
    And in the next scene in the car, Kim told Kroy to stop talking and let her eat her doughnut...but it sure looked like a bagel.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady View Post
    I always wondered whether Phaedra wears skin-tight suits and clown makeup in court. Judging by tonight's preview, she knows how to clean herself up for court. She looks fantastic in her french twist, earth-tone makeup and Sarah Palin glasses. It's definitely a make-under that improves her appearance.
    I, too, was impressed with Phadra's apparence in court. I now can believe in her abilities in being an attorney. Although I must say, I had those glasses years before Sarah Palin had them. They are definitely great looking specs!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    Nene and her "date" John. He was so creepy...and so was she. It came across totally fake.
    He was definitely creepy and maybe it's just me, but what the heck does he see in NeNe?? I don't get it at all. I see nothing attractive about her.

I have doubted that this marriage between Cynthia and Peter will last since they got married...actually, even before they got married. It's really sad to me that someone who has so much going for her, chooses a controlling disagreeable man.

Whoa new episode last night, and then a supersized epi on Sunday. Anyone catching these?

Sherre goes to court. Kim comes home with the baby. Kandee reveals TMI on her show. Not too much Nene (YES) or Cynthia.

One thing about Kim's daughters..they look so much like her. The oldest especially has a whole copy mom vibe going. I just don't like that. I have always wanted my kids to be completely different from me-to discover their own pathways in life and that is what they are doing. And Kim is so much in your face/tacky about the things she talks about...her boobs/her sons peepee etc. It sounds as if she got some of that from her own Dad.
    Last edited by livin4reality; 12-14-2011 at 07:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread