+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I have never liked Peter. He's got control issues.

Phaedra's and Apollo's son has already learned how to play one of them off against the other.
    mom2 and Prism like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Nice to see Skim portrayed as a fairly rational human - is it possible Kroy can lift her up permanently? So fortunate he makes big money. Baby shower was beautiful, her girls love her; that's lucky considering how she's lived. And how she must have been brought up. Her father seems like a huge slime-bucket; amazing she had any chance at all to become a decent adult.

Sha Ray is nauseating, sorry Jex, but I'm seeing nothing but a coarse, gnarly, dishonest street woman. An 8,000 sq ft house that she'll never pay for, probably cannot afford to have the electricity turned on. She's just a dirty joke.

Still laughing at Fakedra, she says the most gross, coarse things, with that big wide smile. And that little boy of hers is such a doll. Hope she doesn't really beat him like she says.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have never liked Peter. He's got control issues.
    And he is dumb, dumb, dumb. Not just ignorant - dumb. What he doesnt know about successful relationships would fill a good sized tome. He couldn't pull together a grammatically correct sentence if you paid him - and he needs the money.
    Jexter likes this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Sha Ray is nauseating, sorry Jex, but I'm seeing nothing but a coarse, gnarly, dishonest street woman. An 8,000 sq ft house that she'll never pay for, probably cannot afford to have the electricity turned on. She's just a dirty joke.
    Yeah. I'm a fool sometimes....I'm going to remain optimistic about her for now, though. Maybe the better word is "hopeful".

Would have preferred to see more of a baby theme in the baby shower. Duh Winning.

Cock fight. All brains out the window. You looking at me.
    You can do it!

I'm still catching up w/recorded episodes of RHofA. Contrary to a lot of people here at FORT, I find these women to be so crass, ignorant, tacky, tasteless and generally disgusting. Probably the least viewable of all the Housewives.
    And yet, I still watch. No excuse for me because I used to watch Hoarders also. I guess I'm fascinated by the unbelievable. Shame on me but I can't quit them.

A few questions:
    Why does Nene think she's super-weathy now? Enough to afford an $8M house?
    Why did Phaedra decide to own a funeral home when she has such a good career as an attorney?
    Why does Kroy, who seems so nice and normal, find Kim so attractive...and I don't mean just in looks.
    Why did Kandi get those extensions? She looked so adorable with her short hair...now she looks like everybody else.
    Does Sheree's ex not see his children very much? When she took her son to buy shoes, she intimated that he doesn't.
    Why is someone as beautiful as Cynthia so insecure that she would marry such a controlling troll as Peter? She doesn't seem to understand how truly lovely she is and I don't mean just her looks either...she speaks so well, seems intelligent and educated.

Dragonlady questions
    Nene--she has not seen that amount of money before; it maybe lottery syndrome; if it came too easy you do not retain it
    Phaedra--I do not know; it is the saddest thing in the world; the one where we do not have the answers. Maybe she is seeing it as a sense of community, very loving. You need to be careful around attorneys. They might not be too predictable.
    Kandi--I kind of like them.
    Sherre--I think I was half watching that; what stood out to me was that she was pointing out his shyness. A lot of guys are like that as teens. Go figure. I was not cute at all but extra social.
    Cynthia--she might like the control. Maybe her mother was controlling..mom hid the marriage license....more guts than me. (suck if that was playing to the cameras)

Peter--on the positive side he might not be as portrayed like he is on camera; if this was not tv people would really be weighing whether they're invite him back....do we like Cynthia that much? Can we write on the invitation that she should leave Peter at home.
    Last edited by Lizard; 11-21-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    You can do it!

FORT Fogey

As someone posted above, there are a lot of parallels between Jill vs. Bethany and NeNe vs. Kim.

Jill's bitterness and jealousy got the better of her and Bethany waltzed her way straight to the bank. Meanwhile, Jill is nowhere to be seen and she isn't missed much.

I see the same happening with NeNe and Kim. Kim won't created a million-dollar empire the way Bethany did, but she could do ok with her wig line and other things and will be in a better place than NeNe.

And, NeNe, like Jill, is far too abrasive to do anything beyond the housewive's shows. Only small doses will do and that's not much to cling to in tv land.

I hope someone tells her this so she can adjust herself accordingly before she crasshes and burns (assuming it's not too late already).
    AmyKay likes this.

FORT Fogey

I have watched this show off and on. I have a question. Kim clearly wears a wig. Why? Is her real hair very thin? Have you ever seen it? It is way too big!

What a bunch of angry people, yowza. Sounds like NeNe thinks 1 million makes you rich. It does not, not by a long shot. I doubt she has more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm not an avid viewer, but watch at times. Have they ever shown Kim's Big Daddy and has his identity ever been released?
    Big Poppa is Lee Najjar. He's in commercial real estate in Atlanta.
    Kocktail Kat

+ Reply to Thread