+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 407 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree1402Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I like how Sheree keeps saying how a true friend is/would/should support you no matter what... but I noticed that Kim isn't there to support NeNe regarding her dad situation.

Next week, I'm going to start a drinking game, every time I have to hear these phrases, I'm taking a shot (thinks to self: my poor liver): she's fake, I'm real, I have class, I'm classy, I don't want that drama, Kim to Sheree: you're so beautiful! (btw, does anyone else notice how often Kim has said that to her?? Maybe her 'poppa' is Kim )

Even though NeNe was a bit rotten last night, I still like her!

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Are we sure it was DeShawn who told Sheree about NeNe's song? I just assumed Lisa told Sheree who then told Kim (whew I'm dizzy). NeNe is under the impression that DeShawn would never do such a thing.

NeNe's comment about Kim's obviously fake wig was hilarious.

Lisa is a go-getter and all but it seems like all of her scenes involve her looking or pretending to be shocked by something. I also feel like her friendship with Sheree is a little forced. It's always- You're so beautiful! Hey Diva! It seems like people feel they have to kiss Sheree's backside for some reason. Sheree's personality is so dull.

Kim's singing is just ridiculous not to mention all the smoking.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Fan

For the most part, I'm amused by Kim. But the whole wannabe country music singer thing really gets on my last nerve.

"I don't need to know the ABC's of music, I'm a singer" I didn't understand that phrase. You think you don't need to know about scales, keys, tempo? Especially in a genre where a lot of the singers play instruments as well. Going along with this is the eyeroll that she gave when Jan was trying to teach her about posture and how to breathe properly. It was like she thought she was too good to be doing that. Even if she wasn't totally tone deaf, she'd have no power.

The Dallas Austin thing-I'm sure he's a very good producer, but there are HUGE differences in pop/rap and country. He doesn't know the kind of songs that would sell, what a country song sounds like, how to pitch a singer to the Nashville labels, etc. If she was really serious about a country career, she'd go to Nashville and try to find a producer there. Of course, she'd get the door slammed in her face because Big Poppa doesn't have any hold over them...

I think she believes that she can make it in country music because she's under the impression that country is easier than pop. Because as much as she talks about loving her black friends, the way she dresses/acts, everything about her makes me think that musically, she'd be more comfortable in the pop genre.

But as for easier? I've got a friend who's a country singer and after 15+ years, he's just now to the point where he made his first video this past June. I guarantee you, Kim would never put in the work he does, on or offstage. Certainly with as much as she smokes and as rough as her voice is, she'd never be able to match the 3 hours he sang at his last show that I went to.

With Nene last night, she knew perfectly well that her song was intentionally mean spirited. I don't buy her "'it was all in good fun' argument. She was upset about the way Kim was treating her and it came out when she was drunk. Felt so bad for her husband, he was absolutely mortified.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3228910;
    Kim is no better IMO. She cannot sing. Drinking and driving? In denial about her smoking...and not only is it ruining her voice, but her skin too.
    I think they were drinking wine in the lingerie shop and then when Nene arrived, Kim brought the wine to the car and drank it there. How irresponsible of Bravo to allow her to drive after that huge glass of wine. She is tiny so it doesn't take much for her blood alcohol level to reach the driving limit. I can't figure Kim out, she can't sing, she hides her boyfriend, I think she lies about her age, I just can't figure her out. You would think there would be more information on her out on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lakergirl1;3229186;
    Are we sure it was DeShawn who told Sheree about NeNe's song? I just assumed Lisa told Sheree who then told Kim (whew I'm dizzy). NeNe is under the impression that DeShawn would never do such a thing.
    You could be right since it was never mentioned but I think it was DeShawn. DeShawn really makes herself look pretty stupid, doesn't she? It's kind of sad how she wants to be something she never will be.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003;3229161;
    I like how Sheree keeps saying how a true friend is/would/should support you no matter what... but I noticed that Kim isn't there to support NeNe regarding her dad situation.

Next week, I'm going to start a drinking game, every time I have to hear these phrases, I'm taking a shot (thinks to self: my poor liver): she's fake, I'm real, I have class, I'm classy, I don't want that drama, Kim to Sheree: you're so beautiful! (btw, does anyone else notice how often Kim has said that to her?? Maybe her 'poppa' is Kim )

Even though NeNe was a bit rotten last night, I still like her!
    Add "hater" and "jealous" to that list.
    You'll probably have alcohol poisoning by the end of the show.

Gosh, these ladies have more drama than a group of 15 year old high school girls. There's too much jealousy and back stabbing. And does Kim really think she can sing? Its a joke! And what's up with her Sugar Poppa?

If you take a shot each time one of them butchers the English language, You'll need an intervention.
    CYA

FORT Newbie

On Tuesday's episode, while Kim is getting botox, they're discussing Sheree's skin and what not. Once the doctor/derm is done with Kim, they say something about Sheree giving some more thought to getting some in her under eye area. Then they jump to a shot of them saying their farewells and the doctor tells Sheree something like "Oh you don't need botox; you're perfect". I was like WTF? A doctor/derm wouldn't say that to a prospective patient/client because her goal should be to get more people to come in to get botox or some other work.

However, I know that the doctor was probably instructed by Sheree or Kim to say this in front of the camera as one more way to stroke Sheree's ego. She probably agreed because by participating in this episode, she's getting tons of publicity. Still, it was a lame attempt at convincing the audience that Sheree is "perfect".

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3229209;
    For the most part, I'm amused by Kim. But the whole wannabe country music singer thing really gets on my last nerve.

"I don't need to know the ABC's of music, I'm a singer" I didn't understand that phrase. You think you don't need to know about scales, keys, tempo? Especially in a genre where a lot of the singers play instruments as well. Going along with this is the eyeroll that she gave when Jan was trying to teach her about posture and how to breathe properly. It was like she thought she was too good to be doing that. Even if she wasn't totally tone deaf, she'd have no power.

The Dallas Austin thing-I'm sure he's a very good producer, but there are HUGE differences in pop/rap and country. He doesn't know the kind of songs that would sell, what a country song sounds like, how to pitch a singer to the Nashville labels, etc. If she was really serious about a country career, she'd go to Nashville and try to find a producer there. Of course, she'd get the door slammed in her face because Big Poppa doesn't have any hold over them...

I think she believes that she can make it in country music because she's under the impression that country is easier than pop. Because as much as she talks about loving her black friends, the way she dresses/acts, everything about her makes me think that musically, she'd be more comfortable in the pop genre.

But as for easier? I've got a friend who's a country singer and after 15+ years, he's just now to the point where he made his first video this past June. I guarantee you, Kim would never put in the work he does, on or offstage. Certainly with as much as she smokes and as rough as her voice is, she'd never be able to match the 3 hours he sang at his last show that I went to.

With Nene last night, she knew perfectly well that her song was intentionally mean spirited. I don't buy her "'it was all in good fun' argument. She was upset about the way Kim was treating her and it came out when she was drunk. Felt so bad for her husband, he was absolutely mortified.
    I was thinking the same thing about Kim. She doesn't look like she would fit in country genre at all. She's more like a Pop tart!

FORT Fan

I knew from Day 1 that Kim couldn't sing. Noticed how they kept her voice a secret for four damn episodes? They wanted her lack of singing ability to be a SURPRISE! I'm glad they worked up anticipation for Kim's voice, because I laughed so hard the second she belted!

I laughed even harder when Sheree said Kim had talent.

+ Reply to Thread