+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1390Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Racist people come in all colors.
    And, yes, that means they can be "racist" to people who are the same color as they are.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

Part 2 tonight!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Tonight's part 2 of the reunion left me feeling sorry for all of them. None seem really happy with their life but I'm sure they have convinced themselves that all is fine.
    None are happy about the father situation that their children have had to deal with. (even though Cynthia has a better ex than the rest)
    Kim seemed so pathetic with her ugly wig (didn't they used to look better? Now they all look fake and in need of a shampoo) and I just can't see that she's overjoyed at having a baby.

Sheree hasn't a clue what to do with her life and can't find a decent man. Kandi loves her music and her daughter but still seems like there's something missing. Nene thinks she's all that and she's not. She can claim to be a lady but as soon as she opens her mouth, we know she's not.

Phaedra's doing the best impersonation of a lady but that's about it. She wiggled and squirmed all over the place about the discussion regarding her baby's due date and convinced no one with her answers. It's obvious she was trying to hide something. No matter how large her vocabulary is, or how many degrees she has, she still comes off like someone trying to hard to be something they're not.
    Then there is poor beautiful Cynthia, who overlooks and dismisses all the nagging thoughts she has about what a loser she picked for a husband. They won't last. Anybody can see that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It looks like Phaedra is going to turn into her mother....which many of us often do. We usually parent the way that we were parented. She seemed OK with not discussing sex with her mother...pretending that it didn't exist. I was surprised that she admitted that she "may have been" 1-1.5 months pregnant when she married. I'm guessing that they (Phaedra and her mother) definitely won't be discussing that either. Sad relationship.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think I only saw 1 or 1 1/2 epis this season, but I did watch last night's reunion.
    Phaedra seemed pretty subdued - very different from what she displayed when I did watch this season.
    NeNe has gotten such a huge ego, hasn't she?
    She was unduly harsh on KIm, IMO.

Interesting on Andy's show, that the final vote question was who did you like better? Kim or NeNe after the 2nd reunion?
    Kim was better liked. No surprise there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Just dropping in to say these women are too outrageous for words.

And, the only difference between them and the other wives is the color of their skin and a bit of cash. Same human elements at play.

I love the Atlanta ladies. I hope the show comes back and that it digs deaper into racial issues. What an opportunity for Bravo to redeem itself for having overdone the franchise. I still say bring back Washington DC and make it more political. I might actually watch it then.
    Last edited by Jexter; 02-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.

I thought part 2 was boring. Andy kept rehashing the same old boring drama-rama's. Still, I like this group and can't wait for them to be on again.

Jex --- Bravo redeem itself ??? Not while they're busy rolling buckets of cash up to the vault. Andy clearly loves how RHs trash themselves, and I suspect Bravo's gonna keep 'em coming until we all turn into KeHelly from NY and start chanting Stooopppp Stooooppp Stop!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

When Andy asked whether NeNe or Skim was better liked, I thought he asked the wrong question. IMHO he should have asked if anyone could stomach either of them.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I love the Atlanta ladies. I hope the show comes back and that it digs deaper into racial issues. What an opportunity for Bravo to redeem itself for having overdone the franchise. I still say bring back Washington DC and make it more political. I might actually watch it then.
    Is there a question whether RHDC are coming back? I hope so. I liked them...well, not "them" but the drama. Even though I found the Salahi's hard to stomach, I still liked all the scandals.

I doubt Bravo is brave enough to dig deeper into racial issues. They like to just stir up the surface a little but not go deep.
    What it does show me is that it doesn't matter what color people are, they still deal with all the same things.

+ Reply to Thread