+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1406Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

  1. #2421
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    Okay, I have to watch the first part of the reunion again, because she made no indication that she wasn't there when he said those words to Sweetie. Now in no way is Kim responsible for this grown man and what comes out of his mouth, but it should help her to recognize that she needs to tone down the way she speaks. Again, I don't think she's a racist, but she's doing herself no favors with the way she jokes around.

    Dragonlady-I agree with what you said regarding the way Derek J. was joking with her. I believe that she brings it on herself. When you joke around that way sometimes people will do the same to you, and it becomes a vicious cycle. She just needs to mature-period. Something about her certainly reads as a person who is trying very hard to be twenty-something again. Those days are gone, she needs to understand that and let them go.

    I'm not team Nene or team Kim. Honestly, I wouldn't mind both of them moving on and bringing in some new housewives. It's just not the type of drama that I enjoy seeing. Besides, they are both full of themselves. Enough is enough. Those two are making me miss Lisa and Deshawn and that takes a lot! Lisa was never a favorite and Deshawn was about as interesting as watching an ice cube form, however, I'd gladly trade Nene and Kim for those two at this point.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  2. #2422
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    711

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4195134;
    I'm guessing Big Poppa isn't very big, but his money IS. I think he's from another country that has a lot of melanin in their skin....maybe Middle East? Just because people are dark-skinned doesn't mean that they are African-American which, in this country, we identify as "black".
    I saw a show, once, where a guy said he was not an "n-word", that he was Nigerian(?). People, evidently, identify the "n-word" with being African-American and, based on our history, I get that. Can't help but wonder if that derogatory classification is unique to the USA.
    Name is Lee Najar, not sure of nationality, but wife's name is Kim also. Not sure how big his money is now, as Phaedra said some of his property in Georgia was in foreclosure.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

  3. #2423
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    711

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4195028;
    I can't wait to see what Donald Trump does to her
    I think he's going to love her. Just his ratings style, just like Oomarosa (sp). NeNe will fall right into the ratings trap. JMHO
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

  4. #2424
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    181

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    It's fascinating that Big Poppa isn't big (weight, that is -- grin) at all and that he is Arab.
    Trust Me!

  5. #2425
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,001

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4195527;
    I think he's going to love her. Just his ratings style, just like Oomarosa (sp). NeNe will fall right into the ratings trap. JMHO
    Apparently Nene & Star Jones didn't get along on Apprentice. Nene was on Wendy Williams last week & said she didn't think much of Star but did not wish to elaborate however she did say she wouldn't spit on Star Jones if she were on fire. Only saw this at the end so I can't say for sure what else was said.

  6. #2426
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,669

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Apparently Nene & Star Jones didn't get along on Apprentice. Nene was on Wendy Williams last week & said she didn't think much of Star but did not wish to elaborate however she did say she wouldn't spit on Star Jones if she were on fire. Only saw this at the end so I can't say for sure what else was said.


    Yeah she was yelling at Star on one of the previews. I don't care for that fake one either...

  7. #2427
    FORT Fogey Prism's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm guessing Big Poppa isn't very big, but his money IS. I think he's from another country that has a lot of melanin in their skin....maybe Middle East? Just because people are dark-skinned doesn't mean that they are African-American which, in this country, we identify as "black".
    I saw a show, once, where a guy said he was not an "n-word", that he was Nigerian(?). People, evidently, identify the "n-word" with being African-American and, based on our history, I get that. Can't help but wonder if that derogatory classification is unique to the USA.
    Is Kim Zolciak’s ex Big Poppa in foreclosure, broke? Lee Najjar’s Union City mall closed : starcasm.net
    There's quite a bit on the internet about Najar being broke. Maybe that's why Skim finally cut herself loose?
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

    Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

  8. #2428
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    I didn't mean to sound like I was Team-Kim because I see Kim and Nene both as losers when it comes to proper behavior.
    They each have extremely inflated egos and there's just not room for both of them on that show. I just meant I wasn't in a rush to accuse Kim of being racist because I honestly don't see that in her.
    I see stupidity.
    I see crassness.
    I see greed.
    I see narcissism, etc etc etc.
    To me, all that is on one shallow level of humanity that I can tolerate.
    Being racist takes a person down into a more evil level, that I can't tolerate,at least in my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    [url=http://starcasm.net/archives/77415]Is Kim Zolciak’s ex Big Poppa in foreclosure, broke? url]
    There's quite a bit on the internet about Najar being broke. Maybe that's why Skim finally cut herself loose?
    Sure, he's in forclosure and broke. How was he supposed to support all that Kim wanted for her lifestyle and at the same time, give as much and more to his wife??

    Mrs. Big Poppa isn't ignorant or illiterate. She had to know what was going on and for as long as it still worked for her needs, she stuck around.
    Living in a $25 million dollar house and all that goes with that is sometimes enough for some women.
    And apparently, not having that money anymore was enough for Kim to dump him.

  9. #2429
    FORT Fogey KeepItReal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,488

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    I got your point and ITA, BTW. I don't like attaching the racist label to anyone because it's easy to give but hard to get rid of, if you know what I mean. I'm just a firm believer that she needs to tone down her act 1000%. I'm not sure she sees it, but I hope that she does.

    I don't know if it's because Nene and Kim are driving me bonkers or because Sheree is doing damage control but I liked her a lot more this season. Hope she keeps it up.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

    -Unknown Author-

  10. #2430
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

    he's not black, but it is possible for a blk person to be racist against other blk ppl.

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Isn't big Poppa black? If so he can't be racist against his own but he could be an idiot

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.