+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1361Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4192888;
    Well I would miss this show, but not NeNe. NeNe is so full of herself. I don't even think she is playing a role. She is big, loud and obnoxious. What morals, according to Bravo boards, she met Greg while on a stripper pole, and he was married to someone else, separated, but still legally married. I question his also.

I could care less if she and Kim remained friends, but I loved how Phaedra quietly, but firmly put NeNe in her place. All that you know me, know of me, called me, b.s. NeNe is lying through her teeth.

Fell in love with Phaedra, coo-coo Phaedra, and intelligent, articulate Phaedra. Kandi, not much to say, she just needs a stylist, hair stylist in particular. Cynthia, the jury is still out about that marriage, maybe it is love, since she had a chance to marry Russell Simmons (don't know all the back story), Sheree, full of herself, she does look good, she's a jack of all trades, but she still looks like the transvestite to me. Very little story there. everything she touches gets snatched away. Kim, I could care less if I ever see her again, but I'd rather see her than NeNe. Of course I don't like the way they showed her speaking to Sweetie, but I don't think she's racist. Big Poppa, a whole different story. Kim didn't protest too much about the black B comment.

Maybe time to add some new or additional faces, but please don't take Phaedra away!

Isn't big Poppa black? If so he can't be racist against his own but he could be an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4192888;
    Well I would miss this show, but not NeNe. NeNe is so full of herself. I don't even think she is playing a role. She is big, loud and obnoxious. What morals, according to Bravo boards, she met Greg while on a stripper pole, and he was married to someone else, separated, but still legally married. I question his also.

I could care less if she and Kim remained friends, but I loved how Phaedra quietly, but firmly put NeNe in her place. All that you know me, know of me, called me, b.s. NeNe is lying through her teeth.

Fell in love with Phaedra, coo-coo Phaedra, and intelligent, articulate Phaedra. Kandi, not much to say, she just needs a stylist, hair stylist in particular. Cynthia, the jury is still out about that marriage, maybe it is love, since she had a chance to marry Russell Simmons (don't know all the back story), Sheree, full of herself, she does look good, she's a jack of all trades, but she still looks like the transvestite to me. Very little story there. everything she touches gets snatched away. Kim, I could care less if I ever see her again, but I'd rather see her than NeNe. Of course I don't like the way they showed her speaking to Sweetie, but I don't think she's racist. Big Poppa, a whole different story. Kim didn't protest too much about the black B comment.

Maybe time to add some new or additional faces, but please don't take Phaedra away!

Isn't Big Poppa black? If so he can't be racist against his own but he could be an idiot

FORT Fanatic

Fooled you, Big Poppa is not black, and from pics, not very big!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4194928;
    Fooled you, Big Poppa is not black, and from pics, not very big!
    Really?? I could have sworn I saw pictures of him and he was black. Oh well if he isn't and he said that about sweetie I guess he is a racist!

Ah, poor NeNe. She's plenty loud and offensive, but I do feel sorry for her. Came from nothing, has nothing, trying to be something, not getting anything worth having. Her life is a shambles, and even her Bravo gig might be on the line.

Why oh why can't women like her get a grip, get a college degree, excel at something, rise above their past? She's spent enough on shoes to get a four year degree, and she's still a lowlife. Sheeshh....
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I can't wait to see what Donald Trump does to her

Oh Prism, you are my hero! You took the exact thought right out of my brain!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing Big Poppa isn't very big, but his money IS. I think he's from another country that has a lot of melanin in their skin....maybe Middle East? Just because people are dark-skinned doesn't mean that they are African-American which, in this country, we identify as "black".
    I saw a show, once, where a guy said he was not an "n-word", that he was Nigerian(?). People, evidently, identify the "n-word" with being African-American and, based on our history, I get that. Can't help but wonder if that derogatory classification is unique to the USA.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4194084;
    I don't know, I see this entire thing in a different light now that I've heard what Big Poppa had to say and Kim's reaction to it on the reunion show. It all leads me to believe that the women had heard the story and were up in arms about it before the argument. None of them looked shocked when Nene revealed and Sheree confirmed what Big Poppa had said. This leads me to believe that some of that "you can't say some things to a black woman" conversation may have been based on a lot more than Kim throwing the "B' word around. A man calling her a "B" would have been bad enough. That man calling her a "black B" would have been fighting words in a lot of circles whether it was directed at another one of the women or not.

I don't agree with the use of the word "slave". I don't believe that Nene's motives were to make this big statement about race relations. I do believe that Nene has a way of carrying a bug up her butt about something that bothers her for quite a while and for her to release that bug at a totally unrelated time. She's done it a million times with "Tardy for the Party". This happened to be a time when the "Tardy for the Party" drama (being on the tour bus and watching her perform) met the "race relations" drama (listening to Kim's type of "love" and "humor" to her "good friend" in closed quaters) leading to an ultimate showdown.

I agree with a lot you've said here except: we don't really know if Kim ever said anything to Big Poppa about him calling her a Black B___ch or if she said anything at the reunion. It could have been edited/deleted.

As to Nene bringing in the "slave" word, maybe she didn't start out making it about race but has no sense of how far to take her anger. I think it just escalated and after she said it, realized how much drama could be realized from it. Race is a hot button topic now and if you want to really stick it to someone, using that is a sure way to get hate directed at someone, even if it's not truth. Nene is not above fighting dirty and underhanded.
    We don't know that Kim was ok with Big Poppa saying what he said. I could see her doing either one. I don't think she sees race so she might have not liked it and said so but on the other hand, Kim's not exactly a moral person in many ways so maybe she just didn't care and said nothing. But with Bravo's editing, we'll never know.

I still don't think it's right to make any inferences indicating negative words about anyone's race. And that includes laughing about white people going barefoot, or sitting on a plantation.

I seem to be defending Kim but I'm really just saying there are things that should never be said negatively to any person regarding their race.
    To me, the plantation remark was hugely insulting to Kim who was doing nothing but sitting and having an ice tea with her assistant. She wasn't even acting in her usual rude way.

This is Big Poppa

Lee Najjar Picture | Reality Tea

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady;4195330;
    I agree with a lot you've said here except: we don't really know if Kim ever said anything to Big Poppa about him calling her a Black B___ch or if she said anything at the reunion. It could have been edited/deleted.
    Kim recently Tweeted that she wasn't even there that day.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 02-16-2011 at 03:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread