+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom;4192049;
    Pissed? She's ridiculous. She's become so self-absorbed it's over the top. I can't believe she'd have anyone advising her it's a good idea to act this way. I can hardly watch her. Kim is a saint compared to Nene's actions.

"There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I don't know. I'm going to give NeNe the benefit of the doubt for a bit. She's always had good morals - from the very beginning. Her manners and social skills are another story.

And, I think she has had a really tough year. She's gone through a lot and it certainly showed in other areas of her life. I think she may be a little frightened or anxious about the next stage of her life. She really doesn't have much beyond the show and she knows it.

I find it very sad her friendship with Kim has deteriorated. It was clear during the beginning of S1 that these two were pretty close. Even this season...Kim was there to help NeNe post-surgery. When the cameras are done rolling, maybe these two will have a shot at being friends again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Their friendship seems to come and go, but I'm not so sure about it, this time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Well I would miss this show, but not NeNe. NeNe is so full of herself. I don't even think she is playing a role. She is big, loud and obnoxious. What morals, according to Bravo boards, she met Greg while on a stripper pole, and he was married to someone else, separated, but still legally married. I question his also.

I could care less if she and Kim remained friends, but I loved how Phaedra quietly, but firmly put NeNe in her place. All that you know me, know of me, called me, b.s. NeNe is lying through her teeth.

Fell in love with Phaedra, coo-coo Phaedra, and intelligent, articulate Phaedra. Kandi, not much to say, she just needs a stylist, hair stylist in particular. Cynthia, the jury is still out about that marriage, maybe it is love, since she had a chance to marry Russell Simmons (don't know all the back story), Sheree, full of herself, she does look good, she's a jack of all trades, but she still looks like the transvestite to me. Very little story there. everything she touches gets snatched away. Kim, I could care less if I ever see her again, but I'd rather see her than NeNe. Of course I don't like the way they showed her speaking to Sweetie, but I don't think she's racist. Big Poppa, a whole different story. Kim didn't protest too much about the black B comment.

Maybe time to add some new or additional faces, but please don't take Phaedra away!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I completely agree with every word Chitex. If I never see NeNe again, it will be way too soon. I also think Phaedra looked adorable when she was singing along to Kim and Kandi's songs at their concert. I saw her in a completely different light.

I think I may be taking my life in my hands here due to a hot button topic but I want to say it anyway.

I am bothered by the whole premise for the argument between Nene and Kim.
    To me, Nene using the "slave" word put the whole discussion in a different light.
    Nene could definitely express her dislike of the manner that Kim speaks to Sweetie but why make it about race?

If she had been truly disturbed only about Kim's manner to her employee, it could have been expressed without bringing in race/slavery. Even though Nene wants us all to believe she was just standing up against verbal abuse at another person, she knew what she was doing and she was hitting below the belt, by making it about race.

Actually, everyone involved with that discussion bothered me, from the quote "there's just some things you don't say to a black woman" to the remark about Kim sitting on her plantation, drinking her ice tea. There was no need for that remark. That was completely racist. Kim is a lot of things but racist is not one of them and anyone who knows her shouldn't even allude to that fact. It's totally unfair.

In this case, it appears that someone can be accused of being racist only because of the color of her (Kim) skin, because nothing about her actions were about race. Kim could and would be rude and demeaning to anyone, white, black, green or whatever. She was outnumbered in this scenario and everyone jumped on the racist bus where it didn't apply.

A big deal was made of accusing Kim of being racist but apparently Phaedra can make a decidedly demeaning remark about white people's food choices and her husband and it's entirely explained away by saying "that's what he says."

I just don't get it.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 02-15-2011 at 03:16 AM.

I caught the last 10 or so minutes of the reunion. I heard NeNe say that she had heard Kim speak badly to and about Sweetie on many occassions but never said anythuing, That was all I needed to hear. She created drama for TV.....it wasn't about speaking up for Sweetie, it was all about creating drama at any cost. I hate her and would have made her leave the Miami house, even tho Kim said the producers wouldn't let her.

I dunno about any of this anymore. I used to really enjoy RHWOC when it was Jeana, Vicky, Laurie & Jo. Then "fame" got to their heads and all of a sudden all these other RHW series spun off each nastier that the next. It was great seeing their homes & watching them shopping. Jimmy Choo's....sigh!

At first many of these "ladies" had sincere friendships but all of a sudden they got this brillant notion that the more outrageous they act they received more attention in the press & online. I forgot who said they didn't know about the negative statements being posted about them online. Oh please give me a freakin break. If all of a sudden a "real housewife" needs a manager & an agent they full well know there is someone on their staff devoted to checking each & every place their name is mentioned.

The interesting thing is the friendships are shot to heck, the homes are in foreclosure, the cars repoed, they are in bankruptcy & the clothes, shoes & purses were "loaners".

Now if I want my Michael Kors or Zac Posen fix I go to ebay & have a $50 limit on any item. I didn't watch the D.C. gang & probably won't be catching New York. New Jersey...don't know yet. I will try Miami & OC for a bit. If BH hires of Heidi & Spencer Pratt I will stop for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady;4193636;
    I think I may be taking my life in my hands here due to a hot button topic but I want to say it anyway.

I am bothered by the whole premise for the argument between Nene and Kim.
    To me, Nene using the "slave" word put the whole discussion in a different light.
    Nene could definitely express her dislike of the manner that Kim speaks to Sweetie but why make it about race?

If she had been truly disturbed only about Kim's manner to her employee, it could have been expressed without bringing in race/slavery. Even though Nene wants us all to believe she was just standing up against verbal abuse at another person, she knew what she was doing and she was hitting below the belt, by making it about race.

Actually, everyone involved with that discussion bothered me, from the quote "there's just some things you don't say to a black woman" to the remark about Kim sitting on her plantation, drinking her ice tea. There was no need for that remark. That was completely racist. Kim is a lot of things but racist is not one of them and anyone who knows her shouldn't even allude to that fact. It's totally unfair.

In this case, it appears that someone can be accused of being racist only because of the color of her (Kim) skin, because nothing about her actions were about race. Kim could and would be rude and demeaning to anyone, white, black, green or whatever. She was outnumbered in this scenario and everyone jumped on the racist bus where it didn't apply.

A big deal was made of accusing Kim of being racist but apparently Phaedra can make a decidedly demeaning remark about white people's food choices and her husband and it's entirely explained away by saying "that's what he says."

I just don't get it.
    I don't know, I see this entire thing in a different light now that I've heard what Big Poppa had to say and Kim's reaction to it on the reunion show. It all leads me to believe that the women had heard the story and were up in arms about it before the argument. None of them looked shocked when Nene revealed and Sheree confirmed what Big Poppa had said. This leads me to believe that some of that "you can't say some things to a black woman" conversation may have been based on a lot more than Kim throwing the "B' word around. A man calling her a "B" would have been bad enough. That man calling her a "black B" would have been fighting words in a lot of circles whether it was directed at another one of the women or not.

I don't agree with the use of the word "slave". I don't believe that Nene's motives were to make this big statement about race relations. I do believe that Nene has a way of carrying a bug up her butt about something that bothers her for quite a while and for her to release that bug at a totally unrelated time. She's done it a million times with "Tardy for the Party". This happened to be a time when the "Tardy for the Party" drama (being on the tour bus and watching her perform) met the "race relations" drama (listening to Kim's type of "love" and "humor" to her "good friend" in closed quaters) leading to an ultimate showdown.

I've moved on from Nene. She's abrasive and full of herself. I've now moved on to Kim, who I feel is racially insensitive in her reaction to hearing this man call her "friend" a "black B". Sweetie has a severe problem if that was okay with her. Severe. Do I think Kim is a racist? No. Do I think she's an idiot? Yup, and so is Sweetie.

I don't like to see the race card being played. Derek J, who is her dear friend and hairdresser, made the plantation comment. He also made the comment about white people going barefoot. She seems very comfortable with that type of humor. Maybe Sweetie is as well. Maybe these are the types of friends she chooses. Maybe she should realize that a lot of people DON'T feel comfortable with it. Maybe she should grow up and cut it the hell out. Maybe they all should realize that everyone around you doesn't have to feel comfortable witnessing that crap. I wouldn't, and I would have spoken to her in private about it, as it seems Kandi tried to do. Made no difference to Kim, but at least it seems she went about it the right way.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4192888;
    Well I would miss this show, but not NeNe. NeNe is so full of herself. I don't even think she is playing a role. She is big, loud and obnoxious. What morals, according to Bravo boards, she met Greg while on a stripper pole, and he was married to someone else, separated, but still legally married. I question his also.

I could care less if she and Kim remained friends, but I loved how Phaedra quietly, but firmly put NeNe in her place. All that you know me, know of me, called me, b.s. NeNe is lying through her teeth.

Fell in love with Phaedra, coo-coo Phaedra, and intelligent, articulate Phaedra. Kandi, not much to say, she just needs a stylist, hair stylist in particular. Cynthia, the jury is still out about that marriage, maybe it is love, since she had a chance to marry Russell Simmons (don't know all the back story), Sheree, full of herself, she does look good, she's a jack of all trades, but she still looks like the transvestite to me. Very little story there. everything she touches gets snatched away. Kim, I could care less if I ever see her again, but I'd rather see her than NeNe. Of course I don't like the way they showed her speaking to Sweetie, but I don't think she's racist. Big Poppa, a whole different story. Kim didn't protest too much about the black B comment.

Maybe time to add some new or additional faces, but please don't take Phaedra away!

Isn't big Poppa black? If so he can't be racist against his own but he could be an idiot

+ Reply to Thread