+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2141Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

You and me, both! Looking back I, too, now see that there were many signs that I should not have done it. Ever since then, I have listened closely to my inner voice, and when I didn't, I've ALWAYS been sorry. Some people just are not cut out for marriage, and I know myself to be one of them. No denial, here!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Okay, I'll bite. I remember my dad asking me before we walked down the aisle, are you sure? (my ex was an athlete) The year 1979, separated 1996, and divorced in 2004.

If I knew then what I knew now! But it was a heck of a wedding and divorce, and three great daughters! He's now a close friend, just should have stayed that way.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Divorce is just such a hideous animal. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is to be avoidable, if possible.....of course, it may not be possible. Marriages are just so much easier to get into than to get out of. Having not been through a divorce, Cynthia does not have any idea what she may be in for. Better to be a "run away bride".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I guess i just thought Cynthia's comment was odd (backed with all the other things leading up to it) is b/c i'm getting married in August. Planning is stressful, but i'm happy. I love my guy and feel really free and loved with and by him. I'm nervous about the wedding ceremony b/c I HATE being the center of attention, but i'm happy to be starting my life with my fiancee. I guess my feelings are if I felt the way she did and was so very unhappy at the thought of not being able to depend or communicate with him it would be a huge red flag in my life......Anyways that's just based on where I am in life right now; i'm not presuming to know everything.....I hope Cynthia and Peter can make it through.

mina, you have my best wishes! Nothing but the good! It definitely works for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4178419;
    mina, you have my best wishes! Nothing but the good! It definitely works for some people.
    Thank you so much!

FORT Fanatic

You'll be fine Mina, just don't wear a shirt with "You Big Dummy"! Too me that was such an obvious sign, and there was a reason she wore that shirt. She could have selected any shirt, I think there was hidden message, for the audience for things to come in the future.

Best Wishes!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by mina;4177574;
    Well, it still made me sad for Cynthia. She's not 22 and didn't seem happy at all to marry Peter herself. she seemed much happier about the dress. I don't understand if you are saying my feelings aren't valid to feel when watching this? But it's what I felt.
    I felt sad also watching her go through with the wedding. Everyone, including her most inner self, knew it was the wrong choice.
    I really got the feeling that she was doing it to prove that she wasn't a run-away bride or someone who couldn't commit. Maybe she thought actually doing it would be the more mature thing to do.
    What a shame that she has to waste some years on a doomed (I think) marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4178365;
    Divorce is just such a hideous animal. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is to be avoidable, if possible.....of course, it may not be possible. Marriages are just so much easier to get into than to get out of. Having not been through a divorce, Cynthia does not have any idea what she may be in for. Better to be a "run away bride".
    I agree with you there. That was the worst 2 years of my life even though it was the best decision I made.

FORT Fanatic

NeNe was on Wendy, said her divorce is pending, Greg just moved out this week, Cynthia is one of her close friends, and she and Peter are very happy. Talked about celebrity apprentice, dogged Star Jones, and LaToya Jackson, but said she and LaToya are friends now.

Kim had said NeNe would be back, as they have a contract, NeNe told Wendy, contracts are broken all the time, and we shall see. Wendy asked NeNe why she was so mean this season, NeNe said she was just keeping it real. SMH
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread