+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1407Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4172295;
    Cynthia's wedding was the saddest wedding I ever saw. Her dress looked like it was stranguling her and she didn't even pick it out, her wedding planner/stylist did. Her Mom and sister were going to sabotage the wedding by hiding the marriage license, Peter shows up drunk. No rings. And they got married in front of a huge dinosaur(?).
    I was disappointed in Nene this season. She was too over the top and mean. I know she's going thru a divorce and has problems with her son but alot of people have problems and don't act like that.
    And now we have to wait 2 weeks for the reunion show! Oh well, bring on the NYC and OC trainwrecks.
    She looked beautiful, but not like a bride. No matter how old or how many times you get married, I think the bride look is still the best. Of course, I'm not sure where else you would wear that gown. LOL

You know there is a major problem with the relationship when the bride says in her vows that she will "hold her husband with high regards." WHAT? Regard is not really a term you would use for your husband on your wedding day. That is something you close a letter with to a person you barely know. I think it's very telling of her true feelings.

It was sad to me b/c she was already talking about she could just get a divorce if it was the wrong choice 2 days BEFORE the wedding ever happened.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mina;4175494;
    It was sad to me b/c she was already talking about she could just get a divorce if it was the wrong choice 2 days BEFORE the wedding ever happened.
    Actually, I recall saying the same thing to my maid of honor 2 days before my wedding in 1972. I've been married ever since (to the same guy).
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Were you as unhappy as Cynthia when you said it though? While all of your family and friends advised you to not go through with it or to postpone it?

Cynthia's wedding depressed me all night long. The only thing that made me laugh during the whole show, was that it looked like a hooker convention. Do these women really think they look good? I also said the same thing before my wedding (about a divorce). Our best man tried to talk me out of the wedding and when that didn't work, he offered to pay for the divorce. Now that's a full service best man!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mina;4176959;
    Were you as unhappy as Cynthia when you said it though? While all of your family and friends advised you to not go through with it or to postpone it?
    I was 22. And yes, my family and friends were almost ready to KIDNAP me to keep it from happening. The fact they expressed their disapproval did not contribute to my happiness - obviously. They were wrong.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4176990;
    Cynthia's wedding depressed me all night long. The only thing that made me laugh during the whole show, was that it looked like a hooker convention. Do these women really think they look good?
    Isn't that the truth!!
    Too tight, too short and an overload of boob-age with FM (F*** Me) shoes.
    Definitely not the "classy" appearance and behavior that they are always talking about.

Well, it still made me sad for Cynthia. She's not 22 and didn't seem happy at all to marry Peter herself. she seemed much happier about the dress. I don't understand if you are saying my feelings aren't valid to feel when watching this? But it's what I felt.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some people are all about the wedding, but less interested in the marriage. It makes me sad that Cynthia is not smarter, at what should me a more mature age than a 22 year old.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by mina;4175494;
    I thought that was a strange comment to make as well. I think she went through with the wedding to save face more than anything.

I look back at my wedding pictures of me walking down the aisle & all I can see is sadness in my eyes. I really had my doubts about going through with that wedding but I didn't want to hurt my parents' feelings. Now I wish I had listened to my gut feeling & ran out.

+ Reply to Thread