+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1489Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kim was out of order bringing wine to the wedding. Also hated the comments about what the wedding was lacking. This woman is suppossed to be a friend of theirs. She poured her heart out to them at that dinner regarding her concerns and they use that as ammunition to take shots at what her wedding did and didn't have. With friends like those......

I'm no Peter fan, and that man was tore up at that wedding, but it was Cynthia's day. Perhaps some of those girls should have kept whatever wedding gift the may have gotten them and just given them the gift of understanding for just one day.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4172594;
    Kim was out of order bringing wine to the wedding. Also hated the comments about what the wedding was lacking. This woman is suppossed to be a friend of theirs. She poured her heart out to them at that dinner regarding her concerns and they use that as ammunition to take shots at what her wedding did and didn't have. With friends like those......

I'm no Peter fan, and that man was tore up at that wedding, but it was Cynthia's day. Perhaps some of those girls should have kept whatever wedding gift the may have gotten them and just given them the gift of understanding for just one day.
    Hey KeepItReal - that was definitely keeping it real. It was Cynthia's day and no matter what regrets she may have in the future (if any) she deserved to be treated with respect for her choice of a husband. It may work out in the future and it may not. But Cynthia deserved to have support from all of her friends and family. If things don't work out in the future, those friends/family still need to be there for her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All of Cynthia's better instincts said not to go through with the wedding, but she did so anyway. Trouble, trouble, trouble.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4172942;
    All of Cynthia's better instincts said not to go through with the wedding, but she did so anyway. Trouble, trouble, trouble.
    Just watched totally agree. Her t-shirt, "You Big Dummy" says it all. I think this is all a prelude to this lasting less than a year.

She did look gorgeous!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Regular

It always amazes me how people like Cynthia - beautiful, intelligent, classy can lack basic common sense when it comes to their own lives. How can she not see how unhappy she is and will continue to be in a marriage with a controlling, stubborn, and seemingly selfish man like Peter? It really goes to show, nobody in this world is perfect, we all have our flaws, and nobody has it all. The biggest mistake is to go into a marriage hoping he will change and things will get better. It never does.

She is repeating the past of her mother (by marrying a controlling man). I just don't get it. It seems she is trying to fullful the void left by her own absent father by marrying another father like figure.

I was dreadfully disappointed that Cynthia married Peter as well.

As far as her repeating her mother's mistakes, that usually happens unless there's a powerful intervention. Daughters often marry men similar to their fathers, good fathers and, unfortunately, bad fathers.

Is it just me or does it seem like Peter is relying a lot of Cynthia financially for his business ventures? I've learned from my family that if a man relies on the woman financially, the woman gets exploited and ruined financially. Not saying that ALWAYS happens, but just from my own experiences through family and my observations.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4173408;
    Just watched totally agree. Her t-shirt, "You Big Dummy" says it all. I think this is all a prelude to this lasting less than a year.

She did look gorgeous!
    I noticed how they totally zeroed in on that!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

None of these women are prizes, in my opinion. However, if Nene started her finger-in-the-face, blow away the personal space, and threaten to throw me out the window/in the ocean/whatever, I'd have her butt jailed for menacing. She's too old to not have ever been told how to behave, and that bully behavior is never appropriate. She was quick to throw around the "immaturity" comments to Kim, and I desperately wanted Kim to hold up a mirror. (Not that Kim's a prize, but Nene has held a grudge about Kim getting things handed to her on a silver platter while it seems everything's falling apart for her. Life lesson, nothing's fair, get over it before you find yourself in jail.) I'd love Judge Judy to spend time with her.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4172356;
    i actually loved cynthia's dress . . . . that's abt all i loved in that wedding tho.

that was the saddest wedding i've ever seen. geez.
    Agree with all you said here. I thought the dress was just the perfect choice for her, dramatic, elegant, exceptional and she wore it like no one else could have.

Quote Originally Posted by scootad;4173544;
    It always amazes me how people like Cynthia - beautiful, intelligent, classy can lack basic common sense when it comes to their own lives. How can she not see how unhappy she is and will continue to be in a marriage with a controlling, stubborn, and seemingly selfish man like Peter?
    Seems like Cynthia was blessed with extraordinary good looks but maybe lacking in good judgement whereas it's just the opposite with her sister.

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;4172856;
    no matter what regrets she may have in the future (if any) she deserved to be treated with respect for her choice of a husband. It may work out in the future and it may not. But Cynthia deserved to have support from all of her friends and family. If things don't work out in the future, those friends/family still need to be there for her.
    I kind of disagree with a very small part of that. I think her invited guests (friends) should support and respect her wishes on this special day. I don't think that true loving family members should just support her decision when they feel in their hearts that she is making a big mistake just to make her feel better. They should express their true feelings but not harp on it (I thought the sister and mom did it the right way). Once they see she won't change her mind, it's best to just let things go on as planned.
    Like most parents finally learn, we can tell our kids over and over not to do something but sometimes they have to make their mistakes so that they truly understand why it was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4172594;
    I'm no Peter fan, and that man was tore up at that wedding, but it was Cynthia's day.
    I'm not sure what is meant by "tore up." I don't like Peter, felt it was disrespectful to all to be drunk and then I noticed the HUGE change in his demeanor when he set eyes on that incredible beauty in that glorious dress. He seemed more besotted with her beauty than because of his love for her. Of course, I may be biased because I don't like him. In my mind, he's one lucky Bast**d.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 02-01-2011 at 02:57 AM.

LOL-yes, "tore up" would mean "drunk as a skunk".

He is lucky, and sadly, Cynthia is no different than a miliion other women. She "married her father" so to speak. No matter how many women may vow to never marry a man like their fathers, people gravitate towards what they know. They end up either "marrying their father" or "marrying the father they never had"

Cynthia seems very meek at times, and if she gets anything out of this I hope she finds her voice a bit more. We've seen flashes of her standing up to Peter, I hope that continues to grow. I fear her sister may be pretty much the same as she is, as a matter of fact, all three women (mother and daughters), seem a little defeated in their attitudes towards relationships.

I'm sorry that Cynthia didn't listen to that inner voice of hers, however, I think it probably speaks to her in any relationship she finds and she just can't distinguish when to listen to it anymore. She probably has trust issues all around, and unless she gets help to sort those out she may never have a healthy relationship.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

+ Reply to Thread