+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1357Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Bravo may have paid for a portion of the wedding, but maybe Cynthia went above and beyond
    There's no place like home!

I can't believe I grew to like Phaedra and Sheree more, but I did after this last episode. Phaedra is hilarious and Sheree actually behaved sensibly.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miadora;4161622;
    I can't believe I grew to like Phaedra and Sheree more, but I did after this last episode. Phaedra is hilarious and Sheree actually behaved sensibly.
    I agree, strangely enough.

I do believe Miss Phaedra is playing her Southern Belle part to the hilt. Read a little background on her and she is really quite shrewd and very go-getter, a very intelligent woman who does exactly what she wants when she wants and how she wants. And knowing how passive Apollo is, there is NO DOUBT who wears the pants in *this* family.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4160390;
    On top of that, she seriously tried to ruin Cynthia's good time in order to break up the party because she wasn't having fun. She tried and tried to convince her to leave. Why? So that she could go home and sit and be miserable with worry? I never liked Sheree more than when she went up there and didn't allow Nene to manipulate Cynthia and get away with her evil plan. If she wanted to go, then go. She wanted to break up the party because it didn't go as SHE thought it should go. Then she turned her nose up at the strippers. Wasn't she sliding down a pole last season, nipples popping out and all? Strippers are an old staple at bachelorette parties. You shouldn't be surprised if you see one and if it offends you that much it's fine to remove yourself from the room until they are finished with their show.
    Wasn't it a fact that Nene had been "an exotic dancer" aka stripper, earlier in her life?? Maybe she's acting like the new convert to something where they loudly and publically denounce something they once took part in because now she's seen the light.

me too, i've gone from not being able to stand pheadra to her being my fave!

Quote Originally Posted by JORY'sMom;4161732;
    I agree, strangely enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4158917;
    Maybe I'm just too old...I would never think to call my friend(s) that...but most of my generation would probably agree. Actually in my day...that word was a fighting word!! I'm 53...
    It is still a fighting word for me. I do not understand why a lot of women think its okay to call each other such degrading names. What happened to respect? Some are just mimicking the so called "stars" I'm in your generation. SMH
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;4163241;
    It is still a fighting word for me. I do not understand why a lot of women think its okay to call each other such degrading names. What happened to respect? Some are just mimicking the so called "stars" I'm in your generation. SMH
    to loosely quote "Mean Girls"- Calling each other b's and ho's only makes it ok for guys to call you b's and ho's. I'm in Kim's "alleged" generation and I think doing that is tacky and bad example to your teen daughter that is forming her own self awareness and esteem.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Excellent point, mina. I feel exactly the same way. There was a young lady that I used to work with who thought it was cute and funny when her husband would say to her (with a smile, mind you) "You're just a little bitch, aren't you?" I guess she could see the shocked look on my face, and I told her "Don't let him talk to you like that!" She looked shocked...like I had slapped her...and she didn't have anything else to say! If I could only have known what she was thinking. :nono We sooo need to be raised to demand our respect.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;4161870;
    I do believe Miss Phaedra is playing her Southern Belle part to the hilt.
    Watching this last episode (of the bachorlette party) I found myself hearing a whole new person with Phaedra. She seemed intelligent, sane and admirable. Where was the crazy crackpot we have come to know? If she's been playing the part of dumb Southern Belle, I have to wonder why she would do that. Why would you want to portray yourself as less intelligent, somewhat racist and controlling?
    Although I did find her comparing Cynthia's butt and thighs to a tub of cottage cheese completely mean and unnecessary. Personally, I'd kill for that body....couldn't see anything wrong with it at all!

+ Reply to Thread