+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1410Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by marciadale;4156561;
    i'm 42 and me and my friends refer to each other as biotch, ho, etc.... we say it playing around. those words don't offend me - i have a bad sailor mouth - so maybe that's why, but come on... it's just a word. doesn't bother us in the least. i do not think Kim is a racist, nor does it bother me the way she speaks to sweetie. they obviously been together for a while and have a comfort zone... i think they talk to each other, playing around in a way, kind of like me and my g.f.'s. i also loved watching kim wake up on the bus, when sweetie's phone rang w/ tardy for the party...she seemed so fun & happy right off the bat - playing around trying to wake up the others.
    She may have been fun and happy, but she wasn't very considerate of the others. They obviously didn't appreciate it. And her whole thing was about stopping to smoke.

I don't think it's so much the words that they use but the tone that Kim uses with her.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4158909;
    My friends and I use it sometimes jokingly, but we're MUCH younger than Kim. Which is probably why it freaks me out so much when Kim does it, it just emphasizes how immature she is.

Maybe I'm just too old...I would never think to call my friend(s) that...but most of my generation would probably agree. Actually in my day...that word was a fighting word!! I'm 53...

FORT Fogey

I think it's probably a generational thing. It's different, somehow, from the way Kim uses it. She does it in place of someone's name. The girls I know use the phrase "b***h please!" sort of ironically, because it's so trashy and absurd.... kind of like the "z-snap" from Legally Blonde. And now that I think about it, we don't say it to each other, we say it about ridiculous behavior.... so I guess we don't do it the same way Kim does.

And we don't EVER call each other "ho" or "slut" or anything like that. It's just too easy to cross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4158909;
    My friends and I use it sometimes jokingly, but we're MUCH younger than Kim. Which is probably why it freaks me out so much when Kim does it, it just emphasizes how immature she is.
    I think this pretty much sums it all up. It seems odd/negative to us older people because for so long, we functioned with it being a major insult. The younger people didn't experience it that way and in their mind, it is different entirely and doesn't carry that power.
    It doesn't sit well with me but I really don't experience it except on tv. And I see/hear a lot of stuff there that doesn't sit well.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think when "older" people use this/these words, they think it makes them sound hip and young (although I didn't use them when I was in high school/college). As far as I am concerned, we're out of that time in our lives for a very good reason. We've learned better, and so will they.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4159295;
    [B]I think when "older" people use this/these words, they think it makes them sound hip and young [/B
    They actually end up like old people just TRYING to sound young and hip. and then it becomes somewhat pathetic. Best to act your age because it's rare for an old person to be seen as hip or cool. (Well, maybe Betty White would disagree with me but on her it looks good. )

NeNe was a hot mess in tonight's episode. Who acts like that when they're a guest in someone's home? I don't care if it's rented out for parties, she was way out of line and took her hate of Kim and applied it to all the others that were there as well. I seriously won't miss her.

On top of that, she seriously tried to ruin Cynthia's good time in order to break up the party because she wasn't having fun. She tried and tried to convince her to leave. Why? So that she could go home and sit and be miserable with worry? I never liked Sheree more than when she went up there and didn't allow Nene to manipulate Cynthia and get away with her evil plan. If she wanted to go, then go. She wanted to break up the party because it didn't go as SHE thought it should go. Then she turned her nose up at the strippers. Wasn't she sliding down a pole last season, nipples popping out and all? Strippers are an old staple at bachelorette parties. You shouldn't be surprised if you see one and if it offends you that much it's fine to remove yourself from the room until they are finished with their show.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Nene has no class at all. Do you really invited an uninvited guest to a house you are invited to and you don't even know the person (Kim's friend)? Then sit there dogging the house and demanding food and drink? Nene has become the Jill Zarin of housewives for me, started out liking her and now I am disgusted by her.
    I felt sorry for Cynthia, they were suppose to have a good time bachelorette party and Nene kept shooting off her big mouth about Kim and other mundane stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4158917;
    Maybe I'm just too old...I would never think to call my friend(s) that...but most of my generation would probably agree. Actually in my day...that word was a fighting word!! I'm 53...
    I'm your age & no one I know uses that term of endearment around me.

Color me stupid but why wouldn't Bravo pay for Cynthia's wedding? They footed the bill for Taylor's 3 parties.

+ Reply to Thread