+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1392Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kim does seem to use the "B" word and other not so nice words as terms of endearment at times. Maybe it would have simply been better if someone would have told her that they don't care to be called these things in any context.

Sweetie seems to be as much of a PITA as Kim. What happened to the woman that she had last season who watched over her daughters? The girls seemed to be sad that Sweetie was leaving, but the other woman seems far more responsible. Kim went to her to tell her youngest that she couldn't have soda. Maybe the girls like Sweetie because they get away with more when she is around. I don't know if the other woman was an "assistant" like Sweetie or just a nanny for the girls.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just think using the word "bitch" is dangerous. There is nothing endearing about it. Things can turn ugly very quickly when the person using decides that they are not being endearing. I think it just opens the door for verbal abuse....as, it in itself, is abusive. What is "warm and squishy" about calling a woman a nasty term for a female dog? Yep, I've got an issue with that word.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I totally agree! I just think that she should have never been allowed to get so comfortable with using the word if someone took objection to it. A grown woman should know better, but if she didn't, many people would have no problem letting her know that it's not okay with them.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Chitex and KeepItReal thank you so very much for your kind wishes.

It makes me laugh when these housewives (esp Atlanta & New Jersey) talk about wanting things that are "classy" and then they open their mouths and nothing classy comes out of them.

i'm 42 and me and my friends refer to each other as biotch, ho, etc.... we say it playing around. those words don't offend me - i have a bad sailor mouth - so maybe that's why, but come on... it's just a word. doesn't bother us in the least. i do not think Kim is a racist, nor does it bother me the way she speaks to sweetie. they obviously been together for a while and have a comfort zone... i think they talk to each other, playing around in a way, kind of like me and my g.f.'s. i also loved watching kim wake up on the bus, when sweetie's phone rang w/ tardy for the party...she seemed so fun & happy right off the bat - playing around trying to wake up the others.

I'm rewatching the last episode now and NeNe called Kim the B word several times when she was in Kim's hotel room. Her accusations are baseless and I'm over her.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4156166;
    It makes me laugh when these housewives (esp Atlanta & New Jersey) talk about wanting things that are "classy" and then they open their mouths and nothing classy comes out of them.
    Amen sister...well said!!

I personally can't stand hearing people all each other the "b" word...even joking around. It sounds so nasty...I just don't get why people call each other that, even in jest. It sounds so classless.

FORT Fogey

My friends and I use it sometimes jokingly, but we're MUCH younger than Kim. Which is probably why it freaks me out so much when Kim does it, it just emphasizes how immature she is.

+ Reply to Thread