+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1406Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;4139721;
    I don't think people give Kim enough credit. Though she's not the sharpest tool in the toolbox, I believe she knew exactly what was up when she knocked herself up. I think she totally planned it out.
    Me too! Her pregnancy was totally planned...she was even talking about having another baby on the show right around when she met the guy she is pregnant with now. I think it was her intention to get pregnant with him and for some reason, she was not either (a) able to or (b) allowed to with Big Poppa.

Skim getting pregnant for some reason.... hoping to get married? Then comes divorce, a settlement, alimony, child support. And sandwiched in between is Drama Drama Drama, insurance perhaps for continued reality show fame? She better hope the famous ballplayer guy gets a re-up on his contract. For Skim that's what life is all about.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;4139721;
    I don't think people give Kim enough credit. Though she's not the sharpest tool in the toolbox, I believe she knew exactly what was up when she knocked herself up. I think she totally planned it out.

I have never heard of a woman knocking herself up before. If she managed to do that, that was quite a feat indeed!

Just a comment in regards to Apollo Nida, Phaedra's husband. I work at a Georgia prison, one that is referred to as a "county camp", meaning the inmates there are still State inmates, but they come to a county camp to work for the benefit of that county - the majority of them go out to work under the supervision of either a POST certified detail officer or a supervisor who has had a minimum of 20 hours of specific training in order to supervise minimum security inmates. State prisons in Georgia typically do not have outside work details for inmates, their prisoners work inside their fence; county prisons have the majority of their inmates working outside the fence. County prisons are also usually known as facilities where lower security inmates who may be approaching the last few months or years of their sentence are sent. Big time troublemakers or violent offenders do NOT go to county prisons.

ANYhow, I realized just recently that Apollo Nida was at the prison where I work for about 8 months in 2006. While he was there he worked as an inmate and staff barber. That's what he was skilled in, being a barber. According to his background, he had had a shop in either Austell, Ga. or somewhere else in Cobb Co. before he got locked up. And everything Phaedra has said about him so far regarding his charges is absolutely true. He got out of prison in May, 2009 and it was sometime shortly after that he married Phaedra, according to everything I've read about them on the internet. Interesting though is that she was never a visitor (at least under the name Phaedra Parks) to him while he was incarcerated. Apollo never got into any trouble while he was at my facility and he was always polite and respectful to all the staff there.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I'm having trouble believing that Nene is pregnant. She's 41 years old and I know that sometimes women have mid-life pregnancies but that's the exception and not very common. Seems like so many women now need IVF after 35 to get pregnant.
    Of course, anything is possible. Maybe she wasn't particularly careful, thinking she probably wouldn't get pregnant. All I know is that would be quite a shock to be a mother at 42 years old!

As for Kim getting pregnant, I know she says she's 30 years old, which is really hard to believe, but I agree that I think this was planned. She probably knew that having a baby with Big Poppa wasn't a good idea. He'd never be a full time father, just like he wasn't a full time partner in their relationship. But with this new guy, there was a chance that she could have a real relationship with a participating father.
    But basically, I feel sorry for the baby, even before it arrives, just as I feel sorry for her daughters.

FORT Fanatic

Isn't NeNe on Celebrity apprentice? I don't think she's pregnant, it would cramp her style. I know the son and his girlfriend are expecting.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;4139967;
    Just a comment in regards to Apollo Nida, Phaedra's husband. I work at a Georgia prison, one that is referred to as a "county camp", meaning the inmates there are still State inmates, but they come to a county camp to work for the benefit of that county - the majority of them go out to work under the supervision of either a POST certified detail officer or a supervisor who has had a minimum of 20 hours of specific training in order to supervise minimum security inmates. State prisons in Georgia typically do not have outside work details for inmates, their prisoners work inside their fence; county prisons have the majority of their inmates working outside the fence. County prisons are also usually known as facilities where lower security inmates who may be approaching the last few months or years of their sentence are sent. Big time troublemakers or violent offenders do NOT go to county prisons.

ANYhow, I realized just recently that Apollo Nida was at the prison where I work for about 8 months in 2006. While he was there he worked as an inmate and staff barber. That's what he was skilled in, being a barber. According to his background, he had had a shop in either Austell, Ga. or somewhere else in Cobb Co. before he got locked up. And everything Phaedra has said about him so far regarding his charges is absolutely true. He got out of prison in May, 2009 and it was sometime shortly after that he married Phaedra, according to everything I've read about them on the internet. Interesting though is that she was never a visitor (at least under the name Phaedra Parks) to him while he was incarcerated. Apollo never got into any trouble while he was at my facility and he was always polite and respectful to all the staff there.
    Thanks for this!! So far I like Apollo quite a bit, I just love to see the way he is with that baby!

It's also good to know he was in a county prison - that's a huge difference from federal or state prison. As odd as this sounds, truly terrible people are much less likely to end up in county prison and those in county prisons tend to be much more easy to rehabilitate.

How is a "county" prison any different than a state or federal prison? He was sentenced to a State prison, but did his time at a work camp. During my 30 years in corrections the only inmates who were "rehabilitated" were the ones who wanted help. I looked up his criminal record...it was not a slap on the wrist crime, he was sentenced to 18 years in prison and served 5 years. As we all know there is more to this story.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;4141060;
    How is a "county" prison any different than a state or federal prison? He was sentenced to a State prison, but did his time at a work camp. During my 30 years in corrections the only inmates who were "rehabilitated" were the ones who wanted help. I looked up his criminal record...it was not a slap on the wrist crime, he was sentenced to 18 years in prison and served 5 years. As we all know there is more to this story.
    I don't know anything about Federal, state or county prisoners. All I know is that is not very high on my list of qualities in a husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4141099;
    I don't know anything about Federal, state or county prisoners. All I know is that is not very high on my list of qualities in a husband and father.
    I agree 100% with that statement!
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread