+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1357Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I heard the comment, took it as a joke and nothing more. Cynthia has a strange sense of humor, as exhibited by her friendship contract, and I think she was poking fun at her profession when she made that comment. She certainly doesn't come off as someone who would actually do that.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;4134919;
    so you think that since she is on a TV show that maybe she has some sort of obligation to censor herself just in case she might trigger a relapse in someone recovering from bulimia?
    Yep. Or teenagers with self esteem issues.

Being on tv should come with some sense of responsibility as to what you're putting out there. I think the same should be done with athletes, politicians, anyone who may have any kind of influence on the public.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

I wonder if Sheree's daughters' furniture has been repo'd yet? Everything she gets, gets taken. CC my butt, she doesn't have one she could use!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I wondered about that too, in light of cars being repossessed and all. Could/would they show up and take all the furniture from her daughter's apartment, and would Kim's ring be subject to the same since he's in financial trouble too?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4135054;

Being on tv should come with some sense of responsibility as to what you're putting out there. I think the same should be done with athletes, politicians, anyone who may have any kind of influence on the public.
    With all due respect, being a parent comes with the responsibility of monitoring the type of TV shows your child watches. The Real Housewives series hardly seems a responsible choice for teenage viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4135054;

Is it Cynthia's responsibility not to say something like that, or is it the editor's responsibility not to put it on the air?

and I completely disagree that the being on one of these shows makes anyone responsible for the actions of complete strangers.

I know we disagree, but am grateful that we can disagree without starting a war. That was meant sincerely, sometimes it's hard to get the feeling across without the benefit of body language.

I just think that with "fame" comes responsibility and that's where we've fallen in the past decades. Everyone wants benefits without the responsibility.

I also agree that the editor has a huge responsibility in choosing what airs and what does not.

FORT Fogey

I think there's a difference here in that Cynthia is not claiming to be a role model. She's not attempting to send a message. She signed up for a camera to follow her around and capture anything she says or does - her off-color jokes and all. It would defeat the purpose if she was to censor herself. She's also on a show for adults.

That being said, if the same thing was said by a teen star - a Miley Cyrus or Taylor Swift, for instance - that would be very wrong of them, IMO. Because they've been made famous by being idols for little girls.

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4135079;
    I wonder if Sheree's daughters' furniture has been repo'd yet? Everything she gets, gets taken. CC my butt, she doesn't have one she could use!
    I thought the furniture was a short term rental from the furniture store, like for a few days for the daughter's party. No way can ShaBoom actually buy the stuff. I'll bet her credit cards were jerked a long time ago. But the store probably would do a "rental" in exchange for TV coverage - which it got. Wonder if all those retail places pay taxes on the barter value of the advertising like they're supposed to.

These women are so much more interesting when they're honest about their circumstances. ShaBoom's insistence that she's ultrawealthy and privileged falls particularly flat.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

I think Nene's honesty about their financial situation is particularly refreshing. I would have thought her one to cover it up and pretend all was well.

+ Reply to Thread