+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1406Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Holly in SoCal;4131109;
    I agree...so many of these women (or woman, as Danielle would say...lol) look very manly....come to think of it...so does Danielle. Very strange indeed! I know that plastic surgery can create an amazing body...wayyyyy back when...I had seen some very scantly clad dancers who were actually transgenders...ie...they were men who had surgery to be a woman and boy...if their body wasn't rockin! I thought to myself...maybe I need to go to the doctor, get changed to a man, then back to a woman...seems they can manufacture a mighty fine body that way! Not that I agree with doing that...just making an observation. However it's pretty sad when a man that is surgically changed into a woman looks better than a natural woman (body-wise)...but no matter what they do to their body....you can always see it in the face...that manly bone structure, a tell-tale sign that they used to be a man. Similar to the gals that were mentioned.
    I remember thinking when I saw movies like "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything," "The Birdcage" "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" and a live production in Hollywood of "La Cage Aux Folles" that drag queens make better women than women do; meaning that they really take time to apply makeup, do their hair, wear their clothes, etc.etc. We, women, just usually don't do those things with the precision and detail that drag queens do. I was astounded how good those men looked at La Cage & I got up close to some of them!!!!

I always look for the tell-tale Adam's Apple but I've heard that can be surgically altered too so who knows who is really who????? If I had to guess anyone on Housewives, it would be Kelly from RHNY. I know she has daughters but she wouldn't be the first celeb to somehow fake a pregnancy.

omg, i saw la cage in vegas and there was this cher there . . . . her/his body was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4131111;
    I remember thinking when I saw movies like "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything," "The Birdcage" "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" and a live production in Hollywood of "La Cage Aux Folles" that drag queens make better women than women do; meaning that they really take time to apply makeup, do their hair, wear their clothes, etc.etc. We, women, just usually don't do those things with the precision and detail that drag queens do. I was astounded how good those men looked at La Cage & I got up close to some of them!!!!

I always look for the tell-tale Adam's Apple but I've heard that can be surgically altered too so who knows who is really who????? If I had to guess anyone on Housewives, it would be Kelly from RHNY. I know she has daughters but she wouldn't be the first celeb to somehow fake a pregnancy.

Danielle looks to me more like a woman, but somewhat masculine. Laurie RHOC really looks masculine to me. It's her face more than her frame, she's attractive but not really pretty in the feminine sense. And she carries herself in an oddly masculine way.

I'm beginning to wonder which of these females were males in their early lives. It must be a tough way to go... being so uncomfortable in your own body that pursuing a sex change seems rational. But the odd thing is that they'd seek fame rather than having a low profile life with people who care about them. Well, I do feel sorry for any of these women who have gone through such an ordeal.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Just a thought I decided to share about the hw's spot (stupid sayings at the beginning of the shows) ... Sheree's mispronunciation of the word "sophistication" ... she says "Sophissssication. Drives me crazy. If you can't say it, you ain't it.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4133524;
    Just a thought I decided to share about the hw's spot (stupid sayings at the beginning of the shows) ... Sheree's mispronunciation of the word "sophistication" ... she says "Sophissssication. Drives me crazy. If you can't say it, you ain't it.
    Darn. I missed that.
    will have to check it out. Usually all I hear is the English language being murdered by so many of the Housewives.

Just posted on Beverly Hills and will post the same here ... Two Weeks with no new episode is Ridiculous!! ARGH!

Watched the rerun and keep forgetting to mention this too ... I'm kinda surprised that no one comments on Cynthia telling the designer that requested her for the Miami shoot that to get bathing suit ready she would be throwing up the food she just ate. Hmmm.

I realize that models must maintain their weight/figure ... but to say outright that she would deliberately make herself throw up was detrimental to anyone with a body/weight issue like anorexia or bulimia.

I didn't hear her say that but heard her say she wasn't in bikini shape.

I honestly believe that the models have to be anorexic or bulimic to stay so thin. I probably shouldn't use those two words because as I understand it, those are diseases. I'm not saying that models are afflicted with these diseases constantly but probably stop eating much or throw up sometimes before a job. Kind of a on-again, off-again thing.

Is it still a disease if you do it everyday or once a month? I really don't know.

FORT Fogey

Well okay. It depends on what you consider anorexia or bulemia. If you're tying it to the psychological disorders, then it doesn't count unless it's a pattern. Most models who only engage in these behaviors occasionally would not be throwing up because that doesn't cause you to lose weight as quickly.

My guess is that most models engage in starvation diets before big shoots, where they stop eating much or at all. But I wouldn't call it anorexia until it becomes a psychological disorder rather than just a quick (and dangerous and stupid!!!!) way to lose weight.

I think Cynthia was probably joking though.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;4134860;
    Watched the rerun and keep forgetting to mention this too ... I'm kinda surprised that no one comments on Cynthia telling the designer that requested her for the Miami shoot that to get bathing suit ready she would be throwing up the food she just ate. Hmmm.

I realize that models must maintain their weight/figure ... but to say outright that she would deliberately make herself throw up was detrimental to anyone with a body/weight issue like anorexia or bulimia.

so you think that since she is on a TV show that maybe she has some sort of obligation to censor herself just in case she might trigger a relapse in someone recovering from bulimia?

+ Reply to Thread