+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1489Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;4121204;
    I heard on somewere this morning that Nene's son is going to be a father, has anyone else heard that?
    Friend in Atlanta told me that it was rumored Bryson and g/f Allison(?) were expecting a baby. Friend also told me NeNe filed for divorce months ago, even before Greg did that recording, but Bravo showed it that way, making it seem like she wanted a divorce after that discovery, among other things. NeNe shouldn't be shocked, after all Greg was still married when she met him.

I usually call her NoNo, but I'm feeling some love for her this season. Also word is she is upset with the fans Phaedra is getting, just like she was upset over the love Kandi was shown last year. Who knows?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

i agree, i am not liking peter at all. he's way too demanding.

i can't believe they kept showing that terrible baby poop tho!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4121063;
    I think that Peter and his fiance could use some distance between them while he works his problems out. He can talk so ugly to her; she should put that crap in check, with a quickness and some distance, instead of just letting him get away with it. I understand that he's got business stresses, but he doesn't need to tak them out on her. Right now, he is being seen as very controlling; jealousy is a serious form of control. She shouldn't allow that. I think it's a bad sign for their relationship. She needs to remember that we teach people HOW to treat us. If she's allowing this now, who's to say it will stop?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4120884;
    There could be a number of things at play here. First of all, the crazy little sound bites that Phaedra says are far more interesting than her saying how cute he is. A lot of the "normal" stuff could have been left on the cutting room floor.
    This could very well be the truth and it would explain a lot that most find confusing about the woman. Given her education, her profession, it's hard to put that together with the strange things she says. I'm hoping you're right. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4120936;
    That fight between Peter and Nene was stupid. Nene should focus on her problems with Greg instead of being worried about what Peter thinks of her.
    I got the distinct feeling that Nene had been drinking when she was on the phone with Peter, which would explain some of her belligerence at the time. (Not excuse it but explain it)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4121063;
    I think that Peter and his fiance could use some distance between them while he works his problems out. He can talk so ugly to her; she should put that crap in check, with a quickness and some distance, instead of just letting him get away with it. I understand that he's got business stresses, but he doesn't need to tak them out on her. Right now, he is being seen as very controlling; jealousy is a serious form of control. She shouldn't allow that. I think it's a bad sign for their relationship. She needs to remember that we teach people HOW to treat us. If she's allowing this now, who's to say it will stop?
    Yes, I've noticed the way he's been talking to her also. And personally, if I heard my man talk to another woman the way he did to Nene, I'd have second thoughts about him. I'm not saying Nene was ok the way she spoke to Peter either but there was something extremely belittling about his tone.
    He also repeatedly refers to "how a woman should treat her man" or how a man wants his woman to act.
    If I were "his woman" I'd be listening very carefully to what he's saying to her and to others, while I packed my bags.

I'm also not defending Nene's tone (in general, a little less confrontation in her tone would go a long way), but I can understand Nene's frustration. Obviously Cynthia had confided in her that Peter didn't like them talking so much. He also would rudely and loudly tell her to get off the phone with Nene, which it is quite possible Nene heard in the background (as Peter intended her to). He was very jealous of their friendship. While I agree that if they were constantly on the phone together whenever he was around and truly cutting into their quality time it's something that he should address and something that Cynthia should acknowledge, I wonder if this was truly the case. I believe it's more of a control issue. Some people are very threatened when their SO is close and confides in anyone else. Some are able to deal with a pre-established close relationship for quite a while (especially with relationships with family members), or even forever in some cases, but to watch a new, strong relationship bloom is very uncomfortable to them. Peter had every intention of throwing some dust on that new bond and as of now he's done just that. It's classic control, and I really hope Cynthia deals with it strongly right now or walks away. If this is the type of man she attracts on a regular basis it is very clear why she has such a strong fear of marriage. A controlling mate can easily make a marriage liscense feel like a certificate of ownership.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

I don't care how frustrated Cynthia's husband may have been about her long calls with NeNe when he is home. He may be right, but how he put it was all about him being "the boss" and Cynthia being "the employee".

Cave man days, really.

I found him to be offensive and Cynthia to be weak.

FORT Fanatic

Question, when was this show filmed? If Cynthia got married, July 27th, and Phaedra had the baby in May, when were these episodes filmed?

NeNe acted a fool at Cynthia's wedding, filed for divorce months ago, just trying to figure some things out.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Oboy, looks like ShaBoom was depending on the fake doctor and his fake multimillions to help fake her way through her faux life for awhile. She bet on the wrong horse. Again.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4122524;
    Surprise, surprise.....NOT. Maybe she's trying to be the Lynne(OC) of Atlanta.

Never like Sheree, never will.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Finally watched Sunday's episode... my thoughts.

1) Hate Peter now. He treats Cynthia like an employee or child. I cannot believe she puts up with it. I understand his frustration with her being on the phone all the time, during their small amounts of time together. But, he could have went about it way differently and dropped the issue alot sooner. He went on and on and on.

2) Hopefully I don't offend anyone, but what was up with Tracy's speech? I personally thought she talked like she is mentally challenged? Just strange.

3) Sheree's hair was beautiful the night of the car race!
    Last edited by reneekk; 12-09-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

+ Reply to Thread