+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1359Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

There could be a number of things at play here. First of all, the crazy little sound bites that Phaedra says are far more interesting than her saying how cute he is. A lot of the "normal" stuff could have been left on the cutting room floor. It was very telling last night the way she looked at his photos and was thrilled to catch the one of him smiling. Phaedra is a character, and the show is going to play that character up. Even Sheree, who does not seem like the type to go out of her way defending anyone, said on WWHL that Phaedra is far different than she comes off as on the show.

Another thing at play could simply be that is how Phaedra was raised. Her mom, like most moms, obviously loves Phaedra. She was, however, clearly a stern woman and her children were expected to tow a certain line. Phaedra still seems afraid to let her down, to the point of lying about when she got pregnant and sounding totally foolish in the process. Some parents don't dish out a healthy serving of hugs and praise, so maybe that isn't natural to Phaedra. It doesn't mean she doesn't have a natural maternal love for her son.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I hope Phaedra has learned not to wear white while holding a naked baby.
    I cringe everytime Kim tries to sing. She's just awful! That fight between Peter and Nene was stupid. Nene should focus on her problems with Greg instead of being worried about what Peter thinks of her.
    Last nights show was a bit of a snore, next week looks better according to the previews.

FORT Fanatic

I think the show is going with the Phaedra snippets that viewers would like. Twice on WWHL Kandi, and Sheree have stated that's not really Phaedra. I have a friend in Atlanta, who said Phaedra spoke at a woman's conference, was articulate, well spoken, interesting, and very little accent.

Peter's situation is a lead in to the fact he either lost/or loosing the resturant. I read that he was filing bankrutcy.

I'm AA and my last child looked like Mr. Magoo, and I'm sure it was the first thing I said.

Well Sheree won the race, but at least Kandi still has her car! What a joke!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I feel asleep AGAIN! I hate this show being on Sunday nights!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that Peter and his fiance could use some distance between them while he works his problems out. He can talk so ugly to her; she should put that crap in check, with a quickness and some distance, instead of just letting him get away with it. I understand that he's got business stresses, but he doesn't need to tak them out on her. Right now, he is being seen as very controlling; jealousy is a serious form of control. She shouldn't allow that. I think it's a bad sign for their relationship. She needs to remember that we teach people HOW to treat us. If she's allowing this now, who's to say it will stop?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Well she married him anyway! Didn't she say at the bridal salon something about not taking abuse, as her mother did, and always taking care of herself? His verbal abuse to her and NeNe was a bit much. Looks and modeling only last so long.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

I have a feeling she will grow to regret her decision.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4120970;
    I think the show is going with the Phaedra snippets that viewers would like. Twice on WWHL Kandi, and Sheree have stated that's not really Phaedra. I have a friend in Atlanta, who said Phaedra spoke at a woman's conference, was articulate, well spoken, interesting, and very little accent.

Peter's situation is a lead in to the fact he either lost/or loosing the resturant. I read that he was filing bankrutcy.

I'm AA and my last child looked like Mr. Magoo, and I'm sure it was the first thing I said.Well Sheree won the race, but at least Kandi still has her car! What a joke!
    Thanks for my best laugh of the day....now I'm seeing Mr. Magoo all in my head. My grandson looked like him too!!!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I heard on somewere this morning that Nene's son is going to be a father, has anyone else heard that?

Wouldn't be a huge surprise.

+ Reply to Thread