+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1328Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

oh geez...

EXCLUSIVE: Real Housewives Of Atlanta's Kim Zolciak Engaged! | Radar Online

Hope her singing career takes off, I doubt $400k is enough for her..

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4116347;
    If you really wanted to, I suppose you could excuse Phaedra's initial (awful) reactions to her baby as "knee-jerk" but how do you explain that she still has yet to say anything nice about him? He's beautiful, and it's so sad that she can't show any interest in him.

I've never had kids, so obviously I don't know, but is it even possible that the doctor said not to lift her tiny, 8 pound baby? I mean, 8 pounds is not much...

It's sweet that Apollo seems to enjoy him, but he's clearly clueless. I started to panic when he wasn't really holding the baby's head... I was literally saying "carefulcarefulcareful!" But at least he's trying!

Was it just me or did they leave him in the car and walk in without him??

I don't know why this upsets me so much, but even if you just compare her to the other housewives who've had babies, it's kind of horrifying. Maybe she didn't want to get pregnant, but it was her actions that caused it, not the baby's.

I heard her say that during delivery she not only had the epideral(sp) but she had morphine, so she was out of it if that is in fact true which would explain some of her comments. She also spoke about having complications during her pregnancy one of which included bleeding prior to that "marverlous" baby shower and having to go to the hospital. So we really don't know everything only what they show us. Now she did say her son would be the flyest baby in Atlanta that's kinda nice even tho I think that is more of a reflection on her than on the baby. Having had abdominal surgery 8 lbs is a lot and can cause you to hurt or re-hurt yourself, so I don't think that is unreasonable. They did leave the baby in the car but they had a driver with the baby so Apollo could get her up the stairs. I don't know why I defend her cause she is a bit of a nut but I like her for whatever reason. To her credit, right now she is taking care of the baby herself. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by mayamaisha; 11-29-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4113022;
    I don't ever recall her saying or even hinting at the fact that the baby wasn't cute. She said he looked Asian. Also, the "gross" thing was surely a response to the fact that the baby wasn't cleaned up yet.
    But she made the Asian quip with a distasteful look on her face. It would be different if she said it with a giggle in her voice or something like that but that wasn't the case.

She's just an ignorant person all around.

As far as her passing the bar. Well, you know how the joke goes: What do you call a medical student who graduated last in his/her class? A doctor. I wonder if she was at the bottom her her class and just barely passed the bar on her 10th try?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mayamaisha;4116721;
    I heard her say that during delivery she not only had the epideral(sp) but she had morphine, so she was out of it if that is in fact true which would explain some of her comments. She also spoke about having complications during her pregnancy one of which included bleeding prior to that "marverlous" baby shower and having to go to the hospital. So we really don't know everything only what they show us. Now she did say her son would be the flyest baby in Atlanta that's kinda nice even tho I think that is more of a reflection on her than on the baby. Having had abdominal surgery 8 lbs is a lot and can cause you to hurt or re-hurt yourself, so I don't think that is unreasonable. They did leave the baby in the car but they had a driver with the baby so Apollo could get her up the stairs. I don't know why I defend her cause she is a bit of a nut but I like her for whatever reason. To her credit, right now she is taking care of the baby herself. Just my 2 cents.
    Didn't we hear her conversation with her mother/grandmother when she said she planned on using a nanny?

None of the bleeding or complications with her pregnancy can change the fact that she has yet to show any sort of bond to her baby. I understand that when they come out they're not pretty, but she has yet to say one nice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;4116958;
    But she made the Asian quip with a distasteful look on her face. It would be different if she said it with a giggle in her voice or something like that but that wasn't the case.

She's just an ignorant person all around.
    I can't find one single thing about Phaedra that I like but I honestly don't think she was being a racist or meaning that looking like an Asian was bad thing in itself. I just think she expected her baby to look like an African American, not Asian. Maybe I am being too forgiving because there's not much to admire about this woman but I just didn't get that feeling when she said it. She just seems like a person with no filter when she speaks.

She has definitely not bonded with that adorable little baby. It's like she has this new aquisition and unsure what value it is to her life.
    Seems like the only thing she likes about him is his name.

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;4116714;
    Per that article, there is a seven year difference in their ages......my husband is seven years younger than me so I can't say anything negative about that since we just celebrated 23 years of marriage. But nothing, nothing (!) will ever convince me that she is 32 years old!!! I know she's lived and played hard but she is no spring chicken.

In the article, she states that she was appalled and disgusted that people "spilled the beans" about her pregnancy because she "wasn't through her first trimester and you never know what could happen." Whenever I hear that said, I always think that they hadn't decided (during the first 3 months)whether to have an abortion or not. (yes, I have become quite cynical regarding any of the Housewives.)

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...

Quote Originally Posted by dustypants;4116714;
    oh geez...

EXCLUSIVE: Real Housewives Of Atlanta&#039;s Kim Zolciak Engaged! | Radar Online

Hope her singing career takes off, I doubt $400k is enough for her..
    O' Lordy.... I swear the first thing I thought when I read this article was "sure, she's 32". . The second thing I thought was "how can she be interested in him , he's not already married?" And, the third thing I thought was "singing career???" One song, badly sung (thank goodness for all that high tech equipment, huh kim), does not a singing career make. Whatever she's happy living her delusional life, and honestly I don't really care. I'm pretty nonplussed about her (most of the housewives in fact), but I do think the Diva act with Kandi regarding the "music" is pretty bad form. Kandi is doing HER a huge favor by offering her help and expertise and has only mildly hinted at any compensation in return. Kim has a lot of nerve criticizing anything Kandi offers her and to act like she knows more (or anything) about the music industry is more of Kim's craziness. She enjoys the little bit of fame she does have because of Kandi's friendship and graciousness. To me that is just down-right ungratefulness. The worst part is Kim is totally clueless and I think truely believes that she has achieved "Super Stardom" and has done on her own pure "talent". She wants Kandi to just hand over an album of #1 hit songs so all she has to do is screech them out in the recording booth, wait for the mixers to work their magic, put on her wig and best dress that covers the least to do promos, and sit back and rake in the big, big, bucks with a "Thanks girlfriend" (maybe), and call it even. It's just a thought, but I wonder if Kim's new preoccupations (engagement and pregnancy) are a sign that her pop star career has (mercifully) come to an end. We can hope I guess....
    I do like Kandi. I think she is a genuine person and does alot for her friends out of kindness and her love for them. I don't think she is a push over though and I'm pretty sure that she will have it out with Kim at some point over her ungrateful divaness. Kandi also cracks me up!
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4117028;
    Per that article, there is a seven year difference in their ages......my husband is seven years younger than me so I can't say anything negative about that since we just celebrated 23 years of marriage. But nothing, nothing (!) will ever convince me that she is 32 years old!!! I know she's lived and played hard but she is no spring chicken.

In the article, she states that she was appalled and disgusted that people "spilled the beans" about her pregnancy because she "wasn't through her first trimester and you never know what could happen." Whenever I hear that said, I always think that they hadn't decided (during the first 3 months)whether to have an abortion or not. (yes, I have become quite cynical regarding any of the Housewives.)
    well, we know that her oldest daughter is in her early teens. you can't fake that. I can definitely believe that she had her daughter at a very young age. I think she said 19. I think she probably is in her early 30's, but has just not taken care of her skin/self very well.

I don't know about appalled and disgusted, but I know a lot of women/couples will only tell their immediate family before they are through the 1st trimester. I am not a big fan of Kim, but I think the abortion consideration is a bit of a stretch

In October, an ex-boyfriend of Zolciak's spilled the beans of her pregnancy. "I was appalled and disgusted by that. I wasn't through my first trimester - you never know what could happen," Kim told the magazine.

Was this "boyfriend" Big Poppa or was there another boy-toy??? I'm sorry but given the choice of a spin-off between Danielle from NJ or Kim, I think I would choose Danielle bt then not watch.

Excedrine was given morphine during delivery??? Really??? Seriously???

FORT Fanatic

Best lines, "crocheted for Oprah"! Who speaks like that?

"Show me you're a woman"

Worst scene, on WWHL when Andy gave Joyce (Kandi's mom) the Obama dildo.
    Wtf! Very inappropriate!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread