+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 409 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Like Tree1430Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3225750;
    I love NeNe, but anyone notice that something about her look just isn't right? She never looks fabulous. Her dresses are nice and expensive, they're just not flattering to her. And her weave color isn't flattering to her appearance either.

NeNe is not an ugly woman, but her style makes her look less pretty than she is.
    I'm not a fan of that weeve that doesn't have a part. It looks bizarre to me. I think she is ok looking- she is just one of those women who should always wear a little makeup to pull it all together. I like her hair better when it is longer and curled rather than the straight look.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3225710;
    I have to admit that I don't see many women with muscled backsides like what he was sporting!
    It looked very round to me. But that's just me. He is a cutey though. I heard he is no longer in the NFL so good to see they have so many other financial avenues.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Fan

DeShawn's son is a little terror. That scene when they were eating with the chef is just EMBARRASSING! No discipline at all. The little boy was screaming at the top of his lungs for a different type of food, when he had a full plate in front of him. DeShawn ignored him and said something like, "Don't even start." Are you kidding me? I would have sent the brat to school without breakfast for pulling a stupid stunt like that.

What a brat!

I just watched the episode with DeShawn's fundraiser. That woman does not have a clue! First of all, what the hell was she thinking making a "grand' entrance down her staircase like she is the belle of the ball after her guests had arrived. Is this a fundraiser or her senior prom? She should have greeted each and every guest personally as they arrived. The venue (her home) was not appropriate for the type of event she was holding. Running around looking for the auctioneer was ridiculous, she was so out of her league it would have been wise for her to have hired a professional to organize the event. I knew she was in trouble when she was on the phone calling people to see if they were coming. Who does that?

When they realized no one was bidding on the LeBron James package, why not lower the price? Where was the silent auction table? Why did she have to change into a second outfit? She is so inexperienced and out of her league, I feel bad for her "foundation". I have been to many fundraisers, to me this one appeared more like a cocktail party without a proper coat check than a major fundraiser. Oh, one more thing....plastic cups? You want to raise a million dollars but you are drinking out of red plastic cups? Oye vey!!!
    Last edited by luvsginger; 10-31-2008 at 01:36 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3225001;
    I also felt bad for DeShawn and her so-called friends didn't help the matter either. They kept wanting it to fail, especially Sheree. God, I don't not like that woman. The only person that was out there helping her was NeNe.
    I actually like DeShawn as she seems to have a big heart. However, her kids are spoiled brats and her definition of being "destined for greatness" (or some such goofy thing) is way different than my own, i.e. living off a man (DeShawn) vs. making one's own way (Lisa).

I haven't caught all the episodes yet but so far, NeNe and Lisa (the hyper one who just had a baby) are my favorites.

There is just something about NeNe I like. My favorite line from any of the seasons of the Desperate Housewives series was delivered by NeNe. It was when she talked about bein married and says something like "nuthin' but love honey...and a lot of hard work". LOVE IT!

From then on, I was sold. She's just real. Yeah, she could probably add a filter from time to time, but so far (and I hope she doesn't disappoint!), I have been nothing but charmed by her.

And, I REALLY love Lisa, but for totally different reasons. I love her energy (although I don't think that is something people can aspire to; You are either born with it or you aren't). She got my dose and probably that of many others.

In addition, I absolutely love that she is making her own way in the world. My one disappointment with this series is that with the exception of Lisa, these women are living off their men. Yes, even NeNe. At least with the other shows, a good chunk of the women are doing something on their own. I'd like to see this group do that. I cut NeNe slack because it seems she at least she seems to get it a little better than the others.

I agree with most of your post. I don't see a married woman with children living off a man. I see her as working to handle her household. Kim& Sheree now they are living off a man.

I can't wait to see where these women will end up in a few years. Kim's relationship is really odd and I can't imagine it going anywhere. Will she be a big country star by then? I hope so for her and her kids sake because they are all spoiled. Sheree's ex and Lisa's husband are no longer in the NFL so they all better be watching their money. A few of the wives are into real estate and we all know how that market is going right about now. In fact, DeShawn as well- Eric won't be playing for too much longer and they look like they waste a lot of money.

I will say I like these women better than New York but they can't touch Orange County. Not even close.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3226254;
    I agree with most of your post. I don't see a married woman with children living off a man. I see her as working to handle her household. Kim& Sheree now they are living off a man.
    Keep in mind that I like DeShawn, but she doesn't run a household. She hires people to do it for her. NeNe may be running hers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3226444;
    Keep in mind that I like DeShawn, but she doesn't run a household. She hires people to do it for her. NeNe may be running hers, though.
    After reading some of the posts, DeShawn better learn how to run her own household after her husband is cut. Nene definitely has grown on me, she is funny but I wish she would think about a "breast lift". Also, does anyone know if Lisa is part Asian? She is striking. I really wish these gals would learn how to pronounce jewelry and ask correctly. It makes me cringe every time they say speak those words.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3226489;
    After reading some of the posts, DeShawn better learn how to run her own household after her husband is cut. Nene definitely has grown on me, she is funny but I wish she would think about a "breast lift". Also, does anyone know if Lisa is part Asian? She is striking. I really wish these gals would learn how to pronounce jewelry and ask correctly. It makes me cringe every time they say speak those words.
    I believe Lisa said she was part Japanese. I saw a speeding vio for Kim that shows she was born in 79 and her race is white/hispanic

+ Reply to Thread