+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1558Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I'm thinking that Phaedra probably got that information from her husband. It's the kind of thing that comes up when you talk about your childhood and your life at home. Food would be a natural subject, since a lot of comforting memories associated with it. I don't think there are lots of canned foods in prison, since the sharp can edges can be, easily, turned into weapons. Lord only knows they figure out how to turn things into cutting weapons that you never would think about; I can't see the prisons making things that easy for them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I wasn't talking about giving the prisoner canned goods, canned food at meal times.

Regardless, he's full of it, and she's delusional, almost as bad as the Salahi (sp) woman, if she thinks he can "gift" her. What's his job?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing it's being her arm candy. They seem to be on two totally different levels. She's more sophisticated (or is she wearing a really good mask that hides something "baser"---I swear it's a word !); he's very "street", and it shows.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4086086;
    Oscar winner Marlee Matlin
    Playmate of the year Hope Dworaczyk
    Former teen idol David Cassidy
    Singer Meatloaf
    Baseball star Jose Canseco
    Actress and reality star Lisa Rinna
    "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member NeNe Leakes
    Rapper Lil Jon
    Actor Gary Busey
    Country singer John Rich of Big & Rich
    Singer LaToya Jackson
    Singer Dionne Warwick
    TV personality Star Jones
    "Survivor" winner Richard Hatch
    Singer Mark McGrath from Sugar Ray
    Supermodel Niki Taylor

OMG - David Cassidy - the love of my adolescent life!!! I know this isn't the right thread to talk about this - but OMG this is a great mix. Gary Busey???? I can't see him lasting very long? Meatloaf - love him! Can't wait - I haven't watched the regular folk this year -can't get into it after last year's great Brett winning season!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4088027;
    OMG - David Cassidy - the love of my adolescent life!!! I know this isn't the right thread to talk about this - but OMG this is a great mix. Gary Busey???? I can't see him lasting very long? Meatloaf - love him! Can't wait - I haven't watched the regular folk this year -can't get into it after last year's great Brett winning season!
    Wrong thread. Let's keep chatter to these crazy ladies, please.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;4086277;
    Was it only me (or maybe the Nyquil) seeing things or does that lawyer wear way too much sparkly eye shadow???
    I think Phake-ra (as NoNo calls her) wears stuff on her eyelids that's cut-to-shape, crack-and-peel sparklies the kids are using for Halloween decorations.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;4088109;
    Wrong thread. Let's keep chatter to these crazy ladies, please.

It was brought up here because one of the "crazy ladies" is involved.

Don't be fooled.
    Sheree just seems nicer now because she's not upset about anything. She is who she is and she hasn't changed.

Phaedra's sophisticated act is laughable.
    You can learn all the rules of proper society and still not get it right. You can have lots and lots of money and still not get it right.

I resent her saying that white households serve canned food and packed meat just as much as she would resent me making disparaging generalities about black households.:nono

I liked Nene talking to her youngest son. It was a good talk and very appropriate.

Kim keeps the name "Blonde Bimbo" going strong, not to mention, Dumb Blonde.

Whichever poster said that Kandi needs to learn to say No to Kim is exactly right.

So far don't like the model, Cynthia. I liked her sensible intelligent sister instead. Cynthia brings up the topic of her desirablity too much. We get it. She's beautiful...men like her...get over it.

FORT Fogey

I was thinking about the custody battle that will ensue when Phaedra and her husband divorce (and based on what I saw, it's only a matter of time)....

Phaedra may be educated with a relatively successful career, but the ex-conn would likely be a much better parent.

I'd like to see how a judge would rule on this one...All the credentials in the world don't make a person a good person. In fact, those that make mistakes and learn from them may be better off in that regard.

####

Who knows about NeNe, but what I heard is that she admits making parental mistakes with her first child and is working to not repeat them with her second. I was really impressed when he and NeNe were at the park and the little boy says that Player needs kisses too. It's clear he has a very gentle and kind soul - which has to come from somewhere.

And, I love how NeNe showered him with kisses. He was passing that on to the pooch. There does seem to be real and genuine love in NeNe's heart. She's gone up and down for me over the seasons, but she's definately on the up side of things lately. I hope she doesn't blow it for me...

###

What is with Kim screaming all the time? It's obnoxious as he#$.

I now fast-forward through any scene that features Phaedra. Her phoniness and pronouncements were mildly amusing until she proclaimed that her husband's lack of couth and refinement is due to his being raised in a white household rather than in a genteel Southern home such as hers.

My mostly white family is evenly split between NJ & Tennessee. I was lucky enough to grow up sharing in many different cultures -- European, African, Asian, Native & permutations of all kinds. It would never, in a million years, occur to me to make such a sweeping generalization along race, geographic or any other lines.

I get that she's the polarizing cast member but while I find the others entertaining, I find her to be a pretentious bore.

+ Reply to Thread