+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 406 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Like Tree1380Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

DeShawn really tanked. She really can't be that naive to think everyone would donate something if they have the disposable income. She should have charged folks money to get it, and maybe turned the event into an entire weekend of festivities. One million bucks in one night? Yeah right! Surely, someone had to tell DeShawn she wasn't planning it the right way, but she probably ignored them.

Let's do the simple math. If 1,500 people went to the shindig, each of them would have to donate $660+ to make that one-million buck goal. If she charged $250 a head, then maybe...but come on!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3225053;
    I felt embarrassed for DeShawn. Didn't she say that she had tried to throw this charity thing together in just a couple of weeks? Her inexperience came back to bite her in the booty, and it doesn't sound like she recruited somebody with experience in fund raising to show her how, exactly, to go about doing what she wanted to do. Haste makes waste, DeShawn. :nono And why didn't NeNe at least mention to her "friend" what she had been told about charging for admission? I think a true friend would have said something, but NeNe was going to be in the spotlight, so that was her incentive.

4 of the ladies, minus DeShawn, were on Tyra Banks' show the other day...interestingly, I never watch Tyra's show, but just happened to hear that they were going to be on....they said that the show was shot 9 months ago. I also noticed that NeNe and Sheree sat at distances from each other, and there was no interaction/crosstalk between them.

And I don't quite know what to make of the adoration that Kim has for Sheree. These relationships just seem so superficial in my mind; they're all about "stuff"....and they seem shallow and boring. Lisa Hartwell (?) seems like the only person that I could even slightly tolerate for longer that just a few minutes.
    I think if Nene 's stylist had been throwing this event it would have raised some serious cash.

I Lisa and her husband remind me of the couples I am friends with. We have just spur of the moment gathering that normally are fun and last to the wee hours. Nene is one of my fave's.

FORT Newbie

DeShawn, DeShawn, DeShawn. She seems like someone who grew up watching soap operas and wants to emulate what she thinks a socialite does. From the way she talks, the governess, the 3 hours to design a multi-million dollar house, I want to raise a million dollars in one night and I only need 2 weeks to plan this.

I was uncomfortable watching that show, but she held it together for the camera. I think I would have tried to PAY Bravo not to air that.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3225476;
    DeShawn really tanked. She really can't be that naive to think everyone would donate something if they have the disposable income. She should have charged folks money to get it, and maybe turned the event into an entire weekend of festivities. One million bucks in one night? Yeah right! Surely, someone had to tell DeShawn she wasn't planning it the right way, but she probably ignored them.

Let's do the simple math. If 1,500 people went to the shindig, each of them would have to donate $660+ to make that one-million buck goal. If she charged $250 a head, then maybe...but come on!
    She could have EASILY raised a million dollars for her foundation if that was what she wanted. And that's the way to do it...CHARGE 'EM.

The wine and food is in appreciation of their support. So if she had 1500 people there, only 12 people would give through the auction. So the other 1,488 people would have to buy jimmy choos or diamonds in order to give?

She should have given every body an envelope when they entered and she should have been at the door receiving the envelope and thanking them for coming.

I found a few videos about the foundation on youtube which makes me think that the editing is a bit unfavorable towards her. When she kept saying I want to take my program nationwide, she sounded reminiscent of miss "I want to be a big country singer".

When she said a night under the stars I thought that she meant the stars in the sky.

Well, she's redistributing their wealth: $30,000 in and $30,000 out to local businesses.

Excuse my language but if it's for the kids, she should have been pimping the kids. Maybe she did talk more about what the foundation does and it just wasn't shown....nah.

I wonder if Kim donated any cash. Buying jury doesn't count.

And nobody has commented on Lisa's husbands speedo video?

Oh I did comment on it. That was some video and Lisa is one lucky woman.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He did work that Speedo very nicely! And I usually don't like Speedos.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Count Your Blessings lakergirl1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvwatcher;3225565;
    I wonder if Kim donated any cash. Buying jury doesn't count.

And nobody has commented on Lisa's husbands speedo video?
    I believe a portion of the jewelry or 'jewry' sales went to the foundation. So, I thought it was nice of Kim to buy the bracelet- I didn't see any of the other housewives buying anything.

Lisa's husbands backside was a lil too womanly for me. But he seems really cool.
    Everyday is a Blessing!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have to admit that I don't see many women with muscled backsides like what he was sporting!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tvwatcher;3225565;
    DeShawn, DeShawn, DeShawn. She seems like someone who grew up watching soap operas and wants to emulate what she thinks a socialite does. From the way she talks, the governess, the 3 hours to design a multi-million dollar house, I want to raise a million dollars in one night and I only need 2 weeks to plan this.
    I agree.
    And I think NeNe may have mentioned Dwight's opinions to DeShawn, but she said once she gets her mind set on something, she just does it.

FORT Fan

I love NeNe, but anyone notice that something about her look just isn't right? She never looks fabulous. Her dresses are nice and expensive, they're just not flattering to her. And her weave color isn't flattering to her appearance either.

NeNe is not an ugly woman, but her style makes her look less pretty than she is.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3225750;
    I love NeNe, but anyone notice that something about her look just isn't right? She never looks fabulous. Her dresses are nice and expensive, they're just not flattering to her. And her weave color isn't flattering to her appearance either.

NeNe is not an ugly woman, but her style makes her look less pretty than she is.
    I like Nene too. I think she looks more sophisticated when she wears clothes that cover her up more and are not so tight. Like the dress she wore on the TV show, she looked good. She looks kind of cheap in the scenes where the 'girls' are hanging out. I think she would look better with black hair too.

+ Reply to Thread