+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1361Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Article is 6 pages long, just putting Real Housewives parts:

Talking Points: Kandi Burruss On Faking For Cameras, Dating Willis McGahey, Tiny's Arrest

On What To Expect On Real Housewives Of Atlanta This Season

"This year youíll see me finishing up my album and going on a promo tour with Kim [Zolciak]. Weíre actually gonna do this bus tour, which is gonna end up being a crazy situation [Laughs]. I donít really know what all they're actually gonna show because we donít get to see it until it comes out, but I know a lot of stuff that I taped was like, now with my daughter, her father is starting to come back in her life. Heís not in any of the footage, but I know they catch me talking about that and you will see my dad. We have a conversation, and I wasnít necessary really close close with my own father. And I was talking about the fact that I would like to be closer to him. I got back in the studio with KimÖ again. ďTardy For The PartyĒ did really well, but I didnít really benefit off of it financially. Kim really did, so I think thatís something else we talk about on the show too. There's not any tension. Weíre cool, but itís just business needs to be discussed going in the future. And also, I got in the studio with one of the people thatís constantly on the showóLawrence. the one that hangs out with Sheree."

On The New Castmate Phaedra Parks Being Called Bourgie

"I think Phaedraís cool. I knew her before she got on the show. We werenít close or anything, but I knew her. Sheís a real cool person; I think sheís hilarious really. She is funny and the thing Iíve been hearing is that she seems a little bourgie compared to everybody else. Itís funny because itís not like a stuck-up girl bourgie; Itís a Southern belle type. [Laughs] Itís totally different. I canít even explain to you. Youíll just have to see for yourself. ĎCause I know what people kinda say about Sheree and they be feeling like she's kinda snooty sometimes, but itís totally different. Itís real Southern. Like, textbook Southern [Laughs]."

On Lisa Wu-Hartwell's Comments On Faking For The Camera

"Itís not like faking things for the camera. For instance, theyíll have ďpick-upĒ scenes. If Kim and I were talking about something or something happened between Kim and I, right? Well then they may have set-up for Kim to have lunch with one of the other girls so that they can discuss it. Basically, so you can get the background information on whatever happened. So you can explain it. But they donít tell you what to say or anything like that. Theyíll just be like, ĎUm, well we wanna know more about what happened when you said what you said about Kimí or whatever. Or 'Can you go to lunch with Phaedraí or something. And then youíll go to lunch with Phaedra to talk about whatever situation happened. I donít know what [Lisa's] personal experiences were. I didnít have a lot of things that they wanted me to fake per se, but I donít know whatís her situation. Maybe if you donít have a lot going on for them to show, maybe they want you to come up with stuff."

On Her Relationship With Castmates Off Camera

"Kim and I actually go on family vacations together and all kinda stuff. [This summer] we went to the Bahamas together, and thatís actually our third time going. Last year, our first trip, we went to the Bahamas because Hannah Montana was performing out there and we wanted to take our daughters, and it was both of our birthday weekends. So we went out there and we had a blast and then she talked me into going for Christmas, so I took my mom and my daughter. Then this year, after the season was over, we went again. I was supposed to be going somewhere else, but she talked me into again because Sheree had planned to be out there that same week, so we all went and had fun."

On Dating Willie McGahey And Her Vow Of Celibacy

"Willis and I are friends. We cool, but I canít really go into the situation because they donít wanna tell you anything about anything thatís going on in the show in the future. But he and I are friends. Thatís pretty much all I can say. Itís not what everybodyís trying to make it seem. But heís cool people."

"One thing that I will say, especially during this whole not-having-sex thing, is I definitely feel like it gives you time to really really get to know the person and to just have fun with the person. It forces you to not let things get too serious too fast, because sometimes when you cross the line early and it turns into a sexual relationship, you get blinded into believing that you just crazy about that person. All of a sudden, you want it to go into him being your man or you being his girl quickly, but if you donít bring sex into the situation too soon, you really get to pace yourself and get to just date. And for real, for real date. Like, ĎYou need to come pick me up and plan some stuff.í I noticed that for the longest I donít think I really dated. Where heís really coming to pick you up and planning things. Guys donít really plan things anymore. Itís more so, ĎHey, you wanna meet me up at the such and such.í [Laughs] But if they really wanna be with you and get to know you, they goní go out they way for what they want."

On Her Upcoming Album & Working With Ne-Yo

"Weíre done really. Itís going into mastering now and thatís it really. I worked with Ne-Yo. Heís actually gonna be on this coming episode. I worked with Bryan Micheal-Cox. Um, J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, Jazze Pha. The thing about going into the session with Ne-Yo is I didnít know if heíd wanna collaborate or if he just wanted to write himself. Of course, I write most of my own stuff. Iím with Warner Bros. [Records] now and the A&R for my project was like, ĎI want you to get in the studio with Ne-Yo,í and I was thinking I love Ne-Yo, but at the same time, how is this going to work? So when I went in with him, he was real cool. He was real open like, ĎNah, letís collaborate. I want us to collaborate,í so we actually did two songs. I held back because whatís the point doing a session with Ne-Yo if you donít let Ne-Yo do what Ne-Yo do? I wanted it to be mostly his imput and his vibe because that was the point in getting a Ne-Yo record. We did two and kept oneóthis song called ďMe And You.Ē Itís really dope. We took the ďElevatorsĒ beat from Outkast. Itís crazy. I so wanna put a snippet on my site for people to hear it because hearing me singing it in the booth itís not doing it any justice on the show. You really canít hear it for real, for real. But when you hear the record, the record is crazy."

On Why She Continues Doing Reality TV

"It definitely ended up being a good business move. When I first did it, I didnít go into it with any type of plan or intention. I just was doing something because they approached me and it seemed to be cool. But after I seen it, it definitely does have a lot of impact, as far as your influence. Itís amazing how many people really watch the show and really follow everything youíre doing. And because of that, theyíll support you. They wanna know whatís going on in your music. They wanna know whatís going on with other things that youíre trying to have going on, so thatís why I wanted to do it one more year. Because obviously with me doing the album, it just made sense. I definitely can do without al l the negative that comes from it, but hey, the bad comes with the good and vice versa.

"I always felt I had tough skin, but I really feel like that now. You just have to be able to not care what people say and what people think. And I definitely feel like Iíve grown as far as not responding. Your first mind wants to respond to everything everybody got to say because itís not true, but now itís gotten to the point where I realize the best thing to do is not respond half the time. I canít say that I would want to be doing reality TV forever. Thatís not really my goal in life. And I donít wanna be known to be a reality TV star, but if thatís helping with my other business moves then okay. Iíll take it."

Talking Points: Kandi Burruss On Faking For Cameras, Dating Willis McGahey, Tiny's Arrest | VIBE

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4079199;
    while i agree w kandi being boring, her butt is the same siza as last season. as far as it being plump, she's a black woman . . . .
    Um. And... white women don't have butts the size of Montana? Probably not on this show, but you should ride the same subway I do. Most of the women whose butts require the entire bench seat are white. Keep on supersizing, America!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

RHOA's first epi this season was good; even NoNo had a well reasoned reproach for her eldest son. ShaRay and Skim might need new names, they were so nearly likeable this week! I hope Skim reconsiders and forks over some $$$ to Kandi, without whom Skim would have no Party.

The model seemed, well, can I say it, nice! Sorry but I think Phaedra is a phony, not the go-to lawyer for high profile cases, as she would have us believe; she's a street lawyer, but that makes good money too, so she might not be as Phake as I originally thought.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that Kandi is going to have to hurt Kim's rude-A feelings over this music stuff. Kim thinks she is an A-lister. I can hardly wait!

NutNut's lecture to her son reminds me of the kind of talk that I would have with my son. I was even able to say some of the lines with her! Our kids can just be soooo entitled that it is ridiculous.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Glad to read that it seems as if Kandi made sure she's getting paid on the other projects she did with that train wreck Kim. Would not trust the "friendship" for a moment of a person who first agrees to do something 50/50 with you and then speaks to a greedy lawyer who says to keep it all for yourself. Very kind and classy of Kandi not to turn it into a brawl and to recognize that a Big Poppa-less Kim probably really needed that money.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4082721;
    Um. And... white women don't have butts the size of Montana? Probably not on this show, but you should ride the same subway I do. Most of the women whose butts require the entire bench seat are white. Keep on supersizing, America!
    What's the obesity rate in this country? Something like 56%? It doesn't matter what color one's skin is...this is a country of mostly fat people. It's embarrassing that people idulge to the point of obesity when the rest of the world - and many parts of our own country - can't afford food at all.

It's natural, I suppose, given all the crap out there, but it is also offensive and selfish.

And I say this as a person who struggles with overeating herself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4082742;
    RHOA's first epi this season was good; even NoNo had a well reasoned reproach for her eldest son. ShaRay and Skim might need new names, they were so nearly likeable this week! I hope Skim reconsiders and forks over some $$$ to Kandi, without whom Skim would have no Party.

The model seemed, well, can I say it, nice! Sorry but I think Phaedra is a phony, not the go-to lawyer for high profile cases, as she would have us believe; she's a street lawyer, but that makes good money too, so she might not be as Phake as I originally thought.
    ITA!! It was kind of bizzarre, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4082957;
    What's the obesity rate in this country? Something like 56%? It doesn't matter what color one's skin is...this is a country of mostly fat people. It's embarrassing that people idulge to the point of obesity when the rest of the world - and many parts of our own country - can't afford food at all.

It's natural, I suppose, given all the crap out there, but it is also offensive and selfish.

And I say this as a person who struggles with overeating herself.
    Sometimes it's not a question of how much you eat, but a question of what you eat. Too many quick and unhealthy options in the country, sometimes at a much cheaper cost than the healthy options. The old saying of "you are what you eat" has never been more true than it is in this day and age.

As for the show, Sheree was a bit more likeable this episode. After judging her date so harshly in the beginning, when she let herself go to have fun she asked him on the second date. I thought that was nice.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-12-2010 at 11:05 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4082973;
    Sometimes it's not a question of how much you eat, but a question of what you eat. Too many quick and unhealthy options in the country, sometimes at a much cheaper cost than the healthy options. The old saying of "you are what you eat" has never been more true than it is in this day and age.

As for the show, Sheree was a bit more likeable this episode. After judging her date so harshly in the beginning, when she let herself go to have fun she asked him on the second date. I thought that was nice.
    ITA.
    Sheree in the begining of her blind date was her normal superior, elitist self but it was really nice to see her become more open to different things and actually enjoy herself doing something she was sure she would hate, such as the type of place it was, the dancing, etc.
    If Sheree can become a nice person, maybe there's finally hope for peace on earth!!

I guess I started the fat thing here. Everyone except the new model RH looks like they've gained weight-- And the Phade person of course is carrying a baby-- some of us know how miserable that is.

Many of us normal people sometimes struggle with weight issues. I'm on a skinny run now, maybe that's why I noticed how chubbers the RHOA are getting. Look, these women present themselves as the epitome of Look At Me I'm Special, so I think it's fair to notice that They Are Not Special. I know I'm very critical of them, but hey, they put themselves out there saying they're, as NoNo intones, The Joneses, she thinks we want to be like the RH. So, IMO they better start looking and acting like what we want to be or I'll keep noticing they're not.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread