+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;4079949;
    I adore Kandi, but you are right about this. I get why some people call her boring, but I like her spirit. Still, she does go with the losers, doesn't she?

Other than this, I think she's pretty grounded and not rude or offensive which I like.
    Maybe it''s rebound, her way of dealing with grief...knowingly or unknowingly.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

If Kandi stays "boring" she'll be doing herself a huge favor. She comes out with some very funny remarks, and I think she's entertaining; I like her. And I love her hair, I think it fits her spirited personality. Please Kandi, don't let them drag you down!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;4081834;
    If Kandi stays "boring" she'll be doing herself a huge favor. She comes out with some very funny remarks, and I think she's entertaining; I like her. And I love her hair, I think it fits her spirited personality. Please Kandi, don't let them drag you down!

I love Kandi and her hair style, but I hate the color! It's not flattering at all...

That's what I've been fighting with as well. Wasn't sure if it was the hair or the color. The hair is very similar to styles she's had in the past, so it MUST be the color. It's very distracting.

I hate that she didn't make any money off of "Tardy for the party". Was surprised to hear her say that. Now Kim wants to drag her off for a big performance. I hope she does not allow her to use her once again.

I'm glad Nene read her son the riot act. Hope she stands by her decision to stay tough with that young man. He certainly needs it.

For as much as she works my nerves, she does have her moments.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-11-2010 at 09:39 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I am watching tonight's episode right now. I just gained a little bit of respect for NeNe just now. I am pretty sure I will lose it back if she and Dwight are in the same room later though

Nene Leakes just earned back some respect for me in her lecture to her son. I hope she meant it.

Yup, I had just edited my post to say that. Rarely do you see a parent on one of these shows remind their child who pays the bills and who runs things in their household.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

NeNe - Exercised some tough love. She's too black and white with things I think, but otherwise, good for her! I think she and Kandi are the smartest of the Atlanta wives (can't figure out why NeNe's son is such a dolt). Liked her original nose better. She seems to be evolving in a good way.

Kim - Looks like she had some face work done...and not for the better. She's a snake and should have turned over some cash to Kandi. The only one Kim genuinely cares for is NeNe and only because they both thrive in drama. I agree with the post above about how disgusting her daughter looked eating ice cream. I'm not sure why a) Kim didn't tell her not to talk with her mouth open and b) Bravo chose to film a young girl doing that (I imagine she'll hear about it at school)

Sheree - I've never been a big Sheree fan, but I don't wish her ill-will. She is also evolving and hopefully she finds something to be successful at in life. Loved her line about being a white girl stuck in a black girl's body. Her upittiness is something to behold.

Kandi - Adore her. Seems like what she said may be true though....she has more success writing songs rather than performing them. I'm glad Ne-Yo was blunt about it. Sometimes you have to accept bad news. I'm reminded of Jay-Z's backup singer, Bridget Kelly, for the song Empire State of Mind. I prefer her to Alisha Keys (although Alisha is very good too), but to break out of the back-up singer role appears to be difficult for her. She may, for whatever reason, be stuck there. The challenge is to make the best of it. I hope Kandi finds the success she wants - and if not, then I hope she capitalizes on her skill as a songwriter.

Super model and lawyer - TBD. It's clear they aren't what they may have been in the past.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-12-2010 at 12:25 AM.

I like Kandi's hair and I like how she changes it a lot. She's so pretty, her personality is so upbeat and in her profession, she can pull off wearing different and very avant gaurde styles.
    Shame on Kim for not sharing record $$ with Kandi but not surprising given what we know about Kim.
    I, too, hope Nene follows through with what she told her son, for her son's sake and future.
    In tonight's episode, I didn't hate Sheree as much as I usually do. I also laughed hearing her describe her dancing ability.

I was also impressed with Dwight, apologizing to Nene. I don't think he felt he was completely wrong in the whole situation but it seems like he knew that nothing he could say, except I"m sorry, would end this with Nene. They both were right and they both were wrong about different things but he definitely took the high road and quickly extinguished Nene's fire. She really only wanted validation that he cared about her and their friendship.
    Funny though that neither one suggested that maybe it was Kim who lied, trying to start some drama.

Nene earned some props with me for how she dealt with her son. I hope she stays on him and he straightens up his act. I'm also glad she made up with Dwight. They were always so funny together.
    Sheree and Kim aren't bothering me as much season, but it's early yet.
    I like Kandi and I like her hair. It suits her.
    I'm not sure how I feel about the two new ladies yet. The lawyer seems snobby and the model is beautiful. I wonder what she sees in that older man? I wonder if he has alot of money?

+ Reply to Thread