+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1392Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3970984;
    I wonder if the trend of pro-athletes cheating is due to the trend of pro-athletes' wives being gold-diggers? Hmm.... I figure you'd have to be really great and supportive if your husband was a pro-athlete, but if it were me, I don't know if I would able to help being a little suspicious too, considering all the gold diggers and fame wh*res out there.
    It definitely is not a "trend." It's been going on since the beginning of time. Womanizing from Babe Ruth to Steve Garvey to ..................

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3988839;
    It definitely is not a "trend." It's been going on since the beginning of time. Womanizing from Babe Ruth to Steve Garvey to ..................
    And the average Joe.

Just to clarify, I'm not offended by the word gold diggers. My daughter went to the Espy awards with her boyfriend and dad, and she said the diggers were out in full force. It's so pitiful.

I too was married in the Catholic church, but I'll be darned if I was staying with a cheater.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by canuck;3988839;
    At least as far back as the bible: David and Bathsheba, Sampson and Delilah... There will always be women who want men for their power and money. Oldest story in the book.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 07-18-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And men who have no interest in saying the word, "No."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Power and money are a pretty good selling point.

What irks me is that guys, usually from women, usually get a pass on not using one of the first words that they learn, "No!", and the lions' share of infedelity is place on the women...disproportionately. Guys have free will, too. I think more blame should be placed on the men who are in relationships for betraying that relationship.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Really? That's not how I see it. I think that the blame almost always goes to the male and the OTHER woman. And I think a lot of the blame should go to the other woman, at least if she knew he was married, knew his marriage was struggling, etc.

Who do you think owes more allegiance to the wife....her husband or the other woman?

FORT Fogey

Obviously her husband, but I'm just saying, the other woman shouldn't get a free pass either.

Yes, that's correct. Adultery is grounds for divorce even in the Bible....it is pretty much the only thing that makes for an exception. But of course I guess you could stretch that to mean emotional cheating, but it's clearly not meant that way. It's all about protection and guarding yourself from getting yourself in over your head. Keeping it simple. Not meant to punish, just to protect.

+ Reply to Thread