+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1361Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

I attended MSU, before the Snows, and yes they were college sweethearts, and she's been in the mix from the beginning, but also as an ex-NBA wife, I know all of us are/were not diggers. Of course I knew who my ex was, but by name only from the press. Also, I know DeShawn is a Christian, but it should never be a surprise to any woman. God will give her strength to survive, and she will survive.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

What a complete jerk! I'm so glad that Deshawn wasn't signed for another season of the show so that she would be seen going through all of this, however, I'm sure Bravo is hopping mad they let her go now. What a missed opportunity for them to witness someone's misery first hand.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

chitex: I apologize for my wording, and for offending you. Let me rephrase to what I actually meant: "She is not the gold digger that other RHs are in the series." By that I mean Kim, Nene, Sheree, Laurie, Gretchen ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3970837;
    chitex: I apologize for my wording, and for offending you. Let me rephrase to what I actually meant: "She is not the gold digger that other RHs are in the series." By that I mean Kim, Nene, Sheree, Laurie, Gretchen ...

Oh, no I wasn't offended, as many of these women are diggers, but alot of us not. Many of us "old school wives" are offended by this new generation of pro athletes "wives". I have a daughter engaged to a pro athlete now, and the things she tells me are unreal. No offense taken!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

I wonder if the trend of pro-athletes cheating is due to the trend of pro-athletes' wives being gold-diggers? Hmm.... I figure you'd have to be really great and supportive if your husband was a pro-athlete, but if it were me, I don't know if I would able to help being a little suspicious too, considering all the gold diggers and fame wh*res out there.

FORT Fogey

Funny:

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3970984;
    I wonder if the trend of pro-athletes cheating is due to the trend of pro-athletes' wives being gold-diggers? Hmm....
    and, the flip side:

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3970291;
    ...as an ex-NBA wife, I know all of us are/were not diggers.
    So true:

...it should never be a surprise to any woman....
    I don't know all the rules of Christianity....it's wrong to get a divorce but ok to stay with - and condone (either verbally or by lack of action) a disloyal spouse?

I liked DeShawn, but her lifestyle was over the top and completely offensive - probably one of the most offensive I've seen on all the RH shows. As nice and as sweet as she seemed, there was a lot of "me" and "greed" going on there. ALOT. Still, I hope she gets a decent settlement. My biggest issues are with the kids. I hope they do ok.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-09-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3971812;

I liked DeShawn, but her lifestyle was over the top and completely offensive - probably one of the most offensive I've seen on all the RH shows.

DeShawn was one of the least offensive to me. I find of the boozing, fighting, lying, cheating much, much more offensive.

FORT Fan

In case you haven't seen it already, here's a link to Nene's news reports.

Whaddya think?

Keepin' it Real with NeNe | 11Alive News | 11Alive.com

I don't know all the rules of Christianity....it's wrong to get a divorce but ok to stay with - and condone (either verbally or by lack of action) a disloyal spouse?
    According to the catholic church it is. I stood with an abusive alcoholic for 25 years. I was flat-out told how wrong I was to file when I did. I stopped going to church after that. I'm sorry but I wasn't going to be a martyar to the catholic church anymore.
    I had to take my mother last week though & I thought I was going to burst into flames the moment I stepped into the church. Surprisingly I didn't so maybe GOD doesn't have as much of an issue with me as the priest did.

But seriously...Eric cheated on DeShawn with THAT????

FORT Fogey

Ahhh I think I misspoke. I guess I meant that the trends of pros cheating and gold diggers are cyclic. Like, the NBA-er cheats with the gold digger, marries her, she's not supportive emotionally cuz she was just after his money, and he cheats again. Seems like there are more gold-diggers than ever before, and now since pro-athletes often get their own TV show or commercials or ad campaigns, that makes them more appealing to the fame whore types. Does any of that make sense??

I truly apologize if it came off like I was saying all NBA wives or pro athlete's wives were gold diggers, that's really not what I meant!

I'm under the impression it changes with every denomination. Some don't have a problem with divorce, and some do.

I was also under the impression that adultery was grounds for an annulment, which is condoned by Catholicism at least, correct?

I liked DeShawn, but her lifestyle was over the top and completely offensive - probably one of the most offensive I've seen on all the RH shows. As nice and as sweet as she seemed, there was a lot of "me" and "greed" going on there. ALOT. Still, I hope she gets a decent settlement. My biggest issues are with the kids. I hope they do ok.

Yeah I remember that about her. I remember the first episode she was talking about how she had maids and chefs and nannies. And I remember thinking, Okay, that's great, but you don't have a job? So what do you do all day? I always tend to be turned off by people who have tons and tons of help just to run their house family - especially full-time nannies. I don't know what it is. I just feel like, if you're home, and your kids are home, you should be with them. Even if they're in the other room watching TV while you do whatever it is you're doing... so at least they know you're available.

+ Reply to Thread