+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 418 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree1590Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fan

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by MissNomer;3221913;
    Perhaps that's 29 dog years! The camera is N.O.T. your friend, Kimmy!

Maybe this isn't really a reality show after all. Maybe it's a new genre.....a HARSH reality show! Starring Every-Day-Is-Christmas-Kimmy! And that whole church scene was disturbing. It didn't belong and felt contrived. Even the pretend banter with the Pastor was strained. Sometimes she looked like she was sitting alone and sometimes she looked like she was part of the congregation. They must have filmed those shots after church let out and shoved the shots in between the originals. The editing of this show gives out the 'embarrass you in your own home' vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3221743;
    Who can say their way of pronouncing words is the correct way? It's all part of the territory of which you were raised. You think you have perfect dictions until to travel to Canada or England and discover that nobody understands your proper diction. I live in Texas and some people pronounce the month of February and Febrary or road and roaded.

I don't think Kim can sing at all because Dallas was sure pushing that vocal coach on her. I think Dallas is just apeasing her because he probably owes "Big Poppa" a favor. And another thing,this "Big Poppa" guy that dont' want to be seen on TV is probably married. Does this girl even work?? What a positive example she is setting for her kids. And is it me or does that Sherrice (I'm beautiful and rich so everyone needs to bow down to me) girl looks very manly??

NeNe is a hoot. I like how she keeps it real.
    There is a standard American English Speech that is preferred no matter what part of the country you come from. Actors from Boston or Queens or the deep south or southwest or North Dakota/Minnesota all may speak with regional dialects. But to succeed in "show biz" they have to speak Standard American English. The best description of this would be Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area. Listen to all newscasters, they work years to get rid of regional accents and just speak a clear concise style. Some people may say roded for rode or Febuary for February, or Liberry for library but just because they say it that way doesn't make it correct.

Kim may well be only 29. I have a co worker that smoked like a house on fire and drinks also. The woman looked 10 years older than she was. Once she stopped drinking and smoking her skin cleared up and she no longer looks so old.

I am going to believe in Deshawn and her charity until I have solid proof that says otherwise. As someone who does contribute to my own community and volunteer I am all for her and her efforts. there are so many people that sit back and do nothing for those who are less fortunate but criticize and ridicule. Deshawn is doing something so that's a good thing.

FORT Fan

[QUOTE=MsDiva2007;3221965
    I am going to believe in Deshawn and her charity until I have solid proof that says otherwise. [/QUOTE]

When NBA and NFL players start making cash, their financial advisors tell them they MUST start a charity to get the best tax breaks. It seems to me like DeShawn's husband obviously handed that responsibility onto her. Maybe he asked her what type of charity she'd like to create and she created it. It keeps her busy.

Am I the only person who thought WTF when DeShawn got pissy about the interviewees not googling her? Come on! Who the heck is she?

About that Google thing...I'd be FREAKED out if somebody came to an interview with me and said "I've done some investigating and you have this, this and this." I can't believe that was a problem to her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I have learned is that it is important to learn about the company/person you are interviewing with. It's not unheard of for the interviewer to find out if you have done your homework. There is no need to sound stalkerish, but it is impressive when they know that you have put forth some effort in learning easily/readily available information about their company. Could make the difference between YOU getting the job, and the job going to someone else. Shows interest!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3222315;
    What I have learned is that it is important to learn about the company/person you are interviewing with. It's not unheard of for the interviewer to find out if you have done your homework. There is no need to sound stalkerish, but it is impressive when they know that you have put forth some effort in learning easily/readily available information about their company. Could make the difference between YOU getting the job, and the job going to someone else. Shows interest!
    Spoken like an employed person! You are right on the money. Do your research people!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3221962;
    There is a standard American English Speech that is preferred no matter what part of the country you come from. Actors from Boston or Queens or the deep south or southwest or North Dakota/Minnesota all may speak with regional dialects. But to succeed in "show biz" they have to speak Standard American English. The best description of this would be Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin area. Listen to all newscasters, they work years to get rid of regional accents and just speak a clear concise style. Some people may say roded for rode or Febuary for February, or Liberry for library but just because they say it that way doesn't make it correct.
    But you are talking about a bunch of Southern Belles.....in their eyes, they are speaking perfect dictions This is a reality show right???????

FORT Fogey

I felt bad for DeShawn and even worse for the people whose items weren't bid on. She is kind of dim, I think, and her husband is not much better. Her heart is in the right place, though.

While boosting self-esteem is always a worthwhile endeavor, it is too gray to expect support.

+ Reply to Thread