+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1590Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3740010;
    I know--...... I also don't know if part 2 is worth it--looks like we will be subjected to Kim singing.
    Hmmm... singing might be a misnomer here. Skim opens her maw and sound comes out. Synthesizers and all that other computer stuff --- did anyone notice the super voice-changing setup Kandi's producers used for Skim?--- well, it takes the noise out of her mouth and turns it into something that resembles singing. Skim could be blowing on a kazoo for that matter, and they'd make it sound reasonable.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fan

I haven't had a chance to watch the reunion, but I just wanted to comment that on the local morning program today, they did a whole dance sequence to "Tardy for the Party".... it was 6:45am, WAY too early for Skims lame attempt at singing. And now the song won't get out of my head. Someone please help me!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love Andy Cohen's show. Whereas he IS the host, he also has to respect the people who come on his show as guests, and treat them as such. Politeness is important, or he'd be stuck with nobody wanting to come on his show. I, honestly, think that the RHOA crew had to agree to behave themselves because if they didn't, I could see that whole group getting totally out of control. It was definitely forced, though. I think they know themselves pretty well.

I think that Sheree produces more testosterone that most women do. I think you can look at her musculature and see that. While women produce only a fraction of what men do, I'm sure some of us run a little higher than others.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3739949;
    Actually, Kandi and Andy discussed this on his live show after the reunion. I don't remember who brought it up but it was mentioned that Kim and NeNe had made a pact before the taping to not bring up anything ugly about each other.
    Both Andy and Kandi mentioned they suspected Kim and NeNe of having an arrangement, but didn't know for sure.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;3740010;
    I also don't know if part 2 is worth it--looks like we will be subjected to Kim singing.
    In an Essence.com interview, Kandi mentioned she will be performing, "Fly Above," on the show, too.

I'm wondering why Kim and Nene , all of a sudden, care about how they come off on TV. Why make an agreement at this point in the game? (of course we don't know if they really did or not) Hasn't behaving badly gotten them their 15 minutes of fame? Why are they suddenly concerned about how they look to the fans? I've been wondering about this and would just like to here some of your opinions.

Any truth to the rumor that Khandi is pregnant?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3740567;
    Any truth to the rumor that Khandi is pregnant?
    Kandi denied the pregnancy rumors in an Oct. 28 Essence.com interview:

Kandi Burruss Denies Pregnancy Rumors
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 | 6:06 PM
    by Kenya N. Byrd

The blogosphere has been reporting that "The Real Housewives of Atlanta's" Kandi Burruss is pregnant. Although her rep released a statement yesterday denying it, Burruss spoke to ESSENCE.com exclusively about the pregnancy rumors.

"That is such bull! Do people get up every morning and just decide to make up stories and lies? I'm like, Did I gain weight to make people think that? I don't understand it," Burruss told ESSENCE.com. "It's just hilarious how people will believe everything they read. Someone called me the other day and I didn't give any more thought to the rumor because I'm like who would believe that, especially if the news didn't come directly from me? So for the record, I am not pregnant with A.J.'s child. I'm not pregnant with anybody's child."

On Thursday, October 29, the Grammy-winning singer and songwriter will appear on part one of a two-part reunion show for "The Real Housewives of Atlanta." To commemorate the occasion, Burruss will release an EP of five songs from her upcoming album, B.L.O.G. (B----- Love Online Gossip), which will include songs that played throughout the second season of the show including "Fly Above" as well as a couple of additional tunes.

"Since I'm pushing my album back indefinitely, I just wanted to give my fans a small token of appreciation and something to enjoy until the album drops," Burruss told ESSENCE.com. "I hope they enjoy it because I appreciate the support and love they've shown me throughout the years and when I was going through a rough time."

Burruss, whose fiance was killed during a street brawl, recently opened the doors of her ATL boutique TAGS and plans to have a grand opening and ribbon cutting party in November.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;3740540;
    I'm wondering why Kim and Nene , all of a sudden, care about how they come off on TV. Why make an agreement at this point in the game? (of course we don't know if they really did or not) Hasn't behaving badly gotten them their 15 minutes of fame? Why are they suddenly concerned about how they look to the fans? I've been wondering about this and would just like to here some of your opinions.

I wonder if they wanted to keep the catfighting out of the reunion out of respect for Kandi?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3740978;
    I wonder if they wanted to keep the catfighting out of the reunion out of respect for Kandi?
    While a nice sentiment, I don't think that would have crossed their minds. I think it may be more along the lines of maybe Kim and NeNe have some serious dirt on each other and they made a pact to not air it.

+ Reply to Thread