+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 404 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
Like Tree1357Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3221603;
    I've noticed that more people, than not, cannot say "jewelry". A lot of people say, "jewl-ery", or "jury". Makes me crazy since it's just not that hard. And I hate the "aks" thing as opposed to "ask". I really browbeat the kids I tutor about saying, "aks", and they seem to get a kick out of it! We have pop quizzes all of the time on how to pronounce, "ask", and I make them repeat it until they get it right!!

And I can see how serious Kim is about a singing career by how much she smokes. NOT!

Amen! I was cringing every time I heard that last night. It sounds so unintelligent!

I also am starting to really like NeNe. She seems to be the most REAL as in what you see is what you get. That I can respect.

I was also going to post a question about if that was Kim's real hair or not. I swear with every show it looks more and more FAKE! Like there's a 1000 barbies somewhere with their heads shaved in order to make Kim her "piece." Stop piling on the hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Manerva;3221642;
    Amen! I was cringing every time I heard that last night. It sounds so unintelligent!

I also am starting to really like NeNe. She seems to be the most REAL as in what you see is what you get. That I can respect.

I was also going to post a question about if that was Kim's real hair or not. I swear with every show it looks more and more FAKE! Like there's a 1000 barbies somewhere with their heads shaved in order to make Kim her "piece." Stop piling on the hair!
    I think Kim is wearing a lot of extentions. that's got to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3221603;
    I've noticed that more people, than not, cannot say "jewelry". A lot of people say, "jewl-ery", or "jury". Makes me crazy since it's just not that hard. And I hate the "aks" thing as opposed to "ask". I really browbeat the kids I tutor about saying, "aks", and they seem to get a kick out of it! We have pop quizzes all of the time on how to pronounce, "ask", and I make them repeat it until they get it right!!

And I can see how serious Kim is about a singing career by how much she smokes. NOT!
    Who can say their way of pronouncing words is the correct way? It's all part of the territory of which you were raised. You think you have perfect dictions until to travel to Canada or England and discover that nobody understands your proper diction. I live in Texas and some people pronounce the month of February and Febrary or road and roaded.

I don't think Kim can sing at all because Dallas was sure pushing that vocal coach on her. I think Dallas is just apeasing her because he probably owes "Big Poppa" a favor. And another thing,this "Big Poppa" guy that dont' want to be seen on TV is probably married. Does this girl even work?? What a positive example she is setting for her kids. And is it me or does that Sherrice (I'm beautiful and rich so everyone needs to bow down to me) girl looks very manly??

NeNe is a hoot. I like how she keeps it real.

Has anyone figured out who Kim's sugar daddy is? Papa Bear must be a married man if he's not willing to even be mentioned on tv.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3221743;
    Who can say their way of pronouncing words is the correct way? It's all part of the territory of which you were raised. You think you have perfect dictions until to travel to Canada or England and discover that nobody understands your proper diction. I live in Texas and some people pronounce the month of February and Febrary or road and roaded.

I don't think Kim can sing at all because Dallas was sure pushing that vocal coach on her. I think Dallas is just apeasing her because he probably owes "Big Poppa" a favor. And another thing,this "Big Poppa" guy that dont' want to be seen on TV is probably married. Does this girl even work?? What a positive example she is setting for her kids. And is it me or does that Sherrice (I'm beautiful and rich so everyone needs to bow down to me) girl looks very manly??

NeNe is a hoot. I like how she keeps it real.
    Although I suspect it's not popular to say so, sloppy speech patterns are a product of intelligence and education. Idioms or mispronunciations such as axk and Febrary are not appropriate in Canada, the UK, or the US, even in Texas, except perhaps on the wrong side of the tracks. The UK and Canada, of course, along with Australia and other English-speaking countries, do not speak American English- and no one expects them to, just like they don't expect us to speak UK English or Canadian English or Australian English. Really, these women have IQs that can be measured on the Richter scale. It goes up to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3220215;
    For the record, I do not see any of these people as "gutter scum", or "grifters". I have more respect for people than to categorize them in such a negative fashion when I don't know them. We just never know who is going to look at "us" and "ours" and choose to categorize us/judge us in a like manner. And I don't think the "Atlanta children" are anymore 'useless' than any other children. I think it's hard/unrealistic to pigeonhole people until you've walked a mile in their shoes....especially as a parent, or as members of their social groups. We all do what we do, and live as we live. As long as we are living within legal bounds, who's to say we're wrong just because somebody else is disapproving of our lifestyles.
    You have a point. I'm just so astonished by how creepshow they are. I don't respect them, and if you do, you're generous and god knows the world does need generous and kind people. They just hit me as being, I dunno, kinda creepy and stupid, vapid, stilted, and overreaching. All that flashing and drinking and going to bars, and pseudo charity work... somehow on a gut level, well, it just seems creepy, like hollow, shallow, pointless lives. I think it's sad and a little scary.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just believe in giving people a chance before I judge them too harshly. I've got to see what really lies beneath the surface, and not assume that I already know.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3221773;

Perhaps that's 29 dog years! The camera is N.O.T. your friend, Kimmy!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3221904;
    You have a point. I'm just so astonished by how creepshow they are. I don't respect them, and if you do, you're generous and god knows the world does need generous and kind people. They just hit me as being, I dunno, kinda creepy and stupid, vapid, stilted, and overreaching. All that flashing and drinking and going to bars, and pseudo charity work... somehow on a gut level, well, it just seems creepy, like hollow, shallow, pointless lives. I think it's sad and a little scary.
    Wow!
    I don't think there is anything fake or phony about DeShawn's charity.

+ Reply to Thread