+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1336Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone;3722784;

And why doesn't Kim get better wigs? I mean can she find wigs (or hair weaves) that look semi-natural? Her hair strands look so shiny and nylon-ish. More so than Barbie hair.

Bring on the New York (or even New Jersey) gals!
    Well, Skim has that new wig business; must be up & running & hauling in $$$ by now, so next season plan to see her wigs looking fabulous. No, make that "awesome".
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Family celebrates, defends ‘Housewives' ex-fiance's life
    By Mashaun D. Simon

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Ashley “A.J.” Jewell was remembered Friday as a “free-spirit” who loved his kids passionately.

Jewell is best known as the ex-fiancé of Kandi Burruss, a former member of the R&B girl group Xscape and the newest cast member of the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Story continues below ↓
    Burruss remembered Jewell as a father to many, not just his biological six kids.

"He would call people his son who were almost as old as him," she said laughing. It was the one time she smiled as she fought back tears.

Mourners began arriving to Ray of Hope Christian Church around 11 a.m.

People could be seen gathering from the parking lot to the lobby of the church, talking, laughing, and hugging as they waited for the family to arrive.

Inside the sanctuary, celebrities like hip hop producer Jazze Pha were some of the first to pay their respects and view the body.

Jewell’s family arrived at the church around 12:30 p.m. His six kids led the family into the sanctuary, followed by his parents, siblings, the four mothers of his kids and Burruss.

Burruss’ fellow cast members arrived shortly before the family. They included, NeNe Leakes and Lisa Wu Hartwell with their husbands in tow, and Kim Zolciak and Dwight Eubanks.

During the service, family members and friends “defended” Jewell. They attacked the media and bloggers and said they had misrepresented and misjudged Jewell.

“What you saw on TV was only a snippet of how my brother was,” said Jewell’s brother, Isaac.

Burruss was one of the six mourners chosen by the family to give remarks. She said she felt Jewell had been “taken too soon.”

“A.J. had the best,” she said, fighting back tears. “And he has three beautiful daughters and three handsome sons to carry on his family name.”

His son, Ashley Jewell III, said he was a wonderful dad.

“You will always be in my heart,” he said. “I promise to carry on your name.”

Other celebrities in attendance included Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, also a former member of Xscape and Ronnie DeVoe from the group New Edition

Jewell, 34, died Friday night, Oct. 2 after a fight outside of the Body Tap, a strip club of which Jewel was part owner. He was laid to rest at Washington Memorial Gardens in Decatur.

Frederick Richardson, the man charged with killing Jewell, is being held in the Fulton County jail with bond until his next court appearance Oct. 20.
    Kocktail Kat

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KocktailKat;3723438;
    Family celebrates, defends ‘Housewives' ex-fiance's life
    By Mashaun D. Simon
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Ashley “A.J.” Jewell was remembered Friday as a “free-spirit” who loved his kids passionately....During the service, family members and friends “defended” Jewell. They attacked the media and bloggers and said they had misrepresented and misjudged Jewell. “What you saw on TV was only a snippet of how my brother was,” said Jewell’s brother, Isaac.

...His son, Ashley Jewell III, said he was a wonderful dad. “You will always be in my heart,” he said. “I promise to carry on your name.”
    So glad the family was able to express how they felt AJ was misjudged. I always thought AJ seemed like a great guy, and I didn't "judge" him for having had children with different mothers. To me, he always came across as a sweet, loving guy. Also, what a wonderful statement AJ III made in honor of his father.

Thanks for posting this about AJ.
    He seemed like a nice guy to me, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Burruss’ fellow cast members arrived shortly before the family. They included, NeNe Leakes and Lisa Wu Hartwell with their husbands in tow, and Kim Zolciak and Dwight Eubanks.
    Where was Sheree? Did her son have another concert?

what a sick thing to say. i wouldn't wish this kind of hurt and pain on my worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3720323;
    This should happen to Kim or Laurie Waring or Vicky Gunvalson- they actually deserve a little pain coming their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3720323;
    Kandi is probably the most open, honest, and truly decent of all the housewives- OC, NY, NJ, Atl. So it's so very sad to know she's hurting. This should happen to Kim or Laurie Waring or Vicky Gunvalson- they actually deserve a little pain coming their way.
    What a horrible thing to say. Sure, Kim, Laurie, and Vicki may be obnoxious as hell, but to say they deserve to have a spouse/loved one die...

FORT Fogey

I think the point here was - and we discussed it already - that the rain seems to always fall on those who most deserve some sunshine. Poorly worded, maybe, but I'm sure she wasn't hoping that this happened to them.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

“You will always be in my heart,” he said. “I promise to carry on your name.”

Ohh, this just breaks my heart. Those poor kids. I hope they can find some comfort in this horrible tragedy.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3726614;
    What a horrible thing to say. Sure, Kim, Laurie, and Vicki may be obnoxious as hell, but to say they deserve to have a spouse/loved one die...
    You're right, it was pretty sharp there.... just thinking that so often the worst things happen to the best people. Wouldn't actually want anyone to die! But Skim, Whorie, Icky - they just dance through life hurting people, and it's sad seeing Kandi, a seemingly truly nice individual, hurt when lesser beings spit at the world and come up roses.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread