+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1339Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3718386;
    Without AJ in the picture: Again Kandi's mom following Kandi's mentality about judging new people. The fact that Kim as a new acqaintance and friend hasn't done anything untoward to Kandi or her mom as of yet and has been sweet & kind. Plus, even if everything that is said and thought about Kim is true the level of threat that Kim as a new aquaintance/friend would cause to Kandi is small. Factor in all the things Kim has been accused of: lying on other housewives; lying about herself; calling people names; being a phony & a fake; using people; sleeping with a married man, etc. If she's gonna have problems she would have to include all the housewives. Nene, Sheree, & Lisa have all done some, if not all, of those things or been rumored, talked about, or accused of doing so. They all talk about each other, call each other names, lie about each other, use each other, and can be fake at times. Even the married man thing, Sheree divorce was taking 3 years and she dated while she was still legally married. Kim at least isn't openly hostile like Nene. So Kandi's mom has no reason to feel uneasy about Kim and fell that Kandi couldn't handle the friendship especially with her being in the business.

1) Wow, that's an excellent point. Nene's whispering about Kim behind Nene's back is as bad as Kim whispering about Nene behind Nene's. Same goes especially with Lisa vs. Sheree.

2) I admire how Kandi and her mom don't accept others' judgments about people but take them as they come. Total contrast to Caroline Manzo's strange pathological suspicion.

+I heard them talking about it on the radio this morning. They said AJ had gotten hit in the head with a bottle, had spoken to Kandi shortly after and everything seemed fine, and then she got a call two hours later that he was dead. I've read a couple of articles on the incident, however, none of them mentioned if AJ had gone straight to the hospital after the incident. Head injuries are so unpredictable and it's scary how for most people we think we're fine because we feel fine, meanwhile, all types of things can be going on behind the x-ray machine so to speak. I had not heard the "perp" was the owner of the club. So that would make them business partners and this was possibly a work related conflict. Every time the details of these sorts of stories come out it always shows how sad an unnecesary it all was.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3718383;
    If you watch when Lisa & Kandi are talking into each other's ear in the club, it's clearly a voiceover. They are not talking about Kim at that moment. The, "where is Kim", etc. was a voiceover on that scene.
    Thanks, I have to watch for that when I see the episode again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3718458;
    Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Kim have a nanny for her children? Unless her daughter was in the ER, IMHO & I may be wrong here, but she really didn't have an excuse for missing Kandi's show. I think it was more like the focus of the night was going to be on Kandi & not Kim.

Maybe she had a "date" with Big Poppa.
    Those two engineers (wozzisface and handsome Selasi) weren't volunteering; they had to be paid for. I HOPE Kim didn't leave Kandi with the bill as well as all alone on Kandi's big debut.

Strange: I was all on the edge of my seat when Kandi took that incredibly oddly tiny stagelette (stagina? stagey-poo?) and so relieved when she said that after a few moments she really relaxed and remembered her joy in performing.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3718480;
    +I heard them talking about it on the radio this morning. They said AJ had gotten hit in the head with a bottle, had spoken to Kandi shortly after and everything seemed fine, and then she got a call two hours later that he was dead. I've read a couple of articles on the incident, however, none of them mentioned if AJ had gone straight to the hospital after the incident. Head injuries are so unpredictable and it's scary how for most people we think we're fine because we feel fine, meanwhile, all types of things can be going on behind the x-ray machine so to speak. I had not heard the "perp" was the owner of the club. So that would make them business partners and this was possibly a work related conflict. Every time the details of these sorts of stories come out it always shows how sad an unnecesary it all was.
    Terribly. What on earth could be worth it. Like I say, you can have a one-hit homicide. People don't think before they lash out.

(Actually, I didn't say that - Judge Milian did to some lout who'd gotten in a brawl.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've only heard AJ identified as "working at the club". I didn't hear the account of AJ talking to Kandi and seeming fine, only to die later. Reminds me of Natasha Richardson's (Liam Neesom's wife) head injury; sounded like she thought she was fine, too. Sounds like out-of-control brain swelling detected too late.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3718383;
    If you watch when Lisa & Kandi are talking into each other's ear in the club, it's clearly a voiceover. They are not talking about Kim at that moment. The, "where is Kim", etc. was a voiceover on that scene.
    Wow. So Bravo may have edited it to make Kim look bad.

Not sure if I like that.

her daughter deserves to be listened to to some degree - - - - but not over something silly like wanting to remain an only child. from what was shown on the show, aj seemed to have a great relationship w riley.

his death is a tragedy. there really is no more than should be said beyond that.

and anglo am is correct, one punch can lead to death.

i believe he was a part owner of body tap.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3717417;
    AJ was not a healthy relationship. Yes she does however her daughter deserves to be listened to also. It is possible to have a positive relationship and a man if you choose properly who is around your child.

I can only hope that everything turns out ok for all involved.

i ;don't think a child being a selfish brat is putting undue stress on the child. to me all i got out of riley's complaints was that she didn't want to have to share.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3717758;
    I didn't say that Riley had a bad relationship or mention any abuse. What I said was Riley did not want those kids in her home. The child was upset to the point of tears over it. Yes Riley liked AJ, however having someone else and their brood move into a home you are not used to sharing upset the girl.

Riley loved AJ his kids not so much. There may have not been any baby mama drama at the time but it is sure to come with that many kids and baby mama's. I can understand Kandi's mom unease with the situation she was worried about her daughter and her grandchild. Imo an unhealthy relationship is one that puts undue stress on my child. YMMV.

In all the reports of AJ's death, they keep referring to him as Khandi's ex fiancee.
    Does anyone know if they broke up before he died? Thanks. I'm confused here.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread