+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1407Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kids don't always react well to having siblings, be it from a blended family or simply a younger sibling with the same set of parents. I never saw Riley in tears, but maybe you have means we don't? I didn't see her acting like she didn't like AJ's children, she said they would be "friends" not brothers or sisters. That indicates that she doesn't want to share her mama. Understandable, especially for a child her age who's an only child of a single mother, but not indicative of an unhealthy relationship. Any change is going to put stress on a child, but if it's going to be stress with no real positive outcome, then that's a bad thing. But Riley was going to gain a father figure she clearly adored, and brothers and sisters that she clearly liked. The only "stress" she was dealing with was sharing her mother. It's hard, and it's painful, but frankly, it's just something that happens.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Anymore, kids are raised to think that they should not have to deal with anything that they don't like...and the world's not just like that. Everybody doesn't always win; everybody doesn't always get their way. I think it's good for kids to understand that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3717444;
    Kandi's mom liking Kim and being sweet to her vs. AJ is a no-brainer for me. Just like Kandi, her mom makes her own decision on people based on what she gets to know of a person. Plus, the person your daughter may marry & have kids with vs. a casual or even semi-close friend who doesn't aske anything of your daughter, is a very different thing. Kim hasn't done anything wrong to Kandi's mom. She hasn't done anything wrong to Kandi, as far as mom knows. She's been sweet, caring, kind, and charming to Kandi's mom and a lot of fun. She's been the same to Kandi, even to the point of including Kandi in that birthday bash totally equally, which she didn't have to do. So, Kandi's mom has no reason but to like Kim and be sweet and caring back. That simple.

Also, for those who are curious, here is an article where Kim tells why she was not at Kandi's performance:

Kim Zolciak explains why she wasn’t at Kandi Burruss’ party | Radio & TV Talk

Kim's BSing. If she called Kandi "earlier" how come Kandi asked Lisa after her performance (I do like "I fly above") where Kim was. Earlier than the interviewer spoke to her maybe but not before the performance.

FORT Regular

I saw nothing negative in AJ. The first time Kandi and AJ were introduced, I remembered thinking, "Oh boy, yet another woman who goes for the men with a bad past". But I actually ended up liking him; he was very supportive and loving of Kandi in whatever she did. And a huge plus is that her daughter loved him as well. As for it being an unhealthy relationship because of her daughter's comments, sorry, I strongly disagree. Those comments are typical of someone who's not used to something and reacting to it; quite normal. After the tragic circumstances, I hope Kandi can find another guy who her family accepts.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3717737;
    Okay, just read the article about Kim missing Kandi's show. What confuses me is that she said she had spoken to Kandi earlier and explained...yet the first thing Kandi asked Lisa was "where's Kim"? Aside from that Kandi's comments did not seem to indicate that Kim had given any sort of explaination. Kim was quoted as saying that she'd be there for her good friend Kandi while she is dealing with the loss of AJ. Hopefully she will actually be there, but thankfully Kandi has her own support system in place outside of the crazies that occupy the show with her.

If you watch when Lisa & Kandi are talking into each other's ear in the club, it's clearly a voiceover. They are not talking about Kim at that moment. The, "where is Kim", etc. was a voiceover on that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3717757;
    I don't know how it could be a perspective with or without AJ in the picture, since you compared and contrasted Kandi's mom's relationship with Kim vs AJ, but no big deal. I stand by my point that from how she has been edited, IMO, it seems as though a person would need to earn Kandi's mom's trust. BTW, I do like Kandi's mom.
    I was making the general point of how Kandi's mom could like Kim and respond well to her & her relationship with Kandi:

With AJ in the picture: expressing how Kandi's mom could like Kim vs. the reaction to AJ. Since, the 2 relationships were on a different level as to how they would impact Kandi's mom or Kandi. Casual to semi-close friend vs. potential husband in affecting Kandi's life in a bad way. Plus, Kandi's mom having the same mentality as Kandi about judging a person by what you know of them and how they treat you vs. rumors and what other people say.

Without AJ in the picture: Again Kandi's mom following Kandi's mentality about judging new people. The fact that Kim as a new acqaintance and friend hasn't done anything untoward to Kandi or her mom as of yet and has been sweet & kind. Plus, even if everything that is said and thought about Kim is true the level of threat that Kim as a new aquaintance/friend would cause to Kandi is small. Factor in all the things Kim has been accused of: lying on other housewives; lying about herself; calling people names; being a phony & a fake; using people; sleeping with a married man, etc. If she's gonna have problems she would have to include all the housewives. Nene, Sheree, & Lisa have all done some, if not all, of those things or been rumored, talked about, or accused of doing so. They all talk about each other, call each other names, lie about each other, use each other, and can be fake at times. Even the married man thing, Sheree divorce was taking 3 years and she dated while she was still legally married. Kim at least isn't openly hostile like Nene. So Kandi's mom has no reason to feel uneasy about Kim and fell that Kandi couldn't handle the friendship especially with her being in the business.

Geez took me longer to clarify what I said then it did to orginally say it. sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3717399;
    Wow, so sad. I feel for his children....and for Kandi too. I was late to this season and actually just caught up last night. What a shocker!
    Agree, so very sad for Kandi and all the children.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Kim have a nanny for her children? Unless her daughter was in the ER, IMHO & I may be wrong here, but she really didn't have an excuse for missing Kandi's show. I think it was more like the focus of the night was going to be on Kandi & not Kim.

Maybe she had a "date" with Big Poppa.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3718386;
    Plus, Kandi's mom having the same mentality as Kandi about judging a person by what you know of them and how they treat you vs. rumors and what other people say.
    You keep mentioning Kandi's mom having a similar trait as Kandi, who doesn't judge a person by rumor, etc. K's mom did judge AJ by what she had heard/rumors. (Perhaps there was more to it, as we all know about editing, and what they choose to show and not show). As for how a person treats you? AJ treated K's mom well, he was friendly to her, he interacted really well with K's daughter, he treated Kandi really well, etc; so K's mom's actions don't support your statement. From what we've been shown. As far as the other woman, I don't think we've seen K's mom interact with the other woman (not that I remember), so their "actions" don't play a part in this.

Again, what I originally mentioned about K's mom was just a very general comment made in passing. It didn't really bother me at all, and I forgot about it soon after I mentioned it!
    Last edited by daiseyo; 10-05-2009 at 10:32 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heard, this morning, that the man arrested for AJ's death is the owner of the club.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread