+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1406Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Kandi did NOT choose a man over her child! In what instance do we see AJ be anything but kind and sweet to Riley? Where do we see him be anything but kind and sweet to Kandi? We know that she was taking it slow FOR her daughter and her mother.

I was so saddened to hear about AJ. He never struck me as a bad guy, just as someone who had made some questionable choices and I understood why Khandi's mom never accepted him.It's awful that he died so young and now his children will truly be raised without a father. Hopefully they will be allowed to maintain contact with one another, since the one thread the bound them together is now gone. Khandi said there wa no baby mama drama, so hopefully the women will foster a relationship between the siblings. May the young man RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3717417;
    AJ was not a healthy relationship. Yes she does however her daughter deserves to be listened to also. It is possible to have a positive relationship and a man if you choose properly who is around your child.

I can only hope that everything turns out ok for all involved.
    While I agreed with Kandi's mom about the marriage, I do not see how it was an unhealthy relationship. There was no whisper of any abuse or blatant favoring him over the child. The daughter seemed to really love AJ. And Kandi was listening to her daughter as she didn't rush out and marry him anyway.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

While AJ seemed socially awkward, I always thought that he was nothing but supportive of Kandi, and he seemed to have a good relationship with Riley. Kandi looks very happy with AJ in the pictures above. Who's to say it wasn't right?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Even with his past mistakes in mind, there is nothing that is to say he's a bad person. Nothing. May God help his family in this terrible time for them.

FORT Fan

That's an interesting article, the one about Kim missing Kandi's party.... but I thought her daughters names were Brielle and Arianna.....

Okay, just read the article about Kim missing Kandi's show. What confuses me is that she said she had spoken to Kandi earlier and explained...yet the first thing Kandi asked Lisa was "where's Kim"? Aside from that Kandi's comments did not seem to indicate that Kim had given any sort of explaination. Kim was quoted as saying that she'd be there for her good friend Kandi while she is dealing with the loss of AJ. Hopefully she will actually be there, but thankfully Kandi has her own support system in place outside of the crazies that occupy the show with her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3717667;
    Not really, just giving my perspective and opinion on the situation with or without AJ in the picture. Which is what the what the message board is for, no?
    I don't know how it could be a perspective with or without AJ in the picture, since you compared and contrasted Kandi's mom's relationship with Kim vs AJ, but no big deal. I stand by my point that from how she has been edited, IMO, it seems as though a person would need to earn Kandi's mom's trust. BTW, I do like Kandi's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3717720;
    While I agreed with Kandi's mom about the marriage, I do not see how it was an unhealthy relationship. There was no whisper of any abuse or blatant favoring him over the child. The daughter seemed to really love AJ. And Kandi was listening to her daughter as she didn't rush out and marry him anyway.
    I didn't say that Riley had a bad relationship or mention any abuse. What I said was Riley did not want those kids in her home. The child was upset to the point of tears over it. Yes Riley liked AJ, however having someone else and their brood move into a home you are not used to sharing upset the girl.

Riley loved AJ his kids not so much. There may have not been any baby mama drama at the time but it is sure to come with that many kids and baby mama's. I can understand Kandi's mom unease with the situation she was worried about her daughter and her grandchild. Imo an unhealthy relationship is one that puts undue stress on my child. YMMV.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's a tough call, because blending families is usually not the smoothest of transitions. It's quite possible that if Riley had her father in her life she would have hated AJ. It's not uncommon for kids to harbor the fantasy that their parents will raise them together no matter what, and even if they realize that this is not possible they may resent another man in a "father" role when they already have a daddy. Riley likely liked having a father figure there because Kandi made it sound as if her dad does not participate in her life. In that regard AJ was someone that Riley needed in her life.

As for other children in her home to share that attention and love with, now that's another matter. Some kids welcome having a brother or sister, some may feel threatened by it. They may feel threatened that they are sharing the time and love of the parents. I get the feeling that this is more of what Riley was resenting more than the fact that she didn't mesh with his kids. If that's the case only living in the situation for a while and seeing firsthand that she would lose nothing in the deal would make her feel better.

Now as for Khandi's mom, I think the 6 kids/multiple baby mamas thing was pretty overpowering for her. Add on top of that the fact that Kandi has some means and she doesn't want her daughter to get burned in the process. AJ seemed to have a lot of business ventures that were just getting off the ground and had nothing established on the level that Kandi has. She is a typical mom worried and wanting to keep her daughter from making mistakes and feeling pain again. It's always a mother's wish to protect their child, there are just some things that your kids are going to either prove you wrong on or learn the hard way.Riley's dad is obviously not much of a winner if he disregards his child and is not a part of her life, I'm sure Kandi's mom did not want to see her step in it again so to speak.

+ Reply to Thread