+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 409 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1428Likes

Thread: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Re: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;3218608;
    So if you wanna light a cigar with a $100 bill then it is not wasteful? It's your money you can waste it if you want but don't fool yourself into thinking that a $400 haircut is not being wasteful. That money could be put to better use than fueling your narcissism.

At what point does it become excessive?
    I have to disagree. I am grown I have no children to support because my child is an adult. I gave back by volunteering with at risk kids, and charitable donations to united way. I can afford with zero problems a $400 hairdo so I get one.
    what's more excessive someone who can afford the things they want and buys them? Or someone who spends their rent check on something they know they can't afford?

My hard work gives me the right to do whatever I want with no explanations or apologizes given for my actions. My money is put to good use. I am not asking anyone else to pay my bills and neither are these ladies.

These ladies have the money to spend however they spend It I am not going to feel envy or any other kind of emotion about it. It's their money to do what they will with it.
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 10-17-2008 at 01:53 AM.

Sheree is so fake. I didnt buy her for one minute and thought she did humilate Neenee on purpose

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did somebody say that this is the same Sheree that was on Amazing Race?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.

yes, a couple seasons ago there was an all female team on TAR labled the NFL Wives and Sharee was one of the two. She's more annoying now.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3218905;
    Of course it's wasting money when you buy an 11 year old a purse that costs $1600, it's ridiculous, unnecessary and excessive. It's a need to try and keep up with the Jones's and impress others. Same with the expensive cars, it is a need to impress others. I can assure you some of the wealthiest kids I know prefer to shop at second hand stores and at Target, sure they may drive a nice "safe" car but they're not idiots.
    You are a grown woman that earns her own money, it's up to you if you want to pay $400 for a haircut. It's your choice, your money. What values does one instill in a child by allowing her to have lavish parties and gifts at such a young age. If you watched RHOOC, Lou lost all his money and left his family without a home to live in, after they lived in excess for many years. He died without life insurance or any provisions for his children. These kids went from living in a gated community, owning their own horses and never wanting for anything. They now live on their own with no help from their parents. What preparation did they have? What life lessons did their parents teach them?
    Well stated. She is doing her daughter a great disservice with all of the excess. It was apparent that her daughter did not appreciate the party, or the gifts (except the $1610 status symbol purse) and she will be in a world of hurt if/when Big Poppa dumps her mother.

OK, I just did some research on Sheree, who is Sheree Whitfield and was married to Bob Whitfield who played for Atlanta. The Sheree on Amazing Race was/is Sheree Buchanan who was (I'm guessing still is) married to Ray Buchanan who also played for Atlanta. Mrs. Buchanan pronounces her name "She-ree" while the (soon to be?) former Mrs. Whitfield pronounces her name "Sher-ray". 2 different women whom, I would think, probably know each other! And they don't look alike, either.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.

that would explain why she's acting so differently Thanks prhoshay
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Thanks, 'shay, for clearing up the case of the two Sherees!

I will try to watch the RHOA again to see if I heard Kim state that she bought her daughter the $1600 purse because she (the daughter) didn't like the one that mama bought two weeks earlier.

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree whether the party was over the top or not, MsDiva. You can do what you want with YOUR hard-earned money. Kim, however, doesn't have any of her OWN money, she's living on Big Poppa's bankbook. Guess it is just not good enough TV to show some of these kids doing charitable work or Kim putting X amount of money into her daughter's college fund.

FORT Fogey

I like the ladies of Atlanta. I think one of the best lines ever from a reality show is NeNe who talks about her marriage as "nothin' but love, honey, and a lot of hard work".

My only issue so far is that their kids seem to be spoiled - esp. those of the woman who has the full-blown staff and the blond.

Yeah----the woman (with the new house and staff) has "Nanny 911" bratty children; in all fairness, they've only shown the one child being a pain. I wanted to shake her for letting her son act like he did...and she just went along with it?? Talk about abdicating your parental responsibility. I was shocked.

+ Reply to Thread